This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Lickers

Re: whats everyones minimum price
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »
£800 according to GroundPig   ;D
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Tom-01

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 05:35:41 pm »
I agree with 8 weekly, its all in the head.
I charge what i think im worth, everyone off us are guilty some way or another for undercharging and leaving money on the table as the saying goes,
How many houses have we all gave a price to and the customer instantly says "yes please" well that customer may say "yes please" to another £2 or even £5 ontop of the quote we could all be £300/£500 a week better off if we chanced it with greater quotes!

£4 for a whole house?? Good grief what is the world coming to..
Ill use me as an example, i charge £10 for a terrace front which is my min charge and customers still jump at it which makes me wonder should i have charged £12 or even £15?? Just how much money am i actualy leaving on the table.
100 £10 customers is £1000 if i chanced it and charged £12 id have £1200 or chanced it even more at £15 id have £1500 thats an awful lot of money that i could be getting that im not.

£10 for a terrace front??? Either your customers are loaded or your living in dreamland.

We charge £4.00 for a terrace, Front & Back and earn a VERY good hourly rate doing them.

£10 for a front????? Jesus id be goin work in a bentley with a roofrack on!!!!!

Tom-01

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 05:45:05 pm »
I did say: '£4 for a whole house?? Good grief what is the world coming to..'

8weekly

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 06:02:44 pm »
I agree with 8 weekly, its all in the head.
I charge what i think im worth, everyone off us are guilty some way or another for undercharging and leaving money on the table as the saying goes,
How many houses have we all gave a price to and the customer instantly says "yes please" well that customer may say "yes please" to another £2 or even £5 ontop of the quote we could all be £300/£500 a week better off if we chanced it with greater quotes!

Ill use me as an example, i charge £10 for a terrace front which is my min charge and customers still jump at it which makes me wonder should i have charged £12 or even £15?? Just how much money am i actualy leaving on the table.
100 £10 customers is £1000 if i chanced it and charged £12 id have £1200 or chanced it even more at £15 id have £1500 thats an awful lot of money that i could be getting that im not.

£10 for a terrace front??? Either your customers are loaded or your living in dreamland.

We charge £4.00 for a terrace, Front & Back and earn a VERY good hourly rate doing them.

£10 for a front????? Jesus id be goin work in a bentley with a roofrack on!!!!!
Seriously?? Dazmond is in Manchester & I am pretty sure he wouldn't be cleaning a house for £4. Perhaps in 1970.

Mike #1

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 06:34:20 pm »
I know i am not under charging as i more expensive than other lads working the areas i work . Mick kent i belive is working areas were terraced houses could well be  valued at over £250,000 rather than £60,000 so his pricing for his work area is spot on .

capn sparkle

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 07:46:08 pm »
Apparently Mick Kent works in London where a shoe box can command £250,000 if it's bolted down with a postcode...

£10 fronts no problem there! (he mentioned in a previous post that maybe he's undercharging).

Think some of us 'down south' would be shocked by what our brethren up north consider a reasonable charge for our effort. Not all just some - Don't undervalue the service you provide.

sunshine windows

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2014, 08:05:19 pm »
I have the odd long standing customer at £7 front only. This is 1x 3 pane top, 1x3 pane bottom window and a door.

I don't take on any work now for less than £10 even if they're next door neighbours with a £7 job.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Mick Kent

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2014, 10:19:34 am »
I think im worth £10 to turn up and clean there front windows and being reliable to do it every 4 weeks.
How can you do a whole house for £4 and make a living? When i started 12 years ago i was charging £7/8 a house which today would be £15 houses. What the hell was you charging 12 years ago if your only charging £4 a house now...£1.25?? Get with the times mate! Yes im lucky where i live is crawling with terrace houses all over £200k so £10 fronts seems to be the norm as i never have a custy refuse on price and rarely get undercut by competition but for £4 for the whole house???? No way pedro not for me that.

8weekly

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2014, 02:27:35 pm »

How can you do a whole house for £4 and make a living?
It's only 10 houses an hour.  ::)roll    ;D

SeanK

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »
Apparently Mick Kent works in London where a shoe box can command £250,000 if it's bolted down with a postcode...

£10 fronts no problem there! (he mentioned in a previous post that maybe he's undercharging).

Think some of us 'down south' would be shocked by what our brethren up north consider a reasonable charge for our effort. Not all just some - Don't undervalue the service you provide.

Where this argument falls apart is the fact that just because somebody lives in an expensive property doesn't mean that they
are loaded.
They could have bought the property before the prices went crazy and be no richer than the rest off us.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »
Where this argument falls apart is the fact that just because somebody lives in an expensive property doesn't mean that they
are loaded.
They could have bought the property before the prices went crazy and be no richer than the rest off us.

Doubtful.  People in the South in general have much higher incomes:

From http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/nov/24/wages-britain-ashe-mapped#zoomed-picture

Vin

Mick Kent

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 09:07:39 pm »
Im thinking i should maybe start charging more as i dont get anyone saying its too expensive!! I only charge £10 for a front where others charge £20/25 for full houses so im only charging the same but focusing on just the fronts instead as can do 3/4 fronts in the time to do 1 front and back of a house especialy if next to eachother without the need to wait for gates/garages to be opened or travel down alleyways or phone the night before or even jump over gate etc.
Im far from stupid when it comes to building a decent suited round. £10 a month is nothing for someone to pay for there windows to be cleaned otherwise if it was id have no customers? , im in it for the money and easy life which is why i have done things the way i have. Works for me.