This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H20cleaning

when i was collecting some money tonight...
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:07:28 pm »
one of my customers (who i have only just taken on the round a few months ago) handed me another window cleaners flyer with a quotation price of £8.00 on it, she didn't cancel she said ''i just wanted to give you it so you know''

im not angry by any means business is business, but i am genuinely curious as to how someone using a WFP system can charge £8.00 once a month for a 5 bedroom 3 story house:| ???
this house takes me around 30mins to clean doing a good job as usual.
I have blanked the leaflets details out incase your wondering about the scribbles

Clever Forum Name

Re: when i was collecting some money tonight...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:12:23 pm »
£9 house all day long.

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:20:56 pm »
How much do you charge ???

H20cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:27:17 pm »
May i add that the back of this house also has a 3rd story roof bay windows, and 3 patio doors with windows either side, plus the kitchen window and 3 story side window to.

I charge £12.00 but everytime i do it i always say i need to charge £14.00

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:51:28 pm »
My brothers is wider with more windows but all dead plain. No patio etc. He pays £6.50 and thinks its a lot. My cheapest customer is £7, that's a plain semi. Note my brother cleaner is rubbish. The guy sets on 3 lads and bangs them out. It depends also where you live.

windiewasher

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 08:52:21 pm »
Ring them up and ask them why they are quoting your customers.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 09:10:11 pm »

He obviously forgot to put his "This is my customer" flagpole in her front garden,.. how else would he other guy not have realised?  ::)roll

trippyboy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 09:11:34 pm »
That's a £15 house  :(

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 10:04:26 pm »
That's a £15 house  :(
£20 here I would say. 8 weekly, mind.

PoleKing

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »
You know the other week (you may not remember/care) I posted an email id sent to a customer who was 'thinking about cancelling'
Well-he lived in this style house (David Wilson aren't they...) I charge £20 and someone had quoted a tenner. My £15 houses on the same estate were quoted at £9.
I've since found out that he's quoted about 8 of the villages I clean in.
Quoting between 30% and 50% of my prices.
I lost one-the one I posted the email about.
It's not ideal but it's par for the course in our game.
Someone else will usually be cheaper.
If there's no-one else out there cheaper than you-you're too cheap.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 10:10:14 pm »
May i add that the back of this house also has a 3rd story roof bay windows, and 3 patio doors with windows either side, plus the kitchen window and 3 story side window to.

I'm surprised you are getting £12.00 for that house in Middlesbrough. I better start canvassing in your area.

I believe the windie whose quote you got is now an infrequent member of this forum (someone upset him) and he charges around that price. If its the same chap I think it is, then he quotes another 50p to also clean the integral garage door, so I wouldn't know what he would do with the separate garage door. He was getting so much new work recently so one wonders if he is charging too little (this was gleaned from Nat's forum about 4/6 months ago. One week in March he had 37 new cleans to do).

Again, if its the same chap then he will be able to reach all windows as the only pole he had was an SLX40 as he sold his SLX22 to help fund it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 11:04:46 pm »

I'm surprised you are getting £12.00 for that house in Middlesbrough. I better start canvassing in your area.

I believe the windie whose quote you got is now an infrequent member of this forum (someone upset him) and he charges around that price. If its the same chap I think it is, then he quotes another 50p to also clean the integral garage door, so I wouldn't know what he would do with the separate garage door. He was getting so much new work recently so one wonders if he is charging too little (this was gleaned from Nat's forum about 4/6 months ago. One week in March he had 37 new cleans to do).

Again, if its the same chap then he will be able to reach all windows as the only pole he had was an SLX40 as he sold his SLX22 to help fund it.

I dont clean Middlesbrough mate i just tell people im from there because its easier.
I clean yarm, stockton, Eaglescliffe, leven and surrounding villages.
I see £12.00 cheap for a 250k house!!!

windiewasher

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 11:18:46 pm »

He obviously forgot to put his "This is my customer" flagpole in her front garden,.. how else would he other guy not have realised?  ::)roll
perhaps the fact they are clean and doesn't look like they need cleaning!
Total £  so far.

H20cleaning

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 11:20:45 pm »

Haha i had just cleaned them on that day!! I wasnt bothered though obviously but was just shocked at such a little price for WFP

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 11:25:07 pm »

Haha i had just cleaned them on that day!! I wasnt bothered though obviously but was just shocked at such a little price for WFP
lol.Name and shame because they are on here i believe.
Total £  so far.

H20cleaning

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 11:34:59 pm »

lol.Name and shame because they are on here i believe.
I dont think there is reason to name and shame they probs didnt intentionally try and poach my work... Just generally pricing up jobs in hope to gain new work, i just cant see how people can run a business earning upto £16.00 an hour.... After expenses

Tom White

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 12:21:02 am »
i just cant see how people can run a business earning upto £16.00 an hour.... After expenses

They can't.  We had a guy that another local window cleaner called "Mr 50%" because he offered dirt cheap cleans for the first three months and then it went to 'normal price' which was still very cheap.  Give this guy his due, he did a very effective leafletting job (leafletted loads of my customers in lots of different and far reaching areas).

I didn't lose one, but actually got one of his (long boring story).

I hardly ever see the guy working and haven't seen him at all in months.

As a general rule, cheap window cleaners don't tend to last long.

Neil Jones

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 12:47:37 am »
I'm not a window cleaner but some of the comments have me confused. Do some window cleaners actually believe that your customers should never be approached by other window cleaners (not aimed at the OP)? Isn't this just business? I have Sky contact me every other week to leave Virgin, and vice versa when I was with Sky. I could name a million things it happens with.

If you do a good enough job then you shouldn't have to worry and if people do change for a cheaper quote when you provide a good service then they ain't worth having as a customer.

Glad you managed to keep the customer, and for £16 ph less expenses the other window cleaner may as well get a job at Tesco.

Tom White

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 12:56:20 am »
Do some window cleaners actually believe that your customers should never be approached by other window cleaners (not aimed at the OP)?

The daft ones may take offence at someone trying to 'poach' their work.  The really daft ones think they own 'patches'.

But most of us have a few brain cells and understand that this is just the way the world works.

H20cleaning

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 01:02:45 am »
I often have people approach my custys but they are happy to stay with me and my service, so i very rarely get angry at another windy for trying! Unless he purposely knocked while i was cleaning (wich has never happened)