Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpet Master

Why invest £'s when p's will do!
« on: January 25, 2015, 10:24:00 pm »
This guy has a simplistic view on carpet cleaning. He is always very busy. Only uses Powerburst and rinses off with clear water. His machine cost £700 which he renews every year.

https://www.facebook.com/BurtonandSons2013

Why invest £'s when pennies will do....

mr muzzy

Re: Why invest £'s when p's will do!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:39:57 pm »
he must be on hours cleaning with that thing , >:(

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 11:20:55 pm »
"Some other companies keep stating that you get what you pay for . At Burton and Sons we like to prove them wrong. Just because they charge stupid amounts of money it does not mean they do a better job and that's a fact , I have been informed from a great many customers that our work is just as good and often better than our over charging competitors ! I think it's probably a case of sour grapes. They seem jealous because we are always busy. Long may it continue !! All Of The Quality For Half Of The Price !!"

Let him crack on.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:07 am »
"Some other companies keep stating that you get what you pay for . At Burton and Sons we like to prove them wrong. Just because they charge stupid amounts of money it does not mean they do a better job and that's a fact , I have been informed from a great many customers that our work is just as good and often better than our over charging competitors ! I think it's probably a case of sour grapes. They seem jealous because we are always busy. Long may it continue !! All Of The Quality For Half Of The Price !!"
Let him crack on.

Well I'm certainly jealous, I wish I could be busy cleaning full 3 bed houses for £65 or even through lounges at £30 ::)roll ::)roll.

But From his photos he gets good results so good luck to him, there's many ways to earn a living in this game.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:06:47 pm »
And he gets a minging Carpet Dry in an hour

I could speed up if i did one pass and the Carpet became Clean

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:21:45 pm »
he must be feeling the pinch though, all his prices have gone up for 2015! £3 more now for a 2 bed house!

Carpet Master

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 07:02:14 pm »
he must be feeling the pinch though, all his prices have gone up for 2015! £3 more now for a 2 bed house!

Probably, but he is also advertising for more staff. He earns more than you think with low operating costs. Who's the smart one, him or you?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 07:07:11 pm »
How do you know what he earns or the size of his operating cost?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Carpet Master

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 07:10:13 pm »

Because I've inboxed him on facebook and asked about his business model, also reading nearly all of his and his customer's posts you get a good idea what he's up to.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 07:40:30 pm »
with over 3.6k likes he may have very good income.

C o z y

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:13:36 pm »
Likes mean nothing really. I've got over 1500 on our German Facebook, and they were in on the first week. There are ways of doing that for free. However, pretty impressive pics on there, and loving the equipment  :D I've liked the page, and want to watch how he goes. His prices make me glad I don't live in UK though.  :o

Good luck to the guy.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 08:17:16 pm »
he isnt VAT registered so if he has staff he isnt earning alot in a legitimate way without being VAT registered cos with staff and big takings equals VAT threshold

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 08:19:52 pm »
that actually true with likes, you can buy them

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:37 pm »
if you see his website he has false pictures - those pictures are done with a 'proper' wand, not the plastic one he has

also he says he steam cleans - but as far as i am aware that machine has not heat so can't acheive high temps

seems like some of you are being falsely tempted into the cheapo route - surprising what false marketing can achieve even when marketed to an 'educated' audience

C o z y

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 08:23:37 pm »
that actually true with likes, you can buy them

Yes, if you want to throw money at it. Mine were free though.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 08:49:47 pm »
would prefer to invest 50 euros in marketing to get 100 euro job then facebook and work for 50 euros for the same job as my 100 euro customer next time will give me clear 100 euros, the guy on facebook will have only 50 again.

C o z y

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »
Fair enough

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:19 pm »
wondering, are those guys (nearly every month somebody talks here about some cheapos) know that hundrets othere cc read about them :) ???

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 11:00:32 pm »
ok back to reality lads.

I don't know this guy and I don't care how many likes he has, but i can GUARANTEE you if he is charging them prices he'll not be making that much. He probably makes 600 - 800 (on a good week and he'll have to work like a dog for that) and thinks he's Richard Brandson.  

I'd love to see his face when he gets a van repair bill.

Going through his pics it looks like he's always cleaning cheap polys, no wonder he gets ok results with that heap of junk. My customers would send him packing if he introduced himself with that thing.

gwrightson

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 06:53:50 am »

This is the guy I mentioned a few months ago,
I was giving the customer a quote at her house, to which she replied She has a quote already and will come from Doncaster for to Hull for £20 to clean her lounge ::)roll  bearing in mind getting into Hull alone from just the outskirts can take an hour > yes I guess he is making plenty on that job.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha