This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Michael D

Burning george on CD
« on: April 12, 2006, 06:46:43 pm »
Hi all.
         I`ve been tring to back-up my george system on CD. But for some reason it will not burn can anyone one help. I must be doing somethink wrong. Rewriter works as my other services are backed-up   Michael D

JohnL

Re: Burning george on CD
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:03:02 pm »
maybe George is configured so it cannot be copied

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:39:10 pm »
have you tried talking to paul the email support on the website?

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 10:10:45 pm »
iv never used a cd i just back mine up to a usb flash drive daily and there online backup 2, you mite be better getting 1 of these as it jus takes seconds to do and as menny times as you want daily weekly monthly etc.

dave
Dave.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 11:20:01 pm »
i used to back up to Rw cd but even they are not guaranteed to store the backup properly.I use a 512mb memory card or flash card

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 01:09:31 am »
Wouldn't it be easier to put a back up on a floppy disk? You can fit loads onto one disk.

If you're worried in case that gets damaged, change just one date on George and do another back up onto a flash drive as written above.

Personally I back mine up onto a floppy disk and then copy that onto another disk so I always have two back ups.

When I get round to it I will pay the small cost and use Pauls internet back up.

Maybe look into doing that?

Also, you do not need to copy the entire progam, just the back up file.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 06:19:43 am »
I just use the internet back up, only costs £1/month, also back up to disk at year end and print off summary weekly and yearly