This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jamie Wiles

Cleaning insides
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:32:46 am »
Hi Guys,
I have an increasing number of customers asking me to clean the insides of thier windows, and I must admit this was something that I hadn't considered when I put together my wfp.
Should I just use the standard traditional method , detergent, applicator and squeegee or is there something different I should be using for insides?
As always, any help will be much appreciated
J
J

Sarah Sarill

Re: Cleaning insides
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:45:34 am »
We keep the tools we carry very simple.  A bottle of pure water to spray onto the windows and a blade and cloth.

We charge the same rate as outsides although there are any on here who charge more.

Sarah
Sarah

KJG

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 12:36:22 pm »
Leather and scrim. I always have/insist someone follow me around on house insides regardless of how chummy I am with them.

dish

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 02:27:54 pm »
Insides are great - just watch out for ornaments and clutter. 

Its better to get the customer to clear them out of the way so that you can work without worrying about breaking some family heirloom.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:37:57 pm »
watch out for lamps too i am always nearly breaking them  ;D

ronaldo

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 07:11:37 pm »
Very rarely do insides because of the hassell with furniture and plants etc etc but if we do we charge the same as we would do for the outsides and half again for the trouble of moving stuff.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Morph

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 07:22:22 pm »
I just price same as trad outside.  You gain a bit of time because no ladder work obviously, lose a bit of time because of moving stuff.  Equals out to me.
I now use pure water with a couple of drops of gg4 and a small squirt of fairy, just for slip really.  Works great. 
To some extent i really think it is about your preference, and what you get used to doing.  If you develop a method of your own you just get quick and good at that.
A good adage: Stick with what you know

simbag

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 07:37:51 pm »
I charge double  ;D

Had no complaints so far, generally people only ask because they really don't want to do them, and to be honest I'd prefer not to!

I always find it takes longer inside, always spend longer on each pane as find grease, food, hand prints, plus fly do do's, all over the windows. It might just be me, or are my customers just dirty beggars?  :-X

Simon

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 07:47:50 pm »
I just use the same as for outside I dont have the   applicator so wet though, and it has to be double the money, still dont like doing them though.
Sussex by the sea

craig jwc

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 01:10:40 am »
I use a spray bottle filled with pure water, one cloth damp cloth to clean and scrim to finish.

I use the damp cloth to do the window then go onto the next leaving the 1st one to dry. Once i have cleaned the 2nd window with the damp cloth i go back to the 1st and buff up with the scrim.

For an inside clean i normally charge 1.25 - 1.50 x whatever the price for the outside clean.

Hope that made sense

Craig

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 06:14:20 am »
Hate doing them so charge minimum 1.5 times outside price, sometimes double. 

It's a hassle, got to take off shoes, applicator not too wet, watch out for dribbles and splashes, careful with ornamennts, move net curtains, blinds, etc.  Then you always have a struggle reaching to top of the window above the kitchen sink!

We have quite a few who want this service but we try and only do it as infrequently as possible.

Saying that the lads have one to do today which we started last week and gave up on, its a beautiful new oak framed sun room, 12m x 5m with full glass on 3 sides.

However the problem is the builder has used something to seal the oak beams and they have splashed every window with the stuff.  I don't know what it is but it took over 1/2 hour to do one pane of glass last week with some solvent cleaner and 4" scraper!!  Gave up at that point.

I've now bought 4 bottles of Oilflo141 to see if that will shift it this week, I have re-quoted her £35/manhour plus chemical costs to do it, which she is quite happy with.  The normal outside clean before this sunroom was built is £120 every 8 weeks.