This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dick

What's up Doc?
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:21:59 pm »
I don't really believe it. I have a phobia of being bitten by a dog, so I always ensure that the customer doesn't have one lurking around when going round the back, but today I was harrassed by a rabbit!! (a big un). Yes it made a dash for my legs when trying to site the ladder and wouldn't let me come down the ladder. I tried spraying it with cleaning solution but it was reluctant go back into it's hutch, luckily it eventually did and I made a hasty retreat. What made it worse was this was the fist day of wearing shorts now that Summer is here!

When talking to the customer about it she said " don't ever come in pink slippers as it has a thing about them". So it looks as if I'll have to wear shoes like everyone else. Pity, as I think pink slippers would look nice with shorts.

brett walker

Re: What's up Doc?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:51:24 pm »
Bit early for shorts 8)

i'll stick with the cans ;D

ive had this problems with rabbits, dogs and cats i find it worse when your putting flyers through doors and you feel dogs teeth on your fingers.  It makes your heart race

Brett

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:56:30 pm »
Dick,

Don't worry about getting bitten by dogs.

In three years of window cleaning, I've only been bitten three times; around once per year; the last time being about three weeks ago.

On two occassions I was bitten in front of the dogs 'master' who told me both times; 'don't worry, he won't bite'; then I was subsequently bitten.

Only once was blood drawn, the other two times just left me with a bruise.

So getting bitten by a dog isn't that bad; really.

beefy

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:12:14 pm »
not bad!!!! i got bitten last june by a collie when putting my hand through a fence to open a gate, broke my thumb & nail still hasnt grown back, when i told the old lady owner she was dead appologetic but as iwas walking off she gave it a big hug gave me a huge grin & said 'he can nip cant he' >:(

billozz

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:54 pm »
What made it worse was this was the fist day of wearing shorts now that Summer is here!

When talking to the customer about it she said " don't ever come in pink slippers as it has a thing about them". So it looks as if I'll have to wear shoes like everyone else. Pity, as I think pink slippers would look nice with shorts.

is this a late april fool....start of summer.....we have been soaked to the skin for the last 2 days.....dont ever come in pink slippers........personally i never wear pink slippers with shorts
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other