Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

georgy

What's a test clean?
« on: April 19, 2006, 01:32:05 pm »
I started my first permanent contract in central London 4 months ago - loads of sleepless nights in the process- trawling through 100's of 'clean it up' forum pages- thanks guys i couldn't have done it without you all. :D

Just when i thought it was safe to sleep again, a restaurant owner is asking me for a test clean- what is this test clean business? ???
& more importantly do I charge him for it?

I thought this stuff was all quote 'n go!

any more help would be much appreciated.

Eureka Ventures

Re: What's a test clean?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:35:40 pm »
Georgy

Better chance of getting an input from the guys on the General Cleaning forum, me thinks.

Freddie
A consistently good service

Lavinia

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:09:08 pm »
A test clean is where your client wants you to clean an area for free to see how good you are. he wont expect to pay so be careful. my advice would be to try and clean half of the dirtiest area, leaving the other half dirty that way he will need his carpets cleaned more than ever as this will hi-light just how dirty his carpets are. good luck

stains-away

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:01:08 pm »
Georgy,I would try to find an area thats very dirty and in a highly visible position, explain to the restraunt owner that you will do a few metres so that he can see the standard of your work, when hes got a clean patch sticking out like a sore thumb thats going to be seen by everyone that goes in there hes more likely to get the job done,Andy

georgy

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:51:54 pm »
Thank you all very much- i was totally lost, although i am a 'newbie' avoiding looking like one at all costs is the main objective!

cheers
the best to all your businesses.