This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

creweexcel

oven cleaning
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:16 am »
i am an ex ovenu oven cleaner and have cleaned two ovens this week that ovenu chester and ovenu crewe have regular cleans bythese two how is it the clients both said oh he never took the doors off or took the fan out also both never touched roof on ovens shocking  and a disgrace to other oven cleaners and charging 100 for double oven i only charge 60 but my ovens have the wow!factor .Rant over

Leza

Re: oven cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 07:34:31 am »
Hi Creweexcel,

Hope you don't mind me asking? How do you get spotless results, I am trying loads of different products but none take off the baked on meat fats always left with loads in the oven shell (glass is generally good). I don't have a dip tank or anything  for racks either, but do have a Lakeland big heavy duty plastic tray for this purpose. Any help would be really really appreciated  :)

daniel osmore

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:06:16 pm »
Hi Leza,

Try using a very sharp blade (like a handled window cleaning scraper) to scrap off the baked on fat and carbon deposits. I use a little washing-up liquid to lubricate the blade and minimise the possibility of scratching (although oven enamel is generally very tough and resistant to scratching). You may need to replace the blade if it starts to get blunt, the sharper the better.

creweexcel

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 06:44:53 pm »
A lot of oven cleaning gels are made by same company but are packaged under own labels ,I use a lot of pound shop oven cleaners, type with bag to soak racks in, but I don't use the bag. I too have a Lakeland tray, sharp blades and wire wool are a must,strip oven parts down and coat parts with a sponge with the gel ,leave to soak while coating inside of oven with the same gel.Then clean off the parts using a metal pan scourer .Use soapy water in Lakeland tray to rinse parts in.sharp blade for inside oven and glass after coating in gel. Use pan scourer on inside of oven.Wipe down and polish oven with a spray polish, takes about 1/2 hours