Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter maybury

Re: would you inform your insurance company?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 08:26:10 pm »
I would sue them for damages to your hose and the stress caused by the worry of it all.
Listen to john's advice
Despite you paying the premiums the insurance company work for themselves.
peter

Craigp

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 04:23:47 pm »

Since when do you need to go to the doctors for a bruised knee !?

That's just to embellish the story. Gits.

Pete cooper

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 10:45:46 pm »
The doctor is there to tell them it's more than a bruise as a bruise is worth nothing on a claim, it will be a hematoma of tissue!!!

Pete Blackburn

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 11:20:03 pm »
Geoff,

I feel for you. Hope they don’t go to a CMC - Claims Management Company AKA Ambulance chasers.
I am currently fighting one off at the moment, despite us being correct in our health and safety method during the incident.  They will not stop persuing and practice all types of threatening and psychological games, one of which is sending mail to you so it lands on your doormat on a Friday or Saturday in attempt to disturb your weekend.

Usually the claimant (the person who had the accident) initially seeks advise with a recognized ambulance chaser, the guys that have adverts on TV and radios.
These organizations then gather all the claims together and auction them off on a nationwide system to any scummy outfit that is willing to pay the highest bid and take the case on.

The very fact that that an outfit has paid money to tackle you means they are going to be like a dog with a bone - they could pin a sex charge on a goldfish if they wanted to.

The best advice I could give to any trade is..... Never trust that the general public has common sense, if a hose is clearly visible, imagine it as invisible. Imagine that every person that comes into the vicinity of your workplace or working area is looking for breaches in your health and safety in a hope of suing you, causing you misery and getting loads of money. The second you think 'Oh it will be ok' is the second someone slips, trips, hang, looses a head, electrocutes, burns or blows up and it then becomes your fault as you sit in doc looking up at sobbing relatives.
Always think to yourself 'I won’t let the numptys get me as you sign your areas correctly to the max - make people comment on how over the top your health and safety is and how the world has gone mad.

It’s a chore and time consuming but we are now a sue culture the same as the USA.

Pete

John Kelly

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 09:27:34 am »
Good post Pete.

Andy A

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 09:54:15 am »

Alby,

I am tending to agree with you , on the point  you make.

I always , with out fail inform the customers and any other people to be aware of hoses, in fact I might even voice  record the initial conversation re. aware of hoses, whether this is legal, I don't know. !!

I will wait and see.

geoff

Recording isn't admissible, unless the other party is asked for consent to being recorded, which is why call centres always state that the call is being recorded if that is the case (although stating isn't asking permission, so it would be interesting to see that challenged in a legal setting).

One thing you may have in your favour if common sense doesn't prevail is the driveway, when you say it's shared it could depend on how it's marked on their deeds, say for example the house you were at was on the left as you look up the driveway, and the van was parked in the middle, and she lives on the right, why did she have to go onto neighbouring property to access her house, when she could have taken the logical route to the right, document anything odd about it, so that should you need to contact your insurers it's there infront of you.

I hate people who try to make something out of nothing for financial gain, so what, she fell over and bruised her knees, no doubt she'll have a sick note by now saying she can't work for a couple of weeks because of the pain to her joints so she's suffered "financial loss", if you know her full name it wouldn't hurt to take a look at her facebook and see what she's upto over the next week or so, any mention, or pictures of physical activity, trips out etc, get a screen shot and keep it safe, so if she plays the old "stuck in doors, feet up" routine then says "lovely day out at the park/wherever" it shows inconsistancies in her story.

A mate of mine recently sledged a car up the backside, he was following it, got distracted and the car in front braked hard, fair play, it was his fault, he asked the bloke driving if he was okay, did the paperwork exchange etc etc, then a few days later the letter comes through the door, the bloke was claiming whiplash (okay, that takes a few days to show usually), but so was his girlfriend, who was waiting for him to pick her up, and had been stood 100 metres away on the pavement when the accident happened.

