Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Big oil stain
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 10:13:50 pm »
Hi Jordine keep us updated on how you get on, I'm interested how the ot8 will work on this?

Sure went to the job today to make a start, the first treatment was surprisingly good, did a second treatment but didnt have time to stay till i dried you can still see a shadow but it did look alot better when it was dried after the first treatment so im guessing it will look ok when dry. Going to leave it about 5 days to see if the OT8 keeps working and brings any more to the surface, then go and treat it again, if there's still a visible shadow I will try Resiblock.

After I cleaned the drive the first time I found loads of smaller oil stains about 10/15 of them and I found them alot harder to shift.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:07 pm »
the stain on the other side. slightly smaller than the other moved a bit better

Kevin Miller

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 10:16:14 pm »
Great improvement to be fair, well done

Roger Oakley

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 10:38:16 pm »
That's not bad mate, the OT8 won't work for very long IMO as in leaving it on, least not 5 days, If you are getting these results with the OT8, then I'd stick with if you are going back there to apply again, as the OT8 will draw the stain to the top bit by bit and from the photos seems to be working well.
As Mr Miller said "Well Done"  :D

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 10:47:37 pm »
That's not bad mate, the OT8 won't work for very long IMO as in leaving it on, least not 5 days, If you are getting these results with the OT8, then I'd stick with if you are going back there to apply again, as the OT8 will draw the stain to the top bit by bit and from the photos seems to be working well.
As Mr Miller said "Well Done"  :D

Cheers im happy with it for my first day, Rodger I havnt left any down I just meant Ill go back in 5 days because they sometimes reappear like you said they get drawn up. But hopefully 1/2 more treatments will do it.

Jettaway

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:06 am »
Did you put the OT8 down in a dry surface Jordine?

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 11:04:26 am »
Did you put the OT8 down in a dry surface Jordine?

Yes I put it on dry then when it dried out i wet the stain again.

Jettaway

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 11:33:24 am »
I've always pre wet and never had much success with ot8.

Will have to try it dry

concept

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 05:54:43 pm »
Just the thread I needed...struggling with OT8 on pre-wet block paving.

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 11:46:08 pm »
Just the thread I needed...struggling with OT8 on pre-wet block paving.
Hi concept , im a newby here so dont have that much experience but every time ive used it ive had pretty good results, ive always put it on dry then waited till it was just about dry then wet with water & scrub again ....I repeat this for an hour.
Not sure if it's because I've put it on dry or I've just been lucky but it's got to be worth ago.