This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin bird

working without controller
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:22 pm »
does any one work without a controller ? if yes how do you regulate the flow of water ?

Tom White

Re: working without controller
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »
You don't; you work full flow; but I suppose the microbore we use slows it down.

I prefer to work full flow; it's quicker.

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:41:04 pm »
How much water do you use in a day Tosh? I've got a 600l tank and the water lasts around 6 hours working with 1 pump and controller feeding 2 reels.
You can't polish a turd

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:23 pm »
does any one work without a controller ? if yes how do you regulate the flow of water ?

After the pump outlet, I have a T piece/branch whatever you want to call it.  One direction goes towards the reel eventually.  The other direction goes back into the tank.  The branch back into the tank has a tap on it.  Fully open means everything goes back to tank.  Fully closed means everything goes to the reel.  In between regulates the flow - though I must admit that I often work with it fully closed.  Really, I could do with a tap to which it's easier to make finer adjustments.
The main downside of this type of arrangement is that it can run a leisure battery down more quickly when tap is partially open (i.e. pump keeps running water back to tank).  I also have a tap at the pole end of the reel.

EDIT:  My experience is that, if working this way, those beefy Flojet pumps are far hardier than the Sureflo.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 07:30:30 pm »
Why would you want to work without a controller ?
They are not expensive and fitted the right way give very little hassle.
I guarantee that I can clean a window every bit as quick as those who don't use a controller
but use half the water.

colin bird

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 07:40:36 pm »
You don't; you work full flow; but I suppose the microbore we use slows it down.

I prefer to work full flow; it's quicker.
i use microbore hose but when working without controller i seem to use loads of water.
looking to get controler fixed.

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:28 pm »

After the pump outlet, I have a T piece/branch whatever you want to call it.  One direction goes towards the reel eventually.  The other direction goes back into the tank.  The branch back into the tank has a tap on it.  Fully open means everything goes back to tank.  Fully closed means everything goes to the reel.  In between regulates the flow - though I must admit that I often work with it fully closed.  Really, I could do with a tap to which it's easier to make finer adjustments.
The main downside of this type of arrangement is that it can run a leisure battery down more quickly when tap is partially open (i.e. pump keeps running water back to tank).  I also have a tap at the pole end of the reel.

EDIT:  My experience is that, if working this way, those beefy Flojet pumps are far hardier than the Sureflo.
yes hear where your coming from.just wondered as controller has gone tits up twice in three months

colin bird

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 07:43:10 pm »
I guarantee that I can clean a window every bit as quick as those who don't use a controller
but use half the water.
yes that what i was thinking

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 07:50:43 pm »
but use half the water.

Rubbish.

Got rid of my controller; use a tap on my belt and 650L lasts two of us just the same as it used to.
It's a game of three halves!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »
Full flow with no controller = fast
Aquadapter helps to save water

SeanK

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 08:11:11 pm »
but use half the water.

Rubbish.

Got rid of my controller; use a tap on my belt and 650L lasts two of us just the same as it used to.

You have lost me on this one, are you saying the pump will pump out the same amount of water with or
without the controller ?
I cut my flow in half but spend the same time scrubbing and rinsing.
I would say I'm saving about 200L a day.
My quality is no different I just waste less water.

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 10:18:20 pm »
I have a 1/2" plastic on/off valve between the pump and the tank. It was hard to fine tune but since I bought one of the (claber) metal hose reels with brass fitting from gardiners, it works pretty well.
Before this, I had a hozelock hose reel and found that it would leak at the pump fittings if I turned it too low.

I have found that personally I could cut my water usage down considerably, but the end result is that a 6 hour stint would take me 7 hours.

WGB

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 08:56:17 am »
I just bought a round of a windy who has an on/off switch for his pump which switches pump on full he has 750 litre tank but runs out early on commercial work because of the constant use. I have 500 litre tank which runs out about an hour early every day with a flow rate of about 70 on 100psi pump, going to upgrade to his 750 tank but still think it might be a bit tight for water with it on full at 99 flow rate.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 09:48:16 am »
I use more water with no controller but the cost of pure in my area(Merseyside)  means that if I save an hour a day it's well worth it.
My tds  is 35ish BTW