Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonboywalton75

Re: Lost one today
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:30 pm »
I have a block of 15 flats
1.5 hours work, on my own:- £110.00
Will I get the sack soon???  :o

depends if I can find out which ones they are   ;D

Stay away or I'll break your legs ;D

NWH

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 10:47:53 pm »
Not at all it seems these days it's got a lot of people on here still asking very basic questions about earnings and simple things like what's the best hot water system,for goodness sake it's all been said and argued about countless times it's ridiculous to say the least. You have people on here still saying for example £100 a day he must be a complete idiot you can't do that that bloke hasn't a clue what he's on about its pathetic to be honest,some threads on here are the same as they were about 5 years ago

Ian101

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:06 pm »
I have a block of 15 flats
1.5 hours work, on my own:- £110.00
Will I get the sack soon???  :o

depends if I can find out which ones they are   ;D

Stay away or I'll break your legs ;D

I will set Gav onto yer  :D

NWH

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 11:00:14 pm »
Terrible money window cleaning yeah 2 of you out doing more than most earn in a week in a daY each awful money. Need to think at least a little bit more positive really, but to say you can't earn good money cleaning windows you must have crap work or been in the game to long and got stuck in a rutt

Are you skint and wishing you weren't per chance?

NWH doesn't miss an opportunity to remind us how well he does, 99% of his post allude to it!! ::)roll Anyone would think he's trying to convince us of something? ;D

NWH

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 11:02:39 pm »
If i hear there's a round of council houses that need a WC Cumbucket I'll give em your number mate lol 📞📞📞

SeanK

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 11:36:42 pm »
Not at all it seems these days it's got a lot of people on here still asking very basic questions about earnings and simple things like what's the best hot water system,for goodness sake it's all been said and argued about countless times it's ridiculous to say the least. You have people on here still saying for example £100 a day he must be a complete idiot you can't do that that bloke hasn't a clue what he's on about its pathetic to be honest,some threads on here are the same as they were about 5 years ago

No they're not, there's a very good post on here about three nutty professor type windows cleaners who have invented a formula that makes glass slippy and shinny, turns people into super human speed freaks and it also stops water freezing.
Five years ago we could have only ever dreamed of such marvels. ;D

NWH

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 11:48:14 pm »
I've ordered some tonight lol

SeanK

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »
Just be careful once you start using it you lose the capability to clean using pure alone according to one
of the testimonials on the website.
That's how they get you. ;D

Caleb Morley

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 12:32:35 am »
For the last 5 years I have been cleaning a block consisting of 10 posh apartments. It took me and my son 2 hours and I charged £165.

Received an email this morning from the management company saying "due to budget restraints we have sourced another window cleaner".

I rang them and was told that they had sourced a national company who had quoted 40 percent less than my price.

Bad do!!!!!!!!!

I'm being honest here but if I was in charge of the budget & knew you two were done in two hours I'd be looking to get better value too. That's the risk you take, I'd do that for £120 any day. It is after all window cleaning.

How to never earn big money in this game - just keep thinking this: "it is after all just window cleaning"

Yep, he's lost the job, not me buddy. ;)

He's lost the job but you're keeping the low earning customers.....it's only window cleaning remember.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2014, 12:36:07 am »

Commercial is more consistent though as they wont turn you away or lock the gates when they should be open or turn you away in bad weather 

If that's happening to you then you haven't trained you're residential customers to do what you want. If they don't want play ball f*** em off.

Dave Willis

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 07:54:58 am »
£30 - £40 an hour is fine for me - I'd have taken the job on. Picked one up the other day - commercial management company wanted a cheaper quote - just quoted what I was happy with and took the job. It's business.

Every Tom Dick and Harry has a wfp system these days so prices will probably level off as time goes by.

ChumBucket

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 08:09:16 am »
£30 - £40 an hour is fine for me - I'd have taken the job on. Picked one up the other day - commercial management company wanted a cheaper quote - just quoted what I was happy with and took the job. It's business.

Every Tom Dick and Harry has a wfp system these days so prices will probably level off as time goes by.

Yep & most would do the same.

Th OP lost a really cushy monthly job, priced well enough for the client to go looking elsewhere. What would have been the level to prevent the client doing this? £145 maybe? So, IMO the balance was wrong here. Obviously makes no difference if the OP doesn't mind losing the work but seeing as though he's grieved enough to post it on here I reckon he slightly peeved.
It is after all- window cleaning, an unregulated, none essential industry that requires zero qualifications, little skill & not much capital to get in to. ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 08:45:05 am »
The block of apartments I was referring to  is pretty well to do,  they have had a bad experience with the last shiner.
I have no idea what he charged but I know the residents get an input into all work carried out.
I got the job because I did 3 jobs on their guttering,  turned up when I said I would and hence built up a good relationship with residents and management company
I am not nieve  about commercial but in my experience if people like you,  you are on a winner.
I have pubs,  motels etc that keep me on because I am reliable.
I don't know why they like me though,  I drive everyone else mad,  ha ha.

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:14 am »
Terrible money window cleaning yeah 2 of you out doing more than most earn in a week in a daY each awful money. Need to think at least a little bit more positive really, but to say you can't earn good money cleaning windows you must have crap work or been in the game to long and got stuck in a rutt

Are you skint and wishing you weren't per chance?

NWH doesn't miss an opportunity to remind us how well he does, 99% of his post allude to it!! ::)roll Anyone would think he's trying to convince us of something? ;D

Or trying to convince himself? ;D