Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wfp master

Re: Gardiner's website
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2015, 10:34:30 pm »
Hopefully the feedback gets this taken down. It is not a website that speaks " quality " . It looks like a diy website, I would not put my name to it, the old site was better.

My pet hate with websites is incorrect prices, just put the vat on as its going to be added in the cart!!!!! #reallyannoying.

+1 put full price up. #rainbowcolouredwebsite

mufcglen

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
I agree why doesnt everyone not just gardiner put prices inc vat, we have to pay the vat anyway whether we claim it back or not!
The a must stand for athlete as that ehat the little yellow and black logo comes up as only iPhone book mark!
These comments all over other sites and facebook about people's dislikes, hope it gets improved, rather than shut the old site down why not build the new site get it spot on then change the web address over and make it go live when it's tried and tested?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2015, 10:47:27 pm »
Thanks for all of the feedback - all of it is listened to. We have a growing list of final tweaks needing doing which will make it less flashy in places and more static.

Unfortunately the old website and back office software was archaic and very, very basic. We had to make the difficult and expensive decision to start afresh. With a product option list of the complexity we have, this has meant a lot of work and there was always going to be tweaks needed once it was live and interacting with the real world.

My biggest frustration right now is that the home page sections are not clicking through and are looping back to the home page  ???

Ste M

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2015, 10:48:56 pm »
as I'm terrible at keeping records, yes i keep the receipts but this helps, i pay for all my equipment through paypal. was about to order a new pole an a spare section for my older sox but there is no paypal function, whens this going to be on the site Alex?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2015, 10:56:28 pm »
I agree why doesnt everyone not just gardiner put prices inc vat, we have to pay the vat anyway whether we claim it back or not!
The a must stand for athlete as that ehat the little yellow and black logo comes up as only iPhone book mark!
These comments all over other sites and facebook about people's dislikes, hope it gets improved, rather than shut the old site down why not build the new site get it spot on then change the web address over and make it go live when it's tried and tested?

Not as simple to switchover unfortunately  :(

We did want it fully resolved before going live and several of us had spent hundreds of hours at the computers over the break trying to achieve it. However a lot of the issues are coding issues which are not my department and only come to light when on the correct server and live.

The favicon issue is being sorted.

VAT - We have always shown our prices with VAT excluded.  This is fairly standard for 'business to business' websites such as ours . A lot of our clients are VAT registered which also influences our decision.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2015, 10:59:20 pm »
as I'm terrible at keeping records, yes i keep the receipts but this helps, i pay for all my equipment through paypal. was about to order a new pole an a spare section for my older sox but there is no paypal function, whens this going to be on the site Alex?

I hope tomorrow or Friday for the Paypal button.

The new system once you have registered will keep a record of all your previous orders and invoices in one convenient place. It also allows you to repeat previous orders or parts thereof.

You will also be able to see your tracking details and order progress through your account dashboard.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2015, 11:56:06 pm »
Terrible site.

That is all.

mufcglen

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2015, 12:01:10 am »
Cheers Alex hope you get the issues sorted as it stands I don't like the site myself whereas I used to like going on just to browse even If I wasn't buying!!
as it stands the exceed site is winning the best new designed website in my mind!
I just like clicking through the pictures rather than go down the drop down menu's.

lal

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2015, 07:24:24 am »

Hi Alex, just tried your new site again this morning and is working way better now, I think its a great site and
 very fast, once you have it fully tweaked and all the issues ironed out, it will have been worth all the hard work.

Best regards
 Lal

supernova77

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2015, 07:44:42 am »
Terrible site.

That is all.

That's very constructive  ::)roll

The site looks good to me... People just don't like change, or are slow at getting used to change.

Andy

Neil Gornall

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2015, 07:59:41 am »
Terrible site.

That is all.

That's very constructive  ::)roll

The site looks good to me... People just don't like change, or are slow at getting used to change.

Andy
Nothing wrong with change, I am all for it.

But it helps if its change for the better and it does what its meant to. If it detracts from the product and puts the majority of your customers off then its not a good move.
I hope it can get fixed quickly as I am a loyal Gardiners customer and have money to spend in the next few days.

supernova77

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2015, 08:01:56 am »
Nothing wrong with change, I am all for it.

But it helps if its change for the better and it does what its meant to. If it detracts from the product and puts the majority of your customers off then its not a good move.
I hope it can get fixed quickly as I am a loyal Gardiners customer and have money to spend in the next few days.

I've had a look at the site and all products are easy to find - I'm not sure what would stop anyone spending money on their products and deciding to buy elsewhere?

Andy

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 08:03:27 am »
Does anyone know what could be preventing me from opening the new website.

I keep getting the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page.

Nick

Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Bay View WCS

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2015, 08:03:56 am »

VAT - We have always shown our prices with VAT excluded.  This is fairly standard for 'business to business' websites such as ours . A lot of our clients are VAT registered which also influences our decision.

I would have thought that the deciding factor would be what percentage of your clients are actually VAT registered; have you taken a survey? Because you may be making the (frequently made) mistake of doing something because it is viewed as 'fairly standard' when you are, in fact, not serving the majority of your customers.

Just a thought

Cheers, Tom

Dave Willis

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2015, 08:06:22 am »
Does anyone know what could be preventing me from opening the new website.

I keep getting the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" page.

Nick

You need to click on your refresh button.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2015, 08:08:41 am »
Thanks Dave!

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Dave Willis

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2015, 08:13:45 am »
................ and then put your sunglasses on. I think anyone who suffers from epilepsy should look away.

JackieW

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:52 am »
I always thought the old site was one of the selling points of gardiners. Simple honest and straightforward.

The new one is very garish. The home page on my chrome is a busy mess.

The rest of the site is very flashy.

Best wishes with tweaking it though

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2015, 11:34:30 am »
I don't like this new site as it is currently :(

for me the user experience is not good, with the pictures zooming in, menus flashing up, far too busy for me...

it reminds me of a 1990's website where people were trying to be flash and clever. modern sites tend to be stripped back and clear to navigate IMHO

hope in the testing period you can sort a lot of this out tho
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

robbo333

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:07 am »
Personally, I'm not a fan of the new website, but then it's not my business so I don't really care!
However, I think it is a shame that the look and feel of the new site does not reflect the high standards of quality and customer care that I have always received from Gardiners.
PS the typeface is shocking and I can't even read the text on one page. That's not bad design, that's simply wrong!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"