This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: whats everyones minimum price
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 06:04:12 pm »
Min price £10 which is for fronts/flats however i do have some bedsits or "apartments" in central london where i get £20 for 1 simple window that takes seconds to clean which i love doing each month.
I also dry all my fronts with a blade, not sure why as i have faith in wfp 100% but it does make the customer that much more happy that there downstairs is dry and spotless when i leave and for the fact it takes me less than 20 seconds to do i have made it my cleaning routine.

Aw no it's spreading.

Chop your squeegee hand off mick before it's too late.

Or You'll be working out the back of your range rover before you can say "if in doubt, get the squeegee out"

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

richywilts

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 07:23:51 pm »
been thinking about my minimum price and just read on another post someone charges £15 minimum i think i may go down this route as the smaller house i find more annoying and price wrong im better at pricing bigger houses, im not looking too take on loads new customers anymore but better priced work think this could be way forward

You've been in this game for years, and you always ask newbie questions, most of which are painfully "Newbie" questions by the way. Here's a new idea mate. Turn your PC off and go out and do what we all do, run your business. Bet you'd have questions about how to sell smack to smackheads...... Oh, hang on.  ::)roll

HTH

whats ya problem ya little blurt ive always had about £10 minimum charge varies for very small properties, i asked a question to guage whether its worth increasing my minimum price up to 15 quid, im not desperate for new work and im looking to get all my prices right in next 3-4 months whats with all the crap ya giving me
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

C o z y

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 07:50:22 pm »
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and can post what they like on an open forum. I told you what I thought of you. To me, anyone who doesn't know his anus from his elbow after the amount of time you've spent pretending to be a window cleaner, in my opinion, is a turnip.
What's wrong with that? You asked a newbie question, and got some replies.

I can't change the fact that you're a turnip who can't take constructive criticism. If you have problems reaching decisions about how to price each job, or what to pay whoever you've got working with you, then maybe you should try something else. Just try not to choose something that causes misery and despair to other people.

HTH
No still don't understand, I must be thick

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »
i asked a valid question ive been out the game 16 months nearly and was asking what the going rate is for minimum price these days nothing to do with a newbie question at all so wind ya neck in i couldnt give a flying damn what u think a lot of people would give there right arm to have my work ive lived n learnt from my mistakes business is going very well so i dont need to pretend to be a window cleaner
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

C o z y

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 08:11:39 pm »
OK, so I seem to have upset you.

Never mind eh?  ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Caleb Morley

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 11:45:43 pm »
been thinking about my minimum price and just read on another post someone charges £15 minimum i think i may go down this route as the smaller house i find more annoying and price wrong im better at pricing bigger houses, im not looking too take on loads new customers anymore but better priced work think this could be way forward

You've been in this game for years, and you always ask newbie questions, most of which are painfully "Newbie" questions by the way. Here's a new idea mate. Turn your PC off and go out and do what we all do, run your business. Bet you'd have questions about how to sell smack to smackheads...... Oh, hang on.  ::)roll

HTH

This is brilliant.

Oi Richy how much for the oats mate? Do you deliver like Dominoes or do I have to come to you?

groundhog

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »
I made the decision a couple of years ago to set a minimum charge of £25, it has worked very well for me! I usually tell the customer that the minimum is £25 when they phone to ask for a quote, it stops a lot of time wasting!  :)

Stephen.C

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 08:56:10 am »
That quite a good idea mate, I put my minimum up £15 in April.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Mike #1

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 09:37:28 am »
Its a regional thing depends were you live £15.00 minimum up near Durham and you would get laughed at and not have a business in my area .

I have recently introduced a £5.00 minimum as its not worth it otherwise , As for time wasting i ask were they live if i dont cover that area or street  or choose not to then i simply turn it down .

richywilts

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2014, 09:45:21 am »
the only reason i ask is my prices are all going to be going up in january customers are all aware of this, im just wanting to refine my round and like a few have mentioned it sorts the messers out etc, if i explain im in demand and £15 is minimum charge if they sign up great if they dont then im not losing out coz im happy with what ive got an once the price go up be even happier i know who my target customers are now ive got rid of all the dross and i just want to build up on the good areas i have left now certain jobs which usually id prob do for £12s then regret due to having to fully extend pole over large extension etc if i get for 15quids happy days
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 10:44:20 am »
Its a regional thing depends were you live £15.00 minimum up near Durham and you would get laughed at and not have a business in my area .

I have recently introduced a £5.00 minimum as its not worth it otherwise , As for time wasting i ask were they live if i dont cover that area or street  or choose not to then i simply turn it down .
I think it's partly regional, partly the demographic you go for but mostly in your own fear. Quote a few 50% higher than normal and see what happens. You have nothing to lose other than a few customers that you never had.