After telling the insurance what happened, and that she wasn't in the car, she still got paid out, the barstewards don't like to argue, they just want rid as cheaply as possible.
"I don't feel the need to be educated any more. I could probably teach the teacher's if I am honest. " Ronnie B

"I know what islam is you patronising turnip"   Sean Dyer

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:01 am »
i find most people are complete idiots, i always put my ramp down but instead of walking over the ramp they insist in taking a side step and then trip on the hose with an immediate angry look at me, and some mumbling, i always say to them, with a smile, what do you think the ramp is there for? they usually scurry away again chunnering to themselves.......pillocks

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 01:32:22 pm »
this thread remind me that a hose ramp was on my shopping list, just purchased one for 120 euros, think the same like hydramaster sells.

gwrightson

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 03:41:54 pm »

An update,

As yet not heard any thing  :)   But I guess it does not mean to say she isn't taking it any further. no doubt these claim agents or who ever they are need to get all the paper work etc. done first.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 03:44:42 pm »

An update,

As yet not heard any thing  :)   But I guess it does not mean to say she isn't taking it any further. no doubt these claim agents or who ever they are need to get all the paper work etc. done first.

geoff

not only paper work, there will be massages, rehabilitation and then after a lot of efort takken, a lot of proof, they will start with a claim
just like car accident whiplash fraud

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 03:55:35 pm »
Hey Radek,where did you buy the ramp?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 04:23:59 pm »
pittman.ie

in uk even cheaper but for us incl delivery is better to order from pittman.

jim mca

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 08:26:49 pm »
Radek

Can you put up a link cant see anything on there site that looks useful

jim mca

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:52 pm »
Lets know when you get it might be a struggle to get 2 inch hose through

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 07:13:42 am »
Lets know when you get it might be a struggle to get 2 inch hose through

should be ok even for 2.5 inch, otherwise hydramaster would not sell it
it has 2x 68mm gap, so even for dual operator ok
plus you can drive heavy vehicle over it when you could not do it with prochem one , i think.
should get it tomorrow as it is already in my city what i can see from tracking

Mike Halliday

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 07:30:33 am »
Just out of interest what would happen if you just refused to cooperate with any claim that arose?

You just replied  to any correspondence that this claim is totally fraudulent you are not willing to accept any involment in it.

Or you just ignore any contact from them

Or.... You just told them straight that you would rather cease trading and start up a different company than pay them a penny. They can chase you all they want, they will just be wasting their money....you will pay them nothing

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 07:43:51 am »
mike if he is a sole trader then you may not avoid the claim as court will take your assets

gwrightson

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 07:49:57 am »

Mike,

The more I think about it , the more I am determined to dispute it.

having said that , it would probably be easier to  hand to my insurance company 

Think I might just do some covert filming of her , I am pretty sure she will be out running every day .

Not one these ladies you see just going for a jog, more a determined serious runner looking to make the british squad  :D

Geoff

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Alby

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:44 am »
many years ago I was involved in a car crash, turning right and this idiot ploughed into the back of me, hitting me with such force I ended up on top of a wall 20 yards away, I was unhurt, the other driver drove off despite witnesses trying to stop him.
Someone followed him, turned out he was a bouncer in a pub not far away, Police went to the bar but could not find him or the car. but got his name and address. A few days later i went to the pub in question looking for him to get his insurance details, which he gave me along side a couple of threats of violence. I don't know why i did it but i had a camera in my car and took a couple of photos of him and his motley crew giving me hand jesters.
His details I passed onto my insurance company.
Anyway as I said I was unhurt but the car was a right off. Eventually got paid out. thought the matter was closed.

A few months later went to renew my insurance and the premium was sky high, when i calmed down they explained it was because i lost my no claims bonus, because he was claiming off me saying the accident was my fault, and based on his claim they were going to pay out. because it was cheaper than going to court.
i was on the phone to head office every day pleading with someone to listen, eventually i said well if you are just going to pay out because its cheaper then you should give me back my no claims.
Because of my persistence, they decided to defend the claim. on the court papers he was claiming neck and back injuries loss of earnings and he was a karate expert and could not compete. Total cost of the claim £5,000
Anyway gets to court he was there and all my witnesses turned up, and just before we went into the court room i handed a photo of him and his motley crew giving me hand jesters to the insurance company barrister.
on the strength of that photo which showed he was at work a few days after the crash, and not bed bound in pain and could not work, his barrister refused to take the case into court, so the case was dropped there and then. But it should never have got that far.
You would think the insurance company would of been grateful, but no they weren't it took another 12 months to get my bonus back and refund, and not so much as a thank you for saving them £5000 plus whatever legal cost would of been added. 
So i implore everyone if there's an accident whether someone has tripped or car accident TAKE PICS, we all have cameras now on our phones so use them.

Apologies for this being long winded.