Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andrew P

Pub Upholstery
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:54:00 pm »
Hi Guys

I am just starting carpet cleaning, i run a general cleaning company but have added this recently.

I have been on the Ashbys course, purchased the equipment and have been lucky to get a few jobs in my first week.

Now for the big question, I clean the kitchens in a number of chain pubs in my area and have been asked by one to quote to clean some rather grubby upholstered chairs and fixed bench's. These are full of the usual ketchup, food and ice cream stains. How would you guys go about cleaning them (About 100 seat pads)

Thanks ;D

Andrew 

John Kelly

Re: Pub Upholstery
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:17:39 pm »
Hi Andrew

The biggest problem with pub seating is the drying. They obviously want them back in use a soon as possible. Therefore it is important to clean them at the most beneficial time. One way round this is to batch clean them. Clean say 20 at a time and put them out of commision until fully dry. Otherwise it is usually a night shift job. Airmovers will speed things up.
As for cleaning, personally I use an enzyme pre-spray misted on and agitated, leave to dwell for about 20 minutes then extract off using a suitable detergent for the material. Low moisture methods are available, however on pub seating this very rarely gives a satisfactory result. Hope this helps.

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 11:58:33 pm »
Thorough pre-vac followed by chemspec's Enz-all if you really feel you need an enzyme pre spray. Follow with cfr handtool - plain water rinse at high pressure. You won't need much drying time.

All the best
Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Andrew P

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 04:10:28 pm »
Thanks for your replies John and Alan

They have supplied me with the worst chair for testing purposes so will definately give your ideas a whirl.

Wish me luck ;D

Regards

Andrew