Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stracey

£48 owed, won't pay
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:15:44 pm »
Is it worth going to the small claims court for £48 owed? Anybody got experience of this? Or do I just let it go.  :-\

Fin Clearview

Re: £48 owed, won't pay
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:21:23 pm »
It'll cost you £25 to issue a summons to find out. Call their bluff, i did recently and got my chq for £200 shortly after the summons landed on their doorstep. The only one I've had to do ever thank god.

stracey

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »
Called their bluff, no result, how did you go about it?

Fin Clearview

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 04:43:24 pm »
https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online

You'll need there full name and address and your £25 payment. I gave my messer a text to say the summons was going to be issued in 7 days prior to me filling the form out above. This might save you the £25 or it may not but its worth a try.

slap bash

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 04:45:26 pm »
Send them three letters of warning to pursue them in court with costs and by the third they always paid. As soon as they see you mean business they pay up. I also had 3 pound per month late payment admin fee on the invoice. This added up to quite a bit.His 25 quid came to 75 pound by the time he paid.I will not write off debt.

shina

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 04:54:09 pm »
Let it go. I was owed £350 and knew that even if I took to court I wouldnt get paid as the custy had a lot of people after him. He had been a good custy for nearly 20 years and paid me even when he never paid other trades.
£48.00 I wouldnt worry about

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »
Send a £2 debt collectors letter

NWH

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 05:18:24 pm »
Put the dirt back on em lol

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:39 pm »
Never let them get away with it.  Principle at stake, and will make them think twice when moving to his next victim.

Let them know that you are selling the debt on to a recovery company and this will happen on ??/??/2015  and this will also incur a handling charge of £60 if the bill remains unpaid by this date.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 05:38:44 pm »
Put the dirt back on em lol

agree,  i would. sounds childish but they deserve it. learn from it, set a clean limit and dont go above it, if im not payed the 2nd time i wont clean it a 3rd until payment is made
when life throws you water, clean windows

David lingard

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »
Send a £2 debt collectors letter

agree, + 3 x invoices then write off and forget.

trippyboy

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 06:53:26 pm »
Actually today I managed to get £20 out of a customer who had been ducking me since last summer with no intention of paying.
Despite several invoices, several visits face to face and plenty of promises to pay I never received a bean.
Today I managed to catch her, again it was blah blah blah, after the third blah I chipped in and said I would now give her 7 days in which  to pay the full amount otherwise it would be passed over to , lets say mickey mouse debt agency. And that once it was passed over to them then it was out of my hands.
With this she got in her car drove to the bank and was back in a flash with a score whilst I was still cleaning next door.
She never once apoligised but did mention she and her partner were finding it tough and were being chased left right and centre by other debt agencies , she has my sympathy there as I in the past have been there , but what I cant understand is why the heck did she ask me to clean her windows every two months back in the summer, knowing that they were up the creek without a paddle financially?
I too have gas elec, mortgage, insurance, income tax food etc etc etc to pay.
Rant over lol

LWC

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 07:22:19 pm »
Im currently owed a couple of cleans by 4 customers, it is bugging me but i think i am going to have to let them go. I dont think they have any intentions of paying, even after texts, emails and calls.

Its not even about the money to me now, its the fact that they think its fine to just not pay. Really does wind me up. Ive been pretty lucky in my time of window cleaning and not had many messers. I guess cleaning a lot more houses these days so i will come into more problems.  ::)roll

Bart Olin

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 07:24:27 pm »
leave it a few weeks then ram bamboo into her door lock
bartmyarse

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 07:53:56 pm »
Im currently owed a couple of cleans by 4 customers, it is bugging me but i think i am going to have to let them go. I dont think they have any intentions of paying, even after texts, emails and calls.

Its not even about the money to me now, its the fact that they think its fine to just not pay. Really does wind me up. Ive been pretty lucky in my time of window cleaning and not had many messers. I guess cleaning a lot more houses these days so i will come into more problems.  ::)roll

Thats why i gave you my letter, you big gay bear.

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 08:19:50 pm »
leave it a few weeks then ram bamboo into her door lock

That'll make her eyes water.

LWC

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »

Thats why i gave you my letter, you big gay bear.

Worked on 1 of them lol. Not heard anything off others. It is good tho  ;)

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 09:40:10 pm »
pull up on their drive, fill the back of your van with plant pots, paving slabs, roll the lawn up, garden gnome, bird table, fence panel, take it all to the local dump, go to bed smiling lol
when life throws you water, clean windows

Plankton

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:28 pm »
pull up on their drive, fill the back of your van with plant pots, paving slabs, roll the lawn up, garden gnome, bird table, fence panel, take it all to the local dump, go to bed smiling lol
like it :D

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 12:24:59 am »
Egg their locks and a sliver of bamboo all over their windows.
Sorted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