This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lizj

non payment
« on: June 25, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »
would any body out there have a template for an official sounding letter asking someone to pay up? Its for £300.00 for a job we did in Jan.. i have phoned the client(actually its a window cleaner that i have given a lot of work.. and we got a job for a build clean.. he got the payment but didnt pay me!)I have phoned him several times trying to be understanding as it was horrible weather for him .. but even this week he has come up with an excuse.. i know he is still working. I am nervous about the small claims court but it is the principal. my email liz.johns1@btinternet.com,   incase anyone can help. thanks in advance

PoleKing

Re: non payment
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:35:59 pm »
Is he in here?

Email me, I'll send you mine.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:45:29 pm »
You don't even need a letter a text massage billing the person would do. If that doesn't work file for small cleaims court. its only £25. Just explain the situation that you have no other option but to take it to court.
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Churchill Contract Cleaners

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 04:23:02 pm »
A simple letter emailed and a hard copy posted along with a copy of the invoice and clear payment details.  The letter should state 'final notice for payment' then simply request payment be made in full for the attached invoice within 7 days other wise you will submit a claim to the county courts this will also incur charges and interest.

If it still is not paid after the 7 days expires simply go online to your country court and issue a claim against them add on the £25 you will have to pay and 8% of the debt under the interest of commercial debts act.   Submit the claim then sit back and wait either for a response or payment.

If the debt was above £500 you could use a collection agency which usually collect on no win no fee and only charge around 20% of the debt once collected.  But for £300 its not worth it just issue a country court claim against them.
Nationwide Contract Cleaners | Daily Office Cleaning Nottingham
www.churchillcleaners.co.uk  Tel: 0115 8372840