This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Mahoney

What would you do ?
« on: May 27, 2014, 05:32:53 pm »
Been working for a FM company now for 4 years, great relationship, 4 builders cleans per week, national pub chains, sub loads of carpet work out, I also look after the pest control side for them.

Went to a scheduled job on Thursday last week, deep clean to kitchen equipment before the new altro floor and cladding went into kitchen.

Arrived on site, none of the usual faces were there, was greeted by a suit who informed me that the whole management structure had changed but all was carrying on as normal and he produced his laptop and promptly started to go through the next 5 weeks jobs I had booked in with them and confirmed they were all still approved and nothing would be changing imminently.

cracked on with cleaning the following;

commercial 6 burner oven x 2
double deep fat fryer x 2
stainless steel units of various sizes x 16
fridges x 4
griddle plate x 1

Returned to site on Monday to commence the handover clean, after speaking to a few of the contractors whom I have got to know over the years on the same sites for the same FM company and all seemed well with them although they were as surprised as me to the so called takeover.

cracked on with builders clean

64 windows internal / external, scrape & sparkle
acid clean to existing brick fire places
apply sealant to new slate bar apron
apply sealant to new slate toilet floors
all usual builders clean headaches
sweep car park
 clean all internal glass & mirrors
clean all new external signage
vac all carpets etc etc etc

Returned to site this morning for handover, was greeted by a new face and was asked what was my " BALLPARK FOR A QUICK CLEAN ON ONE OF THESE PLACES "

Told him the invoice would be with them at the end of week as normal, to which he replied " WE WONT BE LOOKING AT MORE THAN HALF A GRAND FOR CLEANING WILL WE "

TOTAL HOURS ON SITE  3 DAYS 3 BLOKES = 66
TOTAL MILEAGE = 240

Is anybody willing to give me there ball park on this, I am going to post the price I will be charging once I have calmed down and drank this nice rioja !!!!!!
MIKE MAHONEY

Clean Enviro UK Ltd.
cleanenviro.co.uk
07877 467811

Jettaway

Re: What would you do ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:52:20 pm »
I don't deal with this kind of work, but all your work was approved, the price is the price. If its over this guys 'budget' then that's his problem, not yours.

B Bailey

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 06:05:01 pm »
We would have been £1800 plus vat

BDCS

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:50 pm »
Once you have to deal with a Merchant Banker like that it soon does away with any pleasure you have in a job and any goodwill with that company. Reading between the lines I assume they want more than blood and you'll very soon kick them into touch. They are new faces with no personal interaction, they want to make themselves look good off of your back for bottom dollar. 

Essex Power Washing

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:24:02 pm »
Put the guy against the wall and explain the reason you have not broken his leg