Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the red carpet

Re: leafleting again
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2006, 09:24:07 pm »
With the carpet cleaning demo talked about by ray and dave (spot on)
If i had a t/m or a generator i think i would do this, and prob will in the future.

I would do it at the local schools bazar and fette things they hold every so often.
As its gonna be loads of mums with small kids there, so you know most of there carpets could do with a clean to start with

theres not usually to much of any interest to the mums at these things, most are just stood about chatting while the kids are on bouncy castles and the like.

And once you get in with one, all the rest will know as they all chat outside the gates everyday as they pick up the kids so if you do a good job word will travel fast.

And they cost peanuts i know my local school charge £15.

And depending were you live and how big a area you cover there is usually loads about, im sure i could find 20 local to me no prob.

Ray your leaflet response 1 job in 10.000 was rubbish
did you pay a firm to deliver?
if you did i think most went in the bin first mate, that or they were terribly designed and i doubt they were that bad i have allways managed at least 6-7 jobs and would hope for 10-20

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2006, 12:00:04 am »

Red

Talking of schools and publicity, every year the school holds a raffle with donated prizes, from hampers to a bottle of champaigne etc. How about printing a voucher to the value of a free sofa clean or one carpet, and make this the top prize, then contact the school. Think of the publicity when you do a good job for one of the mums and you may get multiple recommendations.

You might think it a waste of your time, but sometimes so is posting endless leaflets and getting no work from it. It's only your time you are giving up.

Dave

stains-away

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2006, 12:36:01 am »

Red

Talking of schools and publicity, every year the school holds a raffle with donated prizes, from hampers to a bottle of champaigne etc. How about printing a voucher to the value of a free sofa clean or one carpet, and make this the top prize, then contact the school. Think of the publicity when you do a good job for one of the mums and you may get multiple recommendations.

You might think it a waste of your time, but sometimes so is posting endless leaflets and getting no work from it. It's only your time you are giving up.

Dave

Dave, i did this at the village school for the last Christmas raffle, maximum value set at £100,the freebie was done in about an hour and a quarter and ive done 4 jobs since through people at the school, theres only 80 odd kids at the school, cant wait until my eldest goes to senior school ;D , Andy

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 09:01:04 am »

Red,

There we are, straight from the horses mouth, it works. I won't do it though because theres a woman who's kids go to ths school, who my wife and i can't stand. Knowing my luck she would probably win it >:(

The school in the rich area, that would be a better prospect.

Dave