This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Re: Gardiner Poles Scratching Top Sills
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »
question for Alex, why dont you make the brush plastic in white rather than black for those careless moments when catching upvc frames etc?
not that i do :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 09:14:46 pm »
question for Alex, why dont you make the brush plastic in white rather than black for those careless moments when catching upvc frames etc?
not that i do :)

Interestingly we have looked at this in the past. The black stocks do not leave black marks on the white frames in general use - the type of plastic used in the stock does not mark uPVC frames. It is usually more rubbery plastic that will leave a residue mark on the white frames.

I did have some stocks made in white plastic but they looked cheap and would make no difference to leaving marks, so did not introduce them.

If a brush (perhaps when worn or damaged) was going to scratch a window frame then this would happen regardless of the colour of the stock material.

mufcglen

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 06:04:01 pm »
cheers matey,cant say ive scratched any frames with any of your brushes yet,maybe im not trying hard enough lol but i do find the extreme brush does catch the sill as i wipe across it sometimes due to the thinner bristles but never marked any yet and suppose its a play off for weight against the normal superlite!

MisterC

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »
Just had a complaint today about marking, scratching on sills. Have attached
A couple of pics and if you zoom in you will see the problem. I guess this must be
Operator error !!  But I have been in in the game for 12 months now and this is the first time I have seen this. Spent an hour with UPVC cleaner polishing the marks out.

Jonny 87

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 11:14:58 pm »
A couple of pics and if you zoom in you will see the problem. I guess this must be
Operator error !!  But I have been in in the game for 12 months now and this is the first time I have seen this. Spent an hour with UPVC cleaner polishing the marks out.

Wow they look like really deep scratches!

Only ever have the bristles touching glass and frames, if you hear the plastic stock touching the frames or dragging along sills then you need to adjust your brush angle or technique.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

MisterC

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 07:05:59 am »
Fortunately they were just marks on the surface rather than deep scratches. As I said
I have not done this anywhere else but will certainly check my technique to make sure
Stock does not touch sills, thanks for the advice.

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 07:15:21 am »
I'm very OCD with WFP technique. Lol

Some guys I've seen sound like there taking chunks out of the frame work when they are are scrubbing, bristles only is how it should be, nice and quiet.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

gary999

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 07:42:50 am »

This is common when using brush at wrong angle or brush is worn.

Forget upvc cleaner use astonish paste from poundland gets rid of these
marks in minutes.

MisterC

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2014, 08:55:18 am »
Thanks for the advice guys

JamesAJF

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 01:01:24 am »
Bit of t cut or barmans friend will get thrm out lol.
bish bash bosh

Soupy

Re: Gardiner Poles Scratching Top Sills New
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 12:16:38 pm »
Just had a similar issue (not caused by a Gardiner pole though).

Resolved with this:

http://www.double-glazing-parts-repairs.co.uk/upvc-scratch-remover-kit

Worked well but it's basically 4 different grits of sand paper and a 'solution' which looks suspiciously like blue tinted water.

Still £12 + 1/2 an hour = job done.