This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jakey boy

Re: Three story WFP cleaning height advice?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 07:14:48 pm »
22' phoenix pole in polarbrite around 110 quid with a 4ft extension 40 quid mate

They'd do you a deal if you went in there, that's for sure

scott james

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:02 pm »
Cheers guys, it does look a little beaten up.  Would you not consider this? I would rather go with experience hence I came here for some advice.

Its worth £150 with a kobold back pack trolley and ready to go.

Thank you everyone.

Ring Gardiner and polarbrite tomorrow for some quotes mate, polarbrite isn't far from you so you can pick up equipment from them easily enough, give them a call, Id be happy to go with you if you wanted as I live not far from them and know them well!

Cheers John, as said I need some advice to what is best to buy with £250ish in hand, I can buy pure water near me for now and then buy a RO set up. Great place to get some advice.  I realyl need the WFP set up as done my ankle in so ladder work harder plus I seem to have got a few 3 story jobs and quotes for others and there seems to be hundreded of 3 story places near me so a new market is to be had. Thanks again all, I am goign to pass up that pole and system in the pics, does look old and heavy and I think its one of those desperate purchases I need to avoid.

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:33 pm »
Don't forget a hydra alloy 25ft isn't 25ft long, Brodex measure their poles in reach length just another
way to con customers.
Wouldn't take that pole as a gift Scott.

You beat me to that one.

This is one,of the few things we agree,on Sean.  ;D

Scott.......DO NOT BUY THAT POLE.

Seriously, do as everyone's saying, buy yourself new kit and skip the agro of buying second hand.

Get a clx 27 and,you can use that for everything. It's a decent starter pole.

We've all been in the same boat, but we all now realise that if we could turn back the clock we would all buy good quality stuff straight away. Far less hassle, and cheaper in the long run as 6 months down the line you won't hate it and either give up, or spend out on more expensive stuff.

Beg borrow or steal (mayb not steal) the £500 ish quid you need, and get a good set up mate.

Stick with gardiners or facelift and you won't go wrong.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

SeanK

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 07:29:28 pm »
Scott don't know if they are a good backpack or not, just comparing to what your thinking of buying.
There's a Kobald backpack on fleebay new £82 delivered and CLX22 is £126+vat, you can always buy an extra
section to bring it up to a 27 footer if you need to later.

scott james

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 07:38:02 pm »
Fantastic adcive and so fast too, can not thank you enough.  I passed up buying that one, seems well odd now I think about it.

I have a budget of abotu £250 max as I brought all my trad stuff in and cloths, squeegees etc etc etc, belt set up as I will trad still bottoms to save water, its way I want to work and helps me while I build.  When I get going more and get enough customers I will get a van and build as I go.  

I thank ou Jakey for the advice on that trolley, £240 is a bit steep for me but thn thats it all bar the pole? or Dod you have to buy the hose etc and all the other parts.

Really push my luck here and anyone that cna get a pakage they no thats ready to go and just add pure for under £300 I would be happy.  I just wnat to buy correctly.

Thanks again everyone real advice form people that know the score can not beat it!!!!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 07:40:40 pm »

Jakey boy

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 07:54:39 pm »
Here you go Scott.
http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/SKU148.html

That's an option ^

Or as said if you ring polarbrite Craig will
Do you a deal, he'll knock the price down if he can for you mate

scott james

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 07:55:06 pm »
Here you go Scott.

Thats awsome, only thing is I need 25ft minimum as need to do 3 story work too, wonder if they do a 25ft one, or that back pack and everything to go but another pole at around a similar price, can go to £250 max for it all.

Feel like I am getting somehwere and glad eveyone put me off that one before. lol

Jakey boy

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 07:58:28 pm »
Here you go Scott.

Thats awsome, only thing is I need 25ft minimum as need to do 3 story work too, wonder if they do a 25ft one, or that back pack and everything to go but another pole at around a similar price, can go to £250 max for it all.

Find them

Feel like I am getting somehwere and glad eveyone put me off that one before. lol
[/quot

Ring them tomorrow scott, ask if for 250 they'll do a 25ft facelift pole

Jakey boy

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 07:59:12 pm »
Here you go Scott.

You'd be suprised how much leeway there can be if you ring them and barter a bit...

rosskesava

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »
For the trolley -  a few barrels from a car wash place, a cheap trolley from Maplins or similar, 12v pump from ebay (£20 or less), tubing from a plumbers or B & Q, etc, jubilee clips, a few bits of wood, bunge cords, cable ties, etc, 10amp 12v battery, some wire, a switch, etc, and make your own.

Most of the stuff needed can also be bought on ebay real cheap.

Total cost £120 or less and you can make it to suit your own needs or change it as needed.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 10:47:37 pm »
What i did about 2 months  ago was this

Trolley build (all ebay)
trolley sack wheel type - 20 squid
4 barrells - ebay 20 squid
pump - 15 squid
battery 12ah - 15 squid
hose 30m 5-8mm clear - 13 squid

Pole £30 at b&q
harris
tesco brush
few 5mm str8 connectors (for jets and to connect hose where needed)
plaggy inline tap

Cheap, but iot works,

I Admit though, a 22ft pole would be much better, 90% of work is fine with the harris, just the odd one where ive needed a 6ft extension, i used an old fishing pole section to extend the harris on the rare occasion

i will be buying a clx 22 and  a decent brush soon though

scott james

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 12:36:55 am »
Here you go Scott.

Yes mate, I am ringing them tomorrow, £200 and ready to go with that package, just need the 25ft so cna do the 3 story so will ask them I want the package but a 25ft pole and see what they can offer, can not be to much more I would assume. Even if £250 I think thats good as all new and a decent pole and I could have gone for that one I started off on here with...thank god I never pressed buy now on it and came here first.

Thanks  everyone, I will let you no whats said tomorrow.
All the best.

You'd be suprised how much leeway there can be if you ring them and barter a bit...

scott james

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 12:58:29 am »
22' phoenix pole in polarbrite around 110 quid with a 4ft extension 40 quid mate

They'd do you a deal if you went in there, that's for sure

Ah I see they do the extention of 4ft then, I will ask at WCW if they can add that in on the 22 phoenix pole that should do the job and they should sell that part. Nice one

Mike #1

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 07:03:53 am »
Spend wisely first otherwise you only end up spending double or even more later on , personally I would hang on and save some more money personally .