This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Never taking a holiday again EVER!
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:49:05 am »
Jeez, it's never worth the hassle! So far behind and no sign of catching up. Countless calls of "Have you packed up window cleaning?" new jobs phoning every day getting snotty when I tell them I can't possibly take more on.
Rant over. Off to work again.

AuRavelling79

Re: Never taking a holiday again EVER!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:12:45 am »
How long did you go for?
It's a game of three halves!

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 08:34:54 am »
Jeez, it's never worth the hassle! So far behind and no sign of catching up. Countless calls of "Have you packed up window cleaning?" new jobs phoning every day getting snotty when I tell them I can't possibly take more on.

It's a good problem to have though.

I just make sure I'm bang up to date before I go on holiday.

Even if it's blowing a gale and snowing I'll go out just so I can enjoy my holiday more. Nothing worse than going away and knowing your already behind.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

J.D

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 09:09:05 am »
Count yourself lucky, its a nice problem to have!

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 09:16:31 am »
When I have a holiday , i change my voicemail message stating I'm on annual leave and usually make the date I'm returning to work a week after I return from holiday. this gives me a little time to catch up on overdue work and prioritise jobs without the added pressure of new enquiries, if new customers want me they will wait.

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 07:47:13 pm »
Iv just spent 3 months on the sick, every clean I'm doing now is like a first clean and my god what's
with all the spiders and webs this year, had to cut my way through some of them to get at the glass.
My customers have been fairly loyal have only lost 3 so far but I'm still way behind so might lose a few more.
To be honest it was working long hours and no holidays that's now coming back to haunt me.
Take your holidays and dump the customers who think you have quit because your a couple of weeks late.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 08:28:52 pm »
take your holidays and enjoy them and take a few days off(or a week)at the end of your working month.this is what i do dave.i still earn plenty and stops me getting too tired of window cleaning.

if you have too much work.just sell a bit on.thats what ive done in the past mate.you dont have to be a slave to this business unless you ve got a lot of debts or a big family/morgage to pay for. :)
price higher/work harder!

Stephen.C

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 08:44:42 pm »
Same here...BUT  I have taken a leaf out of Franks book. life is for living what don't get done today gets done tomorrow. I calmest shiner I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 08:48:49 pm »
Same here...BUT  I have taken a leaf out of Franks book. life is for living what don't get done today gets done tomorrow. I calmest shiner I have ever had the pleasure to work with.

Blimey, dont start following Frank...you'll be out of business next year...

Sounds like a good job you did the other day steve, nice one  :)

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:32 pm »
When I have a holiday , i change my voicemail message stating I'm on annual leave and usually make the date I'm returning to work a week after I return from holiday. this gives me a little time to catch up on overdue work and prioritise jobs without the added pressure of new enquiries, if new customers want me they will wait.
I'll be using that one next year. Or if the wife gets her way sooner.

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:14 pm »
You worked with Franky? He's a bit out of your way.

Stephen.C

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:59 pm »

Hopefully mate be nice to get you and frank on a big one soon.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:55:33 pm »

Ah, you dont want me mate i'm a cowboy  ;D

Good on you mate, hopefully leads to a few more for you  :)

Stephen.C

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 08:56:57 pm »
No I picked up a job with a lot of potential for future work Dave in a place called Avebury, its 45 mins from Andover and about 50 mins from Bristol. Not to far mate

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 08:58:09 pm »
i cant get enough hols,i need another one after working with steve c ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stephen.C

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:13 pm »
;D Did he tell you about the size of his Victoria sponge cake? Mate it was massive and he made sure my bit was bloody tiny. ;D

Ah, you dont want me mate i'm a cowboy  ;D

Good on you mate, hopefully leads to a few more for you  :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »
No I picked up a job with a lot of potential for future work Dave in a place called Avebury, its 45 mins from Andover and about 50 mins from Bristol. Not to far mate

I know Avebury - went mountain biking from there a few weeks back up the Ridgeway.

Stephen.C

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:44 pm »
Did he tell you about the size of his Victoria sponge cake? Mate it was massive and he made sure my bit was bloody tiny.

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 09:02:02 pm »
Franky, have you got a Gopro?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:44 pm »
Franky, have you got a Gopro?
yes  ;D ;D work work of course