This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

trad v wfp the final word
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:53:48 pm »
a while ago the crusty comes out and says you are not going to clean my windows with that broom on a pole ......be off with you do it properly
 as it was a bungalow I put the gear away and got the bucket  and squeegee out started to clean.........
he comes running out face purple with mock householder rage and shouts
what are you doing you moronic immacile
a little taken aback I says you asked me to clean this way. he says  what sort of window cleaner are you
 no no no no  you  idiot he shouts   I want it done traditionally and throws a leather chammi at  me

told him where to go gear in van and offski

the last person to use a leather was George Formby

is all of Britain still living in the 1940s?

bobplum

Re: trad v wfp the final word
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:27:43 pm »
only in croyden ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »

No, but up North, we'll be there in a few years time  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 01:29:54 am »
I love it, one irate customer with a leather and it's 'all of Britain living in 1940'.

;D

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13:35 am »
My dad cleaned with chamois and scrim until the early 80s.

lozsing

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:24:57 am »
hope you kept the leather  ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 07:38:20 am »
yesterday while having my lunch i was watching 2 trad guys cleaning an ex customers house of mine and they were using YELLOW DUSTERS and scrim.2 hours later their still cleaning!(georgian windows).i clean 12  out of 14 houses down this close(very posh 5 bedders).one of em looked round as im eating.i let on and smile and he just turned round and ignored me. ::)roll

i used to clean them and the man of the house to be fair is alright.its his missus whos a right fussy bitch.i couldnt be bothered with them in the end and it was a relief when they sacked me cos i wouldnt clean their insides! ;D ;D ;D.

no way would i go back to the ladders after  4 years wfp!its just the best tool for the job 90% of the time.the other 10% i do trad no probs.i pick up work all the time because im wfp and dont use ladders. ;)

im a much better and versatile cleaner since i made the switch.best investment ever for me.so glad i did!! :)
price higher/work harder!

lal

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 08:11:12 am »
a while ago the crusty comes out and says you are not going to clean my windows with that broom on a pole ......be off with you do it properly
 as it was a bungalow I put the gear away and got the bucket  and squeegee out started to clean.........
he comes running out face purple with mock householder rage and shouts
what are you doing you moronic immacile
a little taken aback I says you asked me to clean this way. he says  what sort of window cleaner are you
 no no no no  you  idiot he shouts   I want it done traditionally and throws a leather chammi at  me

told him where to go gear in van and offski

the last person to use a leather was George Formby

Hi Tony, just out of interest where are you based in Croydon, I lived in Clyde Road, Addiscombe for 20+ years before
moving over to Galway Ireland three years ago.

Best regards
Lal

tonyoliver

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »
hi lal
I am in south Croydon  used to go in the leslie arms  now cheap flats  for eastern Europeans and all the hotels are now bed and breakfasts for the above and the semi homeless its a tip now don't come back let nostalga work its rosey tint tony

rosskesava

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 12:34:04 am »
hi lal
I am in south Croydon  used to go in the leslie arms  now cheap flats  for eastern Europeans and all the hotels are now bed and breakfasts for the above and the semi homeless its a tip now don't come back let nostalga work its rosey tint tony

Off topic I know but years ago I used to drink in the Blacksmiths Arms and the Windsor Castle in Purley Oaks.

Jeezus...how it has all changed. Croydon is now a faceless concrete dump.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

tonyoliver

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:01 pm »
 hi lal,
when adolf bombed this place he did millions of pounds of improvements the pubs arnt pubs any more they are flats
spaces where a market barrow went in surrey street is now a three bedroom house all the new building is now social  housing  the chances you wont hear the mother tounge as you walk the streets and my most recent memory was 4 drunks proper alkies staggering down the road all polish so drunk how on earth they found there way here but I suppose the free moneys good and the vodkas cheap. yep my home town is a dump
just waiting for my exit visa from the stasi!!!!!

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »
hi lal

Off topic I know but years ago I used to drink in the Blacksmiths Arms and the Windsor Castle in Purley Oaks.

Jeezus...how it has all changed. Croydon is now a faceless concrete dump.

Lol, i was drinking there 15 years ago and it was a... 'faceless concrete dump'
Anyone remember 'Orchid'? What a dirty little craphole of a club that was!
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

lal

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 11:00:56 pm »

Sorry still off topic

To Tony, Rosskesava  & Poleking, unfortunately everything you have all said about Croydon is true, I moved to
 Croydon in 1989 after living most of my life in Brixton from a very young age, and back then Croydon was luxury
 compared to Brixton, but over the years it has deteriorated so quickly its quite unbelievable with gangs, guns &
 knife crime murders etc, you hear a lot of people reminiscing about what a lovely place Croydon used to be years
 ago, how times have changed, its a big shame really.

Lal