Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Kelly

Re: what do you use in your tank?
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:43 am »
Mike some cheap chemicals which used to be pushed by valeting suppliers about 20 years ago did not crystalise and did leave sticky residues and also burnt your fingers, thankfully those products have gone now. The products now available to carpet cleaners from the pto companies like Prochem and Chemspec have had millions of dollars spent on development and testing which is constantly ongoing. Colloidals which Tadgh is pushing actually dry to a gooey residue as opposed to a crystal. However as with any product there is so little of it in the cleaning solution and most of that is extracted that re-soiling is not an issue. Re-soiling did used to be a problem mainly due to inferior products and cleaners who went glug glug glug instead of measuring out. And we still have one clown up here, I'm lead to believe still uses Daz.

from edge2edge

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 09:11:47 am »
Daz......,,.burger me .........the cost of chemicals is so low that is just brainless.....Alan

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 09:24:49 am »
Mike some cheap chemicals which used to be pushed by valeting suppliers about 20 years ago did not crystalise and did leave sticky residues and also burnt your fingers, thankfully those products have gone now. The products now available to carpet cleaners from the pto companies like Prochem and Chemspec have had millions of dollars spent on development and testing which is constantly ongoing. Colloidals which Tadgh is pushing actually dry to a gooey residue as opposed to a crystal. However as with any product there is so little of it in the cleaning solution and most of that is extracted that re-soiling is not an issue. Re-soiling did used to be a problem mainly due to inferior products and cleaners who went glug glug glug instead of measuring out. And we still have one clown up here, I'm lead to believe still uses Daz.
John, there are many other technologies which are far safer to use on surfaces and produced by manufacturers who really do care, i have found from my years of experience in dealing with products from manufacturers even the two you mentioned above and many others with them that they don't care really its all about their bottom line, they are still producing old school technology/products which are harsh and aggressive but hey look they have been getting away with this for years. thankfully today there are manufacturers who produce much safer cleaning technologies and that do actually care, and no John i am not just talking about micelles technology there are also many others.

john martin

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2015, 11:25:56 am »

Tadgh , can u not be specific  , list the  ' new technologies ' tell us whats new about them , who the caring manufacturers are .
And just take one product u consider ' old school '  how about F90 powder , and tell us what ingredient is ' harsh ' and likely to ' damage surfaces '

Many of the ingredients are petty basic chemicals , something sodium carbonate ... how can it be 'old technology 'or '  'new technology ' ... its not a technology its just sodium carbonate ?

No vague answer please  :D

John Kelly

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 02:13:18 pm »
Tadgh, I think its you that's being daft now making statements like that. Prochem spent 10 million dollars producing Microsan. Do you think they did that just to improve their bottom line, I doubt it somehow. I think you've been sucked into some of this balls that is talked about certain products and companies trying to re-invent the wheel.

stuart_clark

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2015, 04:48:06 pm »
John

now who's being vague ?  Just say Solutions ! Lol

Stuart

gwrightson

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2015, 04:55:59 pm »
Daz......,,.burger me .........the cost of chemicals is so low that is just brainless.....Alan

;D ;D ;D

I just knew somebody would bite ::)roll   

Going fishing now

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

John Kelly

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2015, 05:10:30 pm »
No wasn't a pop at Solutions. Don't know where Tadgh gets his products from, he's a supplier as well.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2015, 06:03:15 pm »
But what is 'old skool'? How do we define it?

It's nice to have a debate about cleaning products with out a slanging match, company names are mention because they stand behind their beliefs but it doesn't have to be personal Tadgh is demonstrating his knowledge as is John this is the way I like to read it so please carry on.

Moderators hat off now and well done guys.

Shaun

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 07:40:55 pm »
I think most guys know what I mean about old school technologies, yes I used them for over 20 years , from my experience I found many of them to be harsh and aggressive, I was always open and receptive to looking at new technologies as long as they were considered safe, I lost trust wth the major brand manufacturers a long time ago for obvious reasons, I  come across many companies who claim their cleaning solutions are safe but from experience and testing their products many are just trying to jump on the green revolution, there are some  very safe and effective cleaning technologies available today which I would class as new school technology, I have taken the time and been open and receptive  to trying them out some very disappointing  and others I have found to be game changing, I am not going to try and push my findings but would suggest to others be more open to change as there are incredible advances happening not just for our industry but in all industries.

john martin

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »
I think most guys know what I mean about old school technologies, yes I used them for over 20 years , from my experience I found many of them to be harsh and aggressive, I was always open and receptive to looking at new technologies as long as they were considered safe, I lost trust wth the major brand manufacturers a long time ago for obvious reasons, I  come across many companies who claim their cleaning solutions are safe but from experience and testing their products many are just trying to jump on the green revolution, there are some  very safe and effective cleaning technologies available today which I would class as new school technology, I have taken the time and been open and receptive  to trying them out some very disappointing  and others I have found to be game changing, I am not going to try and push my findings but would suggest to others be more open to change as there are incredible advances happening not just for our industry but in all industries.

I dont think they do ..    name three new school products based on differing technologies and explain how they differ from ' old school  'products ???

stuart_clark

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2015, 07:56:48 pm »
Who cares ? As long as they clean carpets and our customers are happy  ;D

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »
I think most guys know what I mean about old school technologies, yes I used them for over 20 years , from my experience I found many of them to be harsh and aggressive, I was always open and receptive to looking at new technologies as long as they were considered safe, I lost trust wth the major brand manufacturers a long time ago for obvious reasons, I  come across many companies who claim their cleaning solutions are safe but from experience and testing their products many are just trying to jump on the green revolution, there are some  very safe and effective cleaning technologies available today which I would class as new school technology, I have taken the time and been open and receptive  to trying them out some very disappointing  and others I have found to be game changing, I am not going to try and push my findings but would suggest to others be more open to change as there are incredible advances happening not just for our industry but in all industries.

I dont think they do ..    name three new school products based on differing technologies and explain how they differ from ' old school  'products ???
John, I have spent many years doing my homework on this and will continue , I trust my judgement on these new breakthroughs, all i can say without giving you my hard earned findings is don't be afraid change dose not hurt.

john martin

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 08:19:45 pm »

Tadgh , if you avoid questions with answers like that  then i have to conclude you have not got a clue what your talking about .

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 08:33:55 pm »

Tadgh , if you avoid questions with answers like that  then i have to conclude you have not got a clue what your talking about .
ok John, I don't have a problem with your conclusion.

John Kelly

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2015, 10:14:10 pm »
I like to think I keep abreast of whats happening in the industry for both cleaning and restoration products. I have to say I have not seen any ground breaking advances recently. Colloidal products were invented in 1938 so they are hardly new. Please enlighten us.

James Jacob

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2015, 10:23:33 pm »
Tadgh, Hi there... :)
I think what people are trying to say is Something like this example :- If you have found a new religion & you truly believe in it... then feel free to Preach & Teach :) Dont keep it to yourself as thats Boring...
If youve done lots of research then answering some of those "Prove it" questions will be easy for you surely :)
I am curious what personal experience you had to make you come to the conclusion to stop using the "Harsh Chemicals"? Did something happen on a job?
Genuine question :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2015, 11:03:59 pm »
I like to think I keep abreast of whats happening in the industry for both cleaning and restoration products. I have to say I have not seen any ground breaking advances recently. Colloidal products were invented in 1938 so they are hardly new. Please enlighten us.
John yes micelles technology has been around for many years now, we have been looking at three other types of technology which from my experience are far more advanced, as a supplier you will know before you start to promote a new technology you have to have all your I s dotted and your T s crossed when we finish our long drawn out trials I will be happy to share more information, I am not expecting anyone to wait for my lead but I would suggest for guys to be more open as change is coming to our industry and John I am not trying to be smart in saying that is coming from someone who is keeping abreast of what is coming down the line.

James Jacob

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2015, 11:48:35 pm »
So what are you saying?... Are you saying that the new Technologies that your testing will produce "Better" Results than the "Harsh Alkaline Detergents"?
Or will the results be just as good... just "Greener/Safer" ? :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2015, 12:11:17 am »
So what are you saying?... Are you saying that the new Technologies that your testing will produce "Better" Results than the "Harsh Alkaline Detergents"?
Or will the results be just as good... just "Greener/Safer" ? :)

James, harsh alkaline detergents are excellent for removing soils and dirt, new school technologies are also excellent at removing soils and dirt, the difference being that they are not harsh and aggressive like old school technologies, if you get my drift and the reason I have stayed clear of using high alkaline  based detergents for many years now.