This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wrekin C S

Phoenix facelift any good?
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:18:10 pm »
Been checking out some vids on YouTube of these poles have seen a 22ft with 4ft extention,  im after a new pole looking at gardiner aswell but considering buying 2 one for me and my dad, so maybe one of each make?

Jakey boy

Re: Phoenix facelift any good?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »
Been checking out some vids on YouTube of these poles have seen a 22ft with 4ft extention,  im after a new pole looking at gardiner aswell but considering buying 2 one for me and my dad, so maybe one of each make?

This is a gardiner loving forum,

Some of us have phoenix carbon poles and highly rate them as well, they are very good! I have two, 18ft and 25ft, both lighter than gardiner poles of equivalent heights, and really rigid in use, good poles, the facelift brush is also really very good, lots of good feedback on them too.

I also own gardiner poles for the record

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 03:41:26 pm »
The Phoenix did have some issues in the early days with the little extension piece, and I'm not sure you can fit an aquadaptor or aquatap on the end.

Which ever you choose I'd buy 2 - there is no point in having different equipment that does not share common parts

Personally I use and like gardiners, good price, great quality, brilliant customer service, myself and the guys all have the slx 25 they range from 4 yrs old to 18 months, all are totally interchangeable for parts, extent ions, goosenecks etc..

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

This is a gardiner loving forum,

Some of us have phoenix carbon poles and highly rate them as well, they are very good! I have two, 18ft and 25ft, both lighter than gardiner poles of equivalent heights, and really rigid in use, good poles, the facelift brush is also really very good, lots of good feedback on them too.

I also own gardiner poles for the record

Each to their own  ;D

Just for clarity's sake, the Phoenix 25ft is not lighter than the equivalent 25ft Gardiner pole - it is actually heavier than the Gardiner 25ft.

Of course the 35ft SLX pole you have will feel a lot heavier than either of your shorter poles - its amazing how the dynamics of poles change once they go past 30ft.

Jakey boy

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 03:54:28 pm »
My 18ft phoenix is lighter than an slx18... 980g to 1050g

Yep your right the 25ft is marginally heavier, my mistake. I like
And trust your poles Alex, but I personally find the clamps easier on the facelift, a friend has 2 slx2 poles, one 18 and one 25 and I just find the facelift easier. However I purchased the 35ft from you because as I've always said I believe the quality of your poles to be superior, but I was very suprises at the bend and whip on it...

Alex feel free to send me an xtreme 35 for a trial of course... Show me what all the fuss is about  ;) for me price is important, I find the phoenix poles great for a good price, as I mentioned in another thread, is rather spend my money on holidays and the like...work to live not live to work etc

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 04:03:42 pm »
My 18ft phoenix is lighter than an slx18... 980g to 1050g

Yep your right the 25ft is marginally heavier, my mistake. I like
And trust your poles Alex, but I personally find the clamps easier on the facelift, a friend has 2 slx2 poles, one 18 and one 25 and I just find the facelift easier. However I purchased the 35ft from you because as I've always said I believe the quality of your poles to be superior, but I was very suprises at the bend and whip on it...

No problem just wanted to clarify the weight - of course this is all on 'published' weights which does rely on a similar set of scales being used.

I realize that clamp use is down to personal preference  :) (although a lateral action clamp has less chance of RSI later in life due to the more natural action on the wrist/elbow).

You have mentioned the whip on the 35ft pole previously hence my above comment. We have found that the whole dynamics of poles and sections change when you exceed about the 30ft mark and again after about 45ft. Materials that feel incredibly rigid at about 25ft seem to be very different an extra 10ft higher.

Jakey boy

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 04:08:33 pm »
Yeah I understand that is of course a problem all pole manufacturers have with height, Its the massive support you have on here that persuaded me to part cash wih you rather than facelift on the 35ft. I had high expectations on rigidity, and was genuinely suprised how bendy it was, I use it for commercial work, and also ordered the 45cm super lite brush, but found that it was too heavy for the slx, had to revert to the standard super lite,

Now if your xtremes were cheaper, I'd buy one, but they are very pricy! I'd rather go on a nice holiday with the wife...

