This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anna Warren

Domestic cleaning- staying in touch with customers
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:48:20 pm »
If you've got a customer and your cleaner does a job, how do yo stay with touch? Do you call so often? Send letters? How often?
Any replies appreciated.

Tony Hodgkinson

Re: Domestic cleaning- staying in touch with customers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »
I personally build in a management charge when I am negotiating new contracts. What this involves is a monthly or weekly visit where I meet the client and the cleaner. I personally always call my cleaners to check everything is going ok and to discuss general things.

Its all down to how you feel you want to manage the company. I feel with me attending the sites and helping my cleaners out I build their trust in me and it shows im always willing to get my hands dirty.
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Tina AW

Re: Domestic cleaning- staying in touch with customers
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:03:02 pm »
Hi,

I'm new to this forum but have been running my domestic cleaning business for nearly a year now and we are doing really well.  I currently visit my clients every month (this is when I invoice them for my services) we have a good chat about the cleaner they currently have, this gives them the chance to tell you anything they are unhappy with.  I always work with the client and the cleaner to try to resolve any issues and believe me there are lots, as its very time consuming setting everything up so I think its easier to try to iron out the problems and keep the parties together.

The only problem I'm now getting is that as I do everything office based, I am now struggling to manage to fit in meeting with the clients each month as it takes up too much time, by the time you travel there, have a cup of tea and a chat and then go back to the office or onto the next one, plus trying to get hold of them in the first place to arrange the meeting.  I'm gradually drowning under all the paperwork, there has got to be an easier way of doing this..

How does everyone else manage?