This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

koopmaster

Re: Early starts
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 05:42:50 pm »
9 - 15:30

gary999

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 07:17:10 pm »
10am earliest summer

9am earliest winter

ben M

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »
10am earliest summer

9am earliest winter
and you finish at 11am? ;D ;D

JackieW

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »
Between 8 and 8:30

Norman & Sons Window & Gutter Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:41 pm »
7am
Norman & Sons Window & Gutter Cleaning Ltd,
www.normanwindowcleaning.co.uk

bobplum

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 08:31:51 pm »
8 AM SUMMER
9 AM WINTER, weather allowing

capn sparkle

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 08:38:37 pm »
Office hours for me 9 till 5  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 09:26:15 pm »
get to know your customers ;) ;)

I know the ones that I can start early on as they gone a work or up for the kids.

I start at 8 must days,may be 8:30 if don-key buys breakie which isn't often

gary999

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 11:16:01 pm »
10am earliest summer

9am earliest winter
and you finish at 11am? ;D ;D

thats very good for you ;D

Johnny B

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 11:44:21 pm »
I start domestics at around 9 - 9:30, sometimes later. Any earlier is a no-no here unless by prior arrangement. Working later in the day (6pm onward) is rarely an issue, and in fact I finished my last job tonight at around 8:15, then was invited in for a cuppa, had a good old chat and it was nearly 10 by the time I left!

I have a few shops in town which I do Friday mornings. I start at around 8:30 on these.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Marc Whitbread

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 09:09:33 am »
We Start at 8 every day mon-friday no exceptions otherwise we wouldn't usually get all the work done I've started at 8 now for the last year and a half and in that time the only customer that made a huge scene of it was one that insisted it had to always be a wednesday and no she couldn't be out when I did them so logistical nightmare!! no suprise I made a exception and dropped that client I try to please but not that much  ;D other than that I know usually which ones and which ones I cant do until about 10 am and then its fine with everyone from then on but most people are at work from 8/8.30 onwards :)

Marc

advanced

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 05:26:57 pm »
start 8 am finish at five

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 12:34:03 am »
People really do talk some crap on this site! Claiming to live and work in this window cleaners utopia where the customer is always wrong,does what they're told,pays what they're told,keeps it shut and considers themselves lucky that you deign to keep them on for your non-essential service.
So far detached from the real world where window cleaners are ubiquitous and anyone treating people with such contempt would be sacked long before you decide to 'drop 'em'.
Attitudes along the lines of you should be out by 8am anyway,do it or your dropped are as ignorant as they are laughable and take no account of reality.
In our 24/7 society ever more people work lates and night shifts and may still be fast asleep,or work locally and are only just thinking about getting up,showered and ready for work,or have young kids to feed,wash and dress for school. None of whom want some window cleaner - wfp or trad - outside their windows while they, or even more so their kids,are wandering around the house half dressed,getting in or out of the shower etc etc....And these are just a few examples of the many people around at 8am,and quite reasonably some won't want a window cleaner hanging around. As for terms and conditions,yeah right,cos that'll be read with interest.

Why can't you just ask on a customer-to-customer basis and ask people what is and isn't convenient for their particular circumstances.Surely there'll be enough customers whose windows you can do at that time that you can leave those who don't want them done until later?...
Or on the other hand just go around giving it the big 'un,claiming to earn over 100k / year and telling your customers "shut it...or you're dropped."

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 12:46:17 am »
People really do talk some crap on this site! Claiming to live and work in this window cleaners utopia where the customer is always wrong,does what they're told,pays what they're told,keeps it shut and considers themselves lucky that you deign to keep them on for your non-essential service.
So far detached from the real world where window cleaners are ubiquitous and anyone treating people with such contempt would be sacked long before you decide to 'drop 'em'.
Attitudes along the lines of you should be out by 8am anyway,do it or your dropped are as ignorant as they are laughable and take no account of reality.
In our 24/7 society ever more people work lates and night shifts and may still be fast asleep,or work locally and are only just thinking about getting up,showered and ready for work,or have young kids to feed,wash and dress for school. None of whom want some window cleaner - wfp or trad - outside their windows while they, or even more so their kids,are wandering around the house half dressed,getting in or out of the shower etc etc....And these are just a few examples of the many people around at 8am,and quite reasonably some won't want a window cleaner hanging around. As for terms and conditions,yeah right,cos that'll be read with interest.

Why can't you just ask on a customer-to-customer basis and ask people what is and isn't convenient for their particular circumstances.Surely there'll be enough customers whose windows you can do at that time that you can leave those who don't want them done until later?...
Or on the other hand just go around giving it the big 'un,claiming to earn over 100k / year and telling your customers "shut it...or you're dropped."

Well said.

Mike #1

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 07:15:01 am »
8:30-45am is reasonable on domestics i think most people are about to get the kids out the door for school or have left already and i can get parked in most streets by then , I start at 7am on some commercial .

Up at five most mornings to walk the dog so i could start earlier if i wanted to but after a 3 mile walk need time to get sorted . Mike