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 04:17:50 pm »
Yeah I understand that is of course a problem all pole manufacturers have with height, Its the massive support you have on here that persuaded me to part cash wih you rather than facelift on the 35ft. I had high expectations on rigidity, and was genuinely suprised how bendy it was, I use it for commercial work, and also ordered the 45cm super lite brush, but found that it was too heavy for the slx, had to revert to the standard super lite,

Now if your xtremes were cheaper, I'd buy one, but they are very pricy! I'd rather go on a nice holiday with the wife...

Here's an offer for you  :) If you want to try out a 35ft Phoenix pole and find it measurably more rigid than the 35ft SLX then I will happily offer you your money back. Drop me an email and I can sort out the details of this with you.

Practically speaking with any standard carbon pole of 35ft plus height, one way to make it handle better is to not fully extend each section, perhaps sliding it back in just a couple of inches on each section. Makes quite a difference if you do not need the full height.

Jakey boy

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
Yeah I don't over extend it for that reason, im humble enough to admit defeat Alex, howevee I won't be buying abother 35ft pole for the sake of a test, but if I do I'll
Be in touch!

Interesting you say about the clamps and long term injury, however my technique for releasing the clamps is left hand thumb flipping the lever in a lateral way on the phoenix poles, which feels very natural, and easy.

I've got another offer, I'll eat my shorts if you send me an xtreme, if it's as good as people say, I'll sell phoenix my poles within 24 hours...

I did like the free hat and pen though Alex, it was well packaged, the wife told me not to wear the hat though... Apparabtly wearing a hat that says 'gardiner' on it when your window cleaning looks a bit odd lol

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »
Yeah I don't over extend it for that reason, im humble enough to admit defeat Alex, howevee I won't be buying abother 35ft pole for the sake of a test, but if I do I'll
Be in touch!

Interesting you say about the clamps and long term injury, however my technique for releasing the clamps is left hand thumb flipping the lever in a lateral way on the phoenix poles, which feels very natural, and easy.

I've got another offer, I'll eat my shorts if you send me an xtreme, if it's as good as people say, I'll sell phoenix my poles within 24 hours...

I didn't mean go and buy one! I thought maybe you might have a friend with one you could compare.

You will have to send me a video of the action you use on the clamps. It is interesting the different techniques used - my dad is left handed (hence uses his right thumb to quickly flick the levers open and closed)

As to eating shorts - probably wouldn't do you a lot of good in the long run  ;D

Jakey boy

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »
I'll send you a video Alex... What's your email?  I'm sure I'll find a 35ft phoenix to use, but I'm also sure it will bend a lot as well...

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 04:37:46 pm »
Phoenix clamps are the easiest to use.
They are for right and left handed people,
Just they tend to wear quick.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 04:41:36 pm »
I'll send you a video Alex... What's your email?  I'm sure I'll find a 35ft phoenix to use, but I'm also sure it will bend a lot as well...

Here it is alex@agardiner.co.uk  :)

Jakey boy

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 04:48:32 pm »
Video is too long! Won't let me email, how else can I send it...

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 04:50:05 pm »
When the Pheonix poles first came out I was initially quite interested in them that was until they released a video.

First off the top section was for 'occasional use' then they were advising you could get more reach by extending the sections past all the extended marks on the pole.  ???

Quickly lost interest after that.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 04:50:35 pm »
Video is too long! Won't let me email, how else can I send it...

You could pop it in a dropbox and link it to me.

If you send me an email I will create a folder for you to copy it in to.

Jakey boy

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 04:58:36 pm »
Video will be with you shortly Alex, I've shoved it on YouTube till you've seen it

Jakey boy

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 05:01:08 pm »
Check emails alex

Jakey boy

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 05:05:07 pm »
When the Pheonix poles first came out I was initially quite interested in them that was until they released a video.

First off the top section was for 'occasional use' then they were advising you could get more reach by extending the sections past all the extended marks on the pole.  ???

Dave you don't use the top section unless you purposly buy it, I don't own it and have two facelift poles, it's an accessory for extra reach should you wish to use it.

ChumBucket

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 05:07:52 pm »

I quickly lost interest when I found out Stephen Fox was involved!! ;D It's just WCW who bought the rights to Facelift poles!