This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

Pilkington? LAYING IT ON THICK.
« on: April 09, 2006, 01:13:27 am »
JUST WONDER WHAT PILKINGTON WILL HAVE IN STORE AGAINST US IN THE FUTURE. WHAT LIES AND STORYS THEY WILL CONJURE UP TO CONVINCE THE DOMESTIC HOUSE HOLDERS TO CONVERT TO SELFCLEANING GLASS, I WILL BE WATCHING ALL THERE POSTS IN THE FUTURE WITH INTEREST.
http://www.pilkington.com/news+focus/building+products+news/chore+point+for+householders.htm

bumper

Re: Pilkington? LAYING IT ON THICK.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:22:52 am »
Hi
one of my customers had pilkington self cleaning  windows fitted,he said can you clean them with warm soapy water and be carefull because it has a film on it and easily scrathes, no  problem so i cleaned them got all the marks of the fitters  had left, paid me and went,came back next month dorn't bother cleaning them any more its self cleanig glass,i thought you bummer,they looked clean,than six months later this april  when the suns comes out,exuse me window cleaner can you clean my windows,err yes  £40 pound WHAT £40 pound you only charge £7.00 pound for next doors,AHH i said yhey dornt have self cleaning glass and dorn,t  need warm soapy water, and no film on there windows and they have them cleaned every month,so after hubby coming out and 10 mins after well will you clean them NO ill have to get sombody else then so off he went,hahahahaha,self cleaning glass my arse there were bird crap all  down the windows spiders webs all over the windows and  and he dosent have self cleaning window frames either ;D

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:19:16 am »
but should the glass not clean its self after the fitters have put them in lol  ;D

The Fox

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:39:37 am »
I have a customer who is having self-cleaning glass fitted, fortunately they still want me to clean there windows. As he said it doesn’t clean the frames and is windows have never been so clean (I use WFP). ;D ;D

His only worry is I might damage the film that they are coated in. I told him it shouldn’t as I am only putting pure water on the windows.

Kevin

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:46:23 am »
i bet pilkingtons next move is self cleaning frames,just to get one over on us lol  oops better not put any ideas into their heads.;D