This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rebecca Betts

Mistaken for damaging property
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:05:44 pm »
Hi there,

I have been doing domestic cleaning for nearly 6 years and have had insurance all that time. However I have a problem with a customer.....

She found a crack in the tiles in her shower and thinks that it was caused by me and wants to claim on my insurance to get it repaired. This crack has always been there for as long as I can remember and was NOT caused by me.

I have been cleaning her property for around 6 months and had no problems however this has caused a bit of awkwardness between us and I'm not sure where to go from here! I've never had to claim on my insurance but as it's nothing to do with me I'm definitely not taking responsibility.

So just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or been in this situation before!

Thank you!

Neil Jones

Re: Mistaken for damaging property
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:11:54 pm »
She's trying it on, just tell her you didn't do it so won't accept liability. If you give in this time just to keep the customer she will only do it again.

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »
Yes tell her to find another cleaning company as you didn't do it so therefore you are not paying for the damage. Horrible customers these.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:34:13 am »
Tell her it would be pointless passing it onto your insurance company as they wouldn't pay out on it.

Mention as an ethical and professional company you would have to be honest on the claim form and declare that the damage was pre existing and was not caused by you.

Saying this does 2 things,  it tells the client it is not you refusing to pay but the insurance company & when said in the correct tone lets her know you think she is not being honest
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk