This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PoleKing

Enough pressure?
« on: June 24, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »
I'm looking at buying a Pressure Washer.
I thought I needed a 15lpm to run a whirlaway from mains pressure.
Looked at one on here & the fella said that some machines struggle to suck that amount if water from mains and I'd need a bowser to suck from.
I've not heard this before.
And he was selling me a 10lpm machine-said it'd do the same job as a 15lpm due to mains pressure restrictions.

Obviously I'm very green on this.
Any advice would be much appreciated please...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

BDCS

Re: Enough pressure?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »
I suggest you search the old posts for a start its been covered many times

PoleKing

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »
I did do a search but couldn't find anything really relavent-lots the other way round about needing a bowser but I'm just trying to see if a 21lpm(for instance) unit would still only have the same real world capacity as a 10lpm when connected to mains without a holding tank.

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:21:20 pm »
Wheelie bin as a breaker tank and ur sorted

PoleKing

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:45 pm »
I'm trying not to use a breaker.
Think I might have to bite the bullet and get a 15lpm one.
That'll run a whirlaway won't it?

PWP

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:46:55 pm »
Hi poleking

Take a look at the following chart I put together
http://www.pressurewashersandpumps.co.uk/category/flat-surface-cleaners

Also I think you not far from us so give us a bell of you need any more help or info?

Supply to trade and public all you need from complete pressure washers (electric, petrol and diesel), spare parts, accessories, pumps, engines and fittings.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 09:43:36 pm »
You dont need a huge header tank. Just something to keep the machine running. 15lpm wont work well from a direct feed. If the pressure isnt great you will starve the pump and knacker it.
Chris scott from here uses a blue 200L drum cut in half with sone hoselock fitting and a float valve. Simple and easy to use.

15lpm will run a 18inch whirlaway, but again, if the flow from the customers tap is poor, then the machine wont be making 15lpm and in turn the whirlaway wont work properly.

PoleKing

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:14:01 pm »
Hi poleking

Take a look at the following chart I put together
http://www.pressurewashersandpumps.co.uk/category/flat-surface-cleaners

Also I think you not far from us so give us a bell of you need any more help or info?

Cheers.
I was in Melton this week, WCing.
The 18' looks like my best bet. http://www.pressurewashersandpumps.co.uk/product/18-whirlaway-surface-cleaner
Can you recommend a PW to go with it please?

PoleKing

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 10:15:26 pm »
You dont need a huge header tank. Just something to keep the machine running. 15lpm wont work well from a direct feed. If the pressure isnt great you will starve the pump and knacker it.
Chris scott from here uses a blue 200L drum cut in half with sone hoselock fitting and a float valve. Simple and easy to use.

15lpm will run a 18inch whirlaway, but again, if the flow from the customers tap is poor, then the machine wont be making 15lpm and in turn the whirlaway wont work properly.

An old 25l drum might be just the ticket. I've always got them about anyway.
Long as there's water in it, the machine will be running well, yes?
(sorry for the amateurish questions)

Tony Edwards

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »
Pwp how come your fsc are so cheap ?

PWP

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »
Poleking - can I give you a ring tomorrow?

Tony - the fsc are genuine be pressure whirlaways and I try to keep prices as low as possible
Supply to trade and public all you need from complete pressure washers (electric, petrol and diesel), spare parts, accessories, pumps, engines and fittings.

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 11:03:40 pm »
Poleking - can I give you a ring tomorrow?

Tony - the fsc are genuine be pressure whirlaways and I try to keep prices as low as possible

Course.
Number's on my site. 7-5 though, training after 5.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »
You should bite the bullet and buy mine instead of that daft little toy your looking at in the for sale section  ;D

Danny

PoleKing

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:03 am »
You should bite the bullet and buy mine instead of that daft little toy your looking at in the for sale section  ;D

Danny

I am contemplating it Dan.
I did fancy the electric one.
What are the stats of the one you've got left?
Have you got a FSC to go with it?

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 09:53:38 am »

Danny

Im not just saying it mate but its one of the best machines you can get, 99% of ppl in this section have had one or would have one. It can literally pay for its self with 1 or 2 jobs.

Its a Hilta Yanmar 10hp diesel,
The pump is an interpump ws201 (3000psi at 15 litres per minute) and the pump is driven via a gearbox for long pump life.

I used it on 2 jobs this week to make sure its spot on but i need to put a new unloader on it. Ill put on on this week or next and then clean and paint all the frame asap.

You should import a FSC from america mate, works out cheaper. I will be doing soon

Danny

PoleKing

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 01:20:40 pm »

Danny

Im not just saying it mate but its one of the best machines you can get, 99% of ppl in this section have had one or would have one. It can literally pay for its self with 1 or 2 jobs.

The pump is an interpump ws201 (3000psi at 15 litres per minute) and the pump is driven via a gearbox for long pump life.

I used it on 2 jobs this week to make sure its spot on but i need to put a new unloader on it. Ill put on on this week or next and then clean and paint all the frame asap.

You should import a FSC from america mate, works out cheaper. I will be doing soon

Danny

I believe you.
You wouldn't post it otherwise.
If you're importing one, what are you getting & how much is it?
Might pay you to get me one also. If it's good enough for you...
You wanted £600 for your PW yes?

What's the crack with servicing these things?
Frequency? Price? Issues?
It's all new to me.

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »

Danny

Danny

I believe you.
You wouldn't post it otherwise.
If you're importing one, what are you getting & how much is it?
Might pay you to get me one also. If it's good enough for you...
You wanted £600 for your PW yes?

What's the crack with servicing these things?
Frequency? Price? Issues?
It's all new to me.

The whirlaways are imported from america, iv not done it yet and im not 100% on the import charges. A few other ppl on here have done it and saved themselves decent money. Here's a link to them ebay shop of the ppl in america that sell them all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/bb-industrial/m.html?item=251542503627&hash=item3a911a00cb&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I was selling it for £650 in the for sale section but i knew someone would knock me down to £600, so ye i will do it for that.

Servicing is so variable their is no right and wrong answer, it depends how often you use it. Ill be changing all the oils in this before i sell it to make sure that its right. As far as valves and seals in the pump, they can be annual, again depending on how much you use the machine and how often.

Loads of videos on youtube on how to service them as well mate
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=interpump+servicing

Danny

AndyDS

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:15 pm »
I bought one of these from BE about 4 weeks ago. I took about 12 days from ordering to delivery. EBay's Global Shipping Program allow you to pay all import taxes at the time purchase. Which helps for a quick turn around through customs with nothing to pay on delivery.
I think it worked out about £310 all in :)

PoleKing

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 11:34:04 pm »
I bought one of these from BE about 4 weeks ago. I took about 12 days from ordering to delivery. EBay's Global Shipping Program allow you to pay all import taxes at the time purchase. Which helps for a quick turn around through customs with nothing to pay on delivery.

For the 18'?

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 11:36:01 pm »

What size did you get mate? Castors or skirt?

Danny