This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew Giles

Render Cleaning
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:51:35 pm »
I have been asked to clean the render and concrete window sills on a house, we have cleaned several exteriors before, but all have been painted so fairly easy to clean. This job isn't painted render, i cant tell you exactly what it is but it seems be kind of like rough sandstone, its quite porous so cleaning with our pole system is pointless (apart from ruining the brushes!). Is there any chemicals people can recommend or would pressure washing be an option. TIA.

Tadgh O Shea

Re: Render Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 12:04:19 am »
I have been asked to clean the render and concrete window sills on a house, we have cleaned several exteriors before, but all have been painted so fairly easy to clean. This job isn't painted render, i cant tell you exactly what it is but it seems be kind of like rough sandstone, its quite porous so cleaning with our pole system is pointless (apart from ruining the brushes!). Is there any chemicals people can recommend or would pressure washing be an option. TIA.
Hi Andrew, I would recommend you contact Chris Scott from the hard floor cleaning section as he specializes in this area or you can contact him on 7973 216502

Regards

Tadgh

Griffus

Re: Render Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »
If newish properties these will be fake sills coated in adhesive and coated in a sand like finish.

Be careful