This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jinky230

issues about wfp
« on: April 14, 2006, 06:42:10 am »
guys doing houses yesterday 4 beroom houses which the  windows comsist of 12 small panes to make up the one window, front of house 2 windows about 14 feet 1 window recessed over garage, set back about another 4 feet.The windows at 18 feet were ok but when it came to the window above the garage had to add extra sections to take the pole to 30 feet then stand well out in the lawn to put the po;e up at 45 degrees to get this window.I found this very time consumming
the pole was heavy  and wippy as it was going out at an angle, also hard to control,I probably would have been quicker wiyh a ladder to jump on the roof and clean the window but had already told the cutomers that we were doing wfp to keep off roofs,what a delemma.

I think the wfp is ok for comercial and industrial but when it comes to domestic I think it is a mixture of mixing tradition with wfp for dangerous windows to get thru the day and still rattle up the numbers.

views on the above would be appreciated

was using an unger 30footer is there poles that are not as wippy

jinky

Alex Gardiner

Re: issues about wfp
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 07:36:48 am »
Yes!

We find that to handle all that this job throws at you, you need a selection of poles. A 30ft fibreglass pole would be a lot less whippy, and you could keep it on the roof of the car most of the time and pull it off when needed.

The idea of one modular pole to cover all your work sounds great but in practice is uaually a waste of time. If you value your speed and efficiency you will build up a selection of poles to cover all your specific work needs.

For my work I have the following selction of poles on my vehicle (for 2 workers)and yes I do use them all!

2x3ft
3x5ft (x2)
4x5ft (x2)
5x5ft
6x5ft
and a Carbon fibre 45ft pole

This way you can always use the optimum pole for the job. For the professional this is really the only way to go

Alex

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:25 am »
I use a powerpole it covers all my current needs. ;D

Archy136

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:30:55 am »
Your best options on this would be to go back on what you originally said and get onto the garage roof via a ladder and either trad that window or wfp it depending on high it is. Always get up on to a garage roof(unless the window is close to the edge and then you can pole it from the ground) so take that into consideration when pricing up and you'll be fine.

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 09:42:53 am »
yes many just use a ladder for access work to a flat garage / extension roof

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 11:36:14 am »
As Alex said , a pole for every job is the way to go , if you have the room that is !

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 12:06:21 pm »
I use a powerpole and it only takes a few seconds to add and remove sections and they are pretty rigid.

How you guys manage with an unger pole for WFP work i don't know.

I tried it and they bend like hell its ok if you don't have to get over anything but apart from that i think they are pretty rubbish because of the weight of the brush on top.
I don't think they were made for WFP work but to take an applicator and squeegie.

Paul

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »
How big is the tank you have their?

As Alex said , a pole for every job is the way to go , if you have the room that is !

Rich  P @ F

jinky230

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 01:05:26 pm »
guys where do you get the powerpoles from

I quite agree buying seperate poles for seperate jobs is the way to go but hay when you are holding the pole out at 45 degrees dont you find they get really heavy and uncontrolable

jinky

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 02:14:08 pm »
www.omnipole.com ;D ;D

i have seen them on sale elsewhere

they are not the cheapest pole you can get but they are good quality!!

sair

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 03:22:11 pm »
i find for jobs that require that angle the sill brush is an excellent head to have as its easier to direct and the jets sit on a better angle for rinsing
Essentially Pure Ltd

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 08:41:55 pm »
CALLUM , there are 2 tanks , a 250 L upright and 175 L upright , the 175 is raised to the same level , its sat on a cut down pallet .

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

craig jwc

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 09:43:24 pm »
My round is domestic and i only have 2 poles.

1 is an 18foot cheap domestic pole which i find quite light and the other is a 30foot professional with swan neck from gardinierpole

The only problem i have with the 30foot is i hold the pole between my legs when rincing (which i find easier to do) and where the water has run down the pole it looks like i've pee'd myself ;D

Craig

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 09:54:30 pm »
Alex, how you getting on with the new superlight fishing poles ?