Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

P.Dale window cleaning solutions
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:32:08 pm »
Any one used Paul for gaining new customers ? How did it go?
Spit and polish

Don Kee

Re: P.Dale window cleaning solutions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:21:22 pm »
Very well

Good chap, got a decent amount of work...and when i had a few drop off he came down and replaced with no issues

Definitley recommend  :)

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:33:20 pm »
Don Kee what area you in , did paul get work that was well priced.
Spit and polish

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »
I've used him  twice before and will again he does a spot on job..

Jack Harris

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:32:41 pm »
Yeah pauls good mate

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 11:55:01 pm »
Used him in April. Can't fault him.

Work is spot on.

pdale

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:00:28 am »
Thanks guys. I've got space in January, February and March if anyone is interested.

Paul
Where am I knocking today?

Deangsi

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:37:56 am »
Hi mate how much do you charge for your canvassing service and what areas do you cover? Are you able to cover Shrewsbury area maybe oswestry and other surrounding areas

Deangsi

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:54 am »
Ah iv just seen your advert £100 deposit on a week. How much do you charge for new customers. Also might be hard to say but what's the average value you can get in a week. Just roughly speaking :)

pdale

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:09:08 am »
Hi Dean. I charge £1000 for £500 per month worth of work. I add £180 for my expenses if at distance, but Shrewsbury is local to me. I can get the £500 within one week of canvassing.

Deangsi

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 10:08:27 pm »
That's pretty impresive il defo have you in the new year :) cheers

pdale

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:55 pm »
That's pretty impresive il defo have you in the new year :) cheers

Thanks Dean. The new year is booking up fast, which generally happens when I open up my weeks for booking. I only have 3 weeks left available between January and March ... one week in January and two in February, March is looking like it's booked subject to deposits being paid.

If you'd like a week, I'd be more than happy to book you in. Probably best to send me an email or phone call on the links in my advert at the top of the window cleaning section which can be accessed clicking on my signature, rather than discuss through this thread.

Paul

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 06:36:08 am »
Deposit paid ,Look forward to working with you Paul .
Spit and polish

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 08:29:47 am »
Paul, will you quote to the client's prices or do you insist on your own prices. To be concrete, for a modern 3 bed semi new build - so 4 upstairs windows, 2 downstairs, front door and patio doors I would charge £16 on an 8 weekly. So would you agree the criteria for prices? Wizz biz was adamant that canvassing was essentially begging so it had to be "realistic".

Mr B shine

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 12:41:56 pm »
HA Damo...

I used P aul to build nearly a whole round, I would recomend him as I am happy with the job he did and continues to do.

TomSE

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:17 pm »
How do you guys deal with the situation when you turn up to clean, do the customers not find it a bit strange that the person who knocks isn't actually the person going to be cleaning them? Do you tend to knock before the first clean to introduce yourself? I ask not in a sceptical way but because I am very interested in using Pauls services as well.

Also have you guys who have gone down this route found it harder to make and keep a good relationship with the customer as I find alot of the time me pricing the job is the main opportunity to give a good impression and build trust/raport with them which I feel helps alot long term.

Tom

pdale

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 10:08:09 pm »
Quote from: 8weekly
Paul, will you quote to the client's prices or do you insist on your own prices. To be concrete, for a modern 3 bed semi new build - so 4 upstairs windows, 2 downstairs, front door and patio doors I would charge £16 on an 8 weekly. So would you agree the criteria for prices? Wizz biz was adamant that canvassing was essentially begging so it had to be "realistic".

Pricing is subjective depending on the area, but to answer your question we do agree on pricing, I generally spend an hour or so with the window cleaner driving to areas he wants canvassed and we make sure we are singing from the same hymn sheet price wise.  I generally get a feel on the phone, some window cleaners who have little experience in pricing can be too high, on the other hand some guys I have worked for price their jobs too low. It's in my interest to price the job for as much as I can get, but there is a fine line between getting as much as you can without pricing yourself out on the door. If I felt someone was unrealistic with their pricing I would say so. With reference to your own pricing, I don't target 8 weekly, but rather 4 or 6, if someone insists on 8 weekly then I'd have to charge 2x if that was what i was targeting, whereas at the moment I only charge 1x for any 8 weeklys that i pick up.

As for the begging comment you refer to, I have never viewed canvassing as begging, but I don't know what context or in reply Whizz said it, nor to what he was referring so can't really expand.

Quote from: TomSE
How do you guys deal with the situation when you turn up to clean, do the customers not find it a bit strange that the person who knocks isn't actually the person going to be cleaning them? Do you tend to knock before the first clean to introduce yourself? I ask not in a sceptical way but because I am very interested in using Pauls services as well.

Also have you guys who have gone down this route found it harder to make and keep a good relationship with the customer as I find alot of the time me pricing the job is the main opportunity to give a good impression and build trust/raport with them which I feel helps alot long term.

Tom

Hi Tom, I tell the customer your name and describe you. I have never had anyone find it strange so long as it's set up on the door correctly it shouldn't be a problem. For instance Mr B Shine who commented, I tell them a big ginger Scot called ***** will be cleaning their windows  ;D

Quote from: Mr B Shine
I used P aul to build nearly a whole round, I would recomend him as I am happy with the job he did and continues to do.

Welcome to cleanitup  :)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »
Paul sent you an email, deleted my comment as you told me before about "competition lol"

Have a look and let me know on it.

To the OP. You wont regret using P dale. 

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 09:39:50 am »
Hi Paul

Are you available next April?

pdale

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 06:27:23 pm »
Hi Sean

I'm not going to take bookings for April until the New Year. I can send you an email when I open the weeks up if you want?