Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael Peterson

new vivaro
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »
don't suppose any of you guys that have the new vivaro have fitted a split charge relay and if so here did you run the wires ?

martinw

Re: new vivaro
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 03:18:18 pm »
run cable from battery tray  underneath towards back and drill a hole, mass goes to closest point on bodywork or
driil a hole in the battery cover plate or next to it and run cable under rubber flooring towards the back and through rubber grommet in the bulkhead. based on 2011 vivaro,  2015 model should be similar

sparkleglass

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 07:01:40 pm »
just the same as the man says run the cable down side of door under mat , (foot well door) ,then under seat and drill hole in bulk head.. great van love mine

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49:19 am »
don't suppose any of you guys that have the new vivaro have fitted a split charge relay and if so here did you run the wires ?
Hi Michael - is your vehicle the new shape vivaro? If so - does it have start/stop and regenerative braking? If so - a standard split relay should not be fitted as this will invalidate the warranty from the manufacturers.
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

timglaze

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 03:58:28 pm »
I've just had a week of problems with fitting a split relay to the new vivaro. It has smart charging so you can't put a voltage sensing relay on it. You can however put a normal relay with a feed from the ignition. Any questions just ask.

timglaze

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 04:01:27 pm »
Also run the charging cable where the bonnet release cable goes from the passenger foot well through to the bonnet. There's a rubber bung that allows for a couple of extra cables to go through.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »
Bummer I have voltage sensing relay , I might just let this new battery I've just bought see its life out free of the relay

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:32:52 pm »
I've just had a week of problems with fitting a split relay to the new vivaro. It has smart charging so you can't put a voltage sensing relay on it. You can however put a normal relay with a feed from the ignition. Any questions just ask.

That's interesting.

Why doesn't a volt sensing relay work? Does the old feed triggered relay fool the van's ecu into providing addional charge or does it just by-pass it?

I haven't found anything concrete on the Ford Forums with regard to SCR's which I would have thought would be a topic of discussion by now.  Ford have been messing on with smart charging for a few years now.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 09:24:16 pm »
Just found this
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 09:33:46 pm »
If there was a "like" button, I'd use it for this ^

Vin

timglaze

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 05:30:57 pm »
There you go! What spruce said. If you get in and turn your lights on main beam the alternator jumps to about 14.2v therefore kicking in the vsr, but remembering to do that each time you start the ignition would be a bit annoying.

Scott Metcalfe

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 06:19:35 pm »
Ive had the split charge on the new shape vivaro(64reg) since september and not had 1 problem at all since then, so works fine for me.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 03:53:02 am »
was it a volateg sensing one though ?