Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul erithwc

Day time door knocking is it worth it
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
What kind of response if any would i get on average from door knocking durring the day eg 11am till 2pm

Im thinking about door knocking the streets i already clean to get some more compact work in before winter.

Thanks Paul

martinj

Re: Day time door knocking is it worth it
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:24:17 am »
I wouldnt bother, if youre desperate i would leaflet between those times and follow up in the evening but best way is knocking 4pm to about 7.30 imho

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 02:06:54 pm »
If you think that a few of the neighbours are home while your cleaning then why not.
But I would agree with Martin the evening would be the best time.
Saturday during the day might work, even go cleaning the odd Saturday to be seen in the area.

C o z y

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 02:49:39 pm »
Ânything is better than doing nothing. The guys out knocking doors at the wrong time instead of sitting at home watching TV, tend to have bigger customer bases.
If you need more customers, do something about it. If it's not the best time, then when you've finished, go again at the "right" time.

HTH
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Michael Peterson

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »
cozy is right

J.D

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »
Mod Note:  No swearing; it gets you banned.

Thank you.

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »
Ânything is better than doing nothing. The guys out knocking doors at the wrong time instead of sitting at home watching TV, tend to have bigger customer bases.
If you need more customers, do something about it. If it's not the best time, then when you've finished, go again at the "right" time.

HTH

Good constructive advice mate,doing something is better than doing nothing,that's what I was told many years ago when in sales

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »
really depends on the type of area the estate is my mum lives on quite a large 1970s housing estate and most residents are in late 50s-60s now and i find loads of them in in the day due to retiring its quite strange as we hardly see any children playing anymore as most are my age or older and have flown the nest but if u tried a new estate where younger couples tend to live prob wont find them in due to high mortgages most couples work both full time
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

duncan h

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:18 pm »
I'd tell ye to  F off ! I detest cold callers, they are a scurge!
I agree. That's why I do flyers only. Nothing worse that watching Top  Gear and someone knocks on door  ;D

C o z y

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 10:20:51 pm »
Yeah, some people are afraid of rejection.

Funny that, seems to be the same ones with problem custies. If they overcame their fear, they could get enough customers to replace the ones nobody else wants.

Funny old world innit.  ;)

J.D

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:59 pm »
I'd tell ye to  F off ! I detest cold callers, they are a scurge!
I agree. That's why I do flyers only. Nothing worse that watching Top  Gear and someone knocks on door  ;D
My thoughts exactly Duncan. I hate anyone interrupting my top gear episodes!  ;D

Tom-01

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 10:36:53 pm »

Thank you.

But if someone wants a window cleaner they won't care when you knock?

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 10:38:17 pm »
I've never had anyone be rude to me when I've canvassed.  They normally just say "No thank you!" and I leave them a card.

I wouldn't door knock in rough estates though, I can imagine some of those might be obnoxious.  And why would I waste my time knocking on poor houses when I could knock in nice estates?

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 07:37:49 am »
I've never had anyone be rude to me when I've canvassed.  They normally just say "No thank you!" and I leave them a card.

I wouldn't door knock in rough estates though, I can imagine some of those might be obnoxious.  And why would I waste my time knocking on poor houses when I could knock in nice estates?
J D can't help where he lives.

Mike #1

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 07:50:51 am »
What kind of response if any would i get on average from door knocking durring the day eg 11am till 2pm

Im thinking about door knocking the streets i already clean to get some more compact work in before winter.

Thanks Paul

Saturdays or Sundays could be good days Paul people are chilled on a Sunday after 10am most people are up and about defo worth a go

Me personally i dont like door knocking but thats me bit shy and no social skills i do most of my talking on here or with fellow dog owners only chance i get to talk cant get a word in edgeways with my wife  ;D ;D . Mike

J.D

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 08:54:35 am »

Thank you.

When did the letter F become a swear word?

Paul erithwc

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 09:41:58 am »
Thanks for the replys i will give it a try on saturdays then and just do leaflets during the week when i get spare time.

At the moment i have enough work but im changing work round so their is less travel time per day plus im changing from five to six weekly early next year.

Thanks Paul

Mike #1

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 10:42:32 am »
Paul why change cleaning schedule when you are looking for work surely that just means you need more work with a more stretched out schedule ,Thus working harder to achieve a similar income surely it is best to stick to five weekly

And concentrate on compacting your round to reduce travel , Which is what i need to do for some of my work gain more custys within the streets i work to reduce travel in the day between certain areas . Which equals more earning potential . Mike

Perfect Windows

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 10:55:03 am »

Thank you.

When did the letter F become a swear word?

WTF?

C o z y

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 11:39:36 am »
Paul why change cleaning schedule when you are looking for work surely that just means you need more work with a more stretched out schedule ,Thus working harder to achieve a similar income surely it is best to stick to five weekly

And concentrate on compacting your round to reduce travel , Which is what i need to do for some of my work gain more custys within the streets i work to reduce travel in the day between certain areas . Which equals more earning potential . Mike

Good point.
We work 6 weekly and have done for years. Because a lot of our Brit (army) customers are thinning out over here, we've gone to 5 weekly. I'm leaflet dropping the next couple of days, telling them I'll be calling in the very near future (about 2/3 days time) to see if they're interested etc.
The only thing I try to avoid, is knocking while it's raining. Sets some people in a neggy mood regarding window cleaning. I'm stood at the door in pouring rain, asking "would you like a window cleaner". I get very good results by working this way. Maybe give it a try?

I knock til about 6.30pm.