SeanK

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 10:54:09 am »
The problem is Richy that most of the boasters on here seem to live in a fantasy world, you know the
world I'm talking about where nobody worries about food a heating costs, everybody living in an expensive
property is a millionaire and rich people are stupider than Stan Laurel.
In the real world you set your prices by the earning potential of your customers, so if the area is full of factory
and manual workers then your going to get less than an area full of people who make or get their money easy.
I could set my minimum price to £25 but I would be limiting myself to £25 properties I definitely wouldn't be getting
it for a two bed front.
Mike is spot on you need to have a minimum price because under a certain amount then it isn't worth the hassle
but you need to be realistic about what you can achieve in your area and only you can answer that question.

groundhog

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 11:03:09 am »
The problem is Richy that most of the boasters on here seem to live in a fantasy world

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not? But I would like to say that I was simply answering the question. I'm not boasting at all, its simply the way I run my business and it works very well for me having a minimum price of £25. I simply do not want to mess around with small jobs for a few quid, that is my choice, and in my opinion it is the best decision I have made for my business.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 11:36:56 am »

+1

8weekly

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 12:22:23 pm »

I think it's partly regional, partly the demographic you go for but mostly in your own fear. Quote a few 50% higher than normal and see what happens. You have nothing to lose other than a few customers that you never had.
Just thinking on, if you priced too cheap from the start and you aim for the compact every house in the street sort of round you are going to find it hard. When I first started I came across a local windy leaving a house I was about to leaflet and he said to me "who's going to pay more than a fiver for that?". I would have charged the £15, but now £20. It is in his head that no one would pay what I would charge, but 4 years later, my wife no longer needs to work even though we have a mortgage that most people would be staggered at. Last I saw he was still working out of the back of a K reg Volvo. He has been going 30 years.

Mick Kent

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 12:34:46 pm »
I agree with 8 weekly, its all in the head.
I charge what i think im worth, everyone off us are guilty some way or another for undercharging and leaving money on the table as the saying goes,
How many houses have we all gave a price to and the customer instantly says "yes please" well that customer may say "yes please" to another £2 or even £5 ontop of the quote we could all be £300/£500 a week better off if we chanced it with greater quotes!

Ill use me as an example, i charge £10 for a terrace front which is my min charge and customers still jump at it which makes me wonder should i have charged £12 or even £15?? Just how much money am i actualy leaving on the table.
100 £10 customers is £1000 if i chanced it and charged £12 id have £1200 or chanced it even more at £15 id have £1500 thats an awful lot of money that i could be getting that im not.

supernova77

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 12:39:43 pm »
whats everyones minimum price

£20

richywilts

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 02:09:56 pm »
I charge what i think im worth, everyone off us are guilty some way or another for undercharging and leaving money on the table as the saying goes,
How many houses have we all gave a price to and the customer instantly says "yes please" well that customer may say "yes please" to another £2 or even £5 ontop of the quote we could all be £300/£500 a week better off if we chanced it with greater quotes!

Ill use me as an example, i charge £10 for a terrace front which is my min charge and customers still jump at it which makes me wonder should i have charged £12 or even £15?? Just how much money am i actualy leaving on the table.
100 £10 customers is £1000 if i chanced it and charged £12 id have £1200 or chanced it even more at £15 id have £1500 thats an awful lot of money that i could be getting that im not.

this is the thing mick i think im worth it im not the type to splash and dash i prefer to take my time and get the job looking quality such as removing dark marks on upvc doors and cills, if a fascia above door needs doing ill do it without charging etc im very thorough, by targetting the areas im now doing i think it would work better whereas the council estates dont appreciate it and arent willing to pay the extra
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

groundhog

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »

Exactly! Some of the best jobs I have are from over ten years ago when I was still employed and window cleaning part time, I had built up the round to a level I could just about manage on a part time basis and at that time I had no intention of going full time with window cleaning. Yet I was still getting enquiries for quotes, so when I went to price up, I really wasn't bothered about getting the job so I would price really high, and I was amazed at how many I actually got of those jobs! So the way I see it is, once you have a good round built up, you have nothing to lose by pricing as high as you think it is possible, and you certainly have everything to gain!

incey

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2014, 04:46:19 pm »

£10 for a terrace front??? Either your customers are loaded or your living in dreamland.

We charge £4.00 for a terrace, Front & Back and earn a VERY good hourly rate doing them.

£10 for a front????? Jesus id be goin work in a bentley with a roofrack on!!!!!