This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jayjackson

WFP-Painted/tiber Frame Advice
« on: March 31, 2006, 07:58:16 pm »
Hi

As each day passes, I'm getting more and more tempted to go wfp.

It seems quicker, and more importantly, safer.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is will it be ok for what  need.

I'm based in London, and do domestic work. Most houses I do are victorian, and some georgian. I would say that 98% have timber painted windows. Some are in good condiction, but a lot have been let go; bad paint work, missing putty, etc.

I wanted to know if this would cause problems with wfp.

Any help would be good.

Thanks,

Jay
London, Greater London, England, UK

Re: WFP-Painted/tiber Frame Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 08:10:56 pm »
bad paint work can be a problem as the surface paint oxidises and when you wash it with pure water it may take a while to run clear will look like milk running off the window it is possible to get these windows right though may take time to get right.

macc

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 09:25:07 pm »
hi jay. been WFP now 6 months, im mainly dommestic & i wood say 20% of my work has neglected windows, give the frames good clean & rince, the took a bit longer to come up but they will come good. macc

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:42:16 pm »
I do a 1920s Georgian windowed house.  It has quite deep frames, I'd guess they're about an inch-and-a-half deep (I've just checked a ruler).

The paint work is varnished and in good condition.

Not only that; they're sash windows too.

But I can't get the job perfect; it's okay(ish), but on subsequent cleans when I check the windows they're not as good as other; more modern; Georgian windows I clean.

I scrub the frames, glass and rinse extremely well; top sections of the sash-windows first; but they just won't come 'perfect'.

I see spots!

Any tips?  I may resort back to ladders for this job; it's well paid even using ladders and the customer is top notch too (so I'd like to do a top notch job).

Do you find that on certain types of properties; you just can't get a 'top notch' clean; no matter how many times you've cleaned it with a WFP?

macc

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 10:06:32 pm »
no what you mean TOSH, they come up good but not spanking. ive offered to get the ladders off but the customers so far have said they can live with a few spots cause they think the house looks so much better with all the frames clean.  :)

i dont need telling twice & i always get a cuppa,  ;D

jayjackson

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 07:55:01 pm »
Thanks Guys,

So overall, wfp has more going for it than against.

Thinking of going for the Freedom Trolly.... but may brave it and go diy :-\
London, Greater London, England, UK