Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tref Griffiths

Re: Advice Needed!
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2014, 08:23:37 am »
Brilliant - email sent mate!

simonmnickson

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2014, 09:48:46 am »
Shaun

I started with the turbo dryers as I felt (wrongly) they would be needed, I had worked for chem dry before and also had the truck mount so felt the little maxi would need the turbo dryer for drying times, after just a few weeks I ditched the turbo dryer and it hasn't been needed in over 18 months a bit like the alltec.

Vive le Maxi !!!

Restormate seem happy with them too.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2014, 11:29:32 am »
You've got good breading! Lol what's the difference between your alltec and your maxi?

Shaun

peter maybury

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2014, 06:30:02 pm »
There is so much bull here by people that are obviously not qualified to give out the advice they are giving. A vax machine is a fine machine until you have something to compare it to.
I started out with single vac machines and thought they were fine until I did some training and saw other machines in action. As well as not being powerful enough in vacuum you are also limited by the water pressure another major factor is water temperature.
TACCA will not accept single vac machines as qualifying equipment as it is something really that belong in the diy sector.
Single vac machines are just not up to the job and anybody using them should put it alongside a decent set up to see the difference.
You  would be better doing some training before investing in equipment.
Low moisture has it uses but is just one of a few systems that you need to get competent at if you want to offer a good quality service to a wide customer base. With low moisture you will get much better results with a machine that is designed for that job than just buying any old rotary. Again you will not have any idea as to how good a machine is until you put it alongside something to compare it to.
It is a shame that you cannot make the TACCA meeting as I would say that the experience of that would be far more beneficial that spending thousands on training courses.
As somebody who has been in the trade for a long time, I find it an inspiring experience and never come away from it without learning something and getting a motivation boost at the same time.

Peter

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »
I know Peter, no wonder experianced cleaners leave this forum in thier droves. Some posts get right on my F'in t1ts. Its like a big wind up.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2014, 07:26:20 pm »
1500 quid ill tell you what to do with it don't bother your time and go and get a job simple as that , 

1500 pounds will buy you half a good set up second hand that's fine .so you can market cool ,

wheres  the cash coming from to pay your bills when theres no work , your money will run out fast , and then you will work for northing as you be dragged in to the cheap cleaning end = 10 pounds a carpet please sir  ;D  lets not even think about the problems your going to get buying a cheap van ...

but if your clever like me  .......

get a set up and a van , then get a job delivering fast food on a night , so theres your cash flow everyday, and a customer base as when your giving them there food you can give them your card ect ect ect and lets face it theres your foot in the door !! they have to talk to you for there food so your in there maybe not straight away but after a few months the customers will become friendly then you pitch them

work day and night with bills getting payed via fast food , everything you make cleaning you can buy better gear and bigger marketing unless you have 10k sitting around doing northing to pay everyday bills you will need to take the rose tinned carpet cleaning glasses off and smell the coffee its going to be hard going even people that's been going over 15 years are packing in because of the cheap cleans out there

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2014, 07:32:19 pm »
It is a discussion forum people will have their opinion and should not be gagged there are other forums for that, personally I think the open minded should listen and debate it's healthy! new comers can make their own minds up and learn why it's not just pushing and pulling a wand across a carpet on a personal note I'm interested on how a 'less' powered machine can clean and dry a carpet without the use of turbo driers in an hour and what techniques are being used and if I'm missing out something.

Shaun

Craigp

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2014, 08:57:54 pm »
I know a forum which states in their rules "Peoples opinions are based on their own experience, therefore cannot be wrong"

But its hard not to challenge when it's so different to ours.

Another forum I frequent states in the rules "Any posts I see with 'I' in small case will be deleted on site"

I like that one.  :)

John Kelly

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2014, 11:06:07 am »
This is a photo of me 20 years ago, don't laugh at the tash ;D. I used to have a couple of very nice contracts, one with Newcastle Breweries for their pubs and one for a Builiding & Decorating company run by the most demamding, obnoxious man you could ever meet who used to re-furbish all the CIU social clubs.
The breweries only had their carpets cleaned when the environmental health officers forced them to. So they were minging with severe blacktop. All really good quality seamed Axminsters.
Most of the work was carried out with that blue machine in the photo. An Extracta DX. Single vac, 100psi.
No Internet forums back then, no CRB's. My weapons, Prochem pile brush, watering can with fine rose, wallpaper spiked roller, Enzall.
Carpets were in use same day, no shrinkage, looked great.
Kept these contracts for years until Newcastle Breweries sold off all their pubs, passed other contract on to Paul King when I started fire & flood full time, think he still does it.

Paul Moss

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »
Just seen the pic  :)
John are you sure that Shaun is not your love child  :D

Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2014, 01:05:06 pm »
That's a cracking womb broom!  ;D
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

all the CIU social clubs.

So the forerunner of this website was a get-together in a pub! ;D

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

*Hector*

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »
That could explain a lot Rog...  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Darran Pryce

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2014, 04:45:50 pm »
Lol John, you looked like Kevin from Corrie. 

John Kelly

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2014, 04:53:02 pm »
Cheers, ypu've made my night...not :'(

Darran Pryce

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »
It's the tash... lol.  So many think I'm Tom Cruise. Must be my hair style.  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2014, 05:54:08 pm »
You think that's funny Paul moss used to be Kevin the gerbil  :o

Shaun

*Hector*

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2014, 05:56:15 pm »
There is also a rumour knocking about that you used to be generous Shaun..  :o

;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »
That is a vicious rumour!

Shaun

*Hector*

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2014, 06:16:32 pm »
I know Shaun...

I wouldn't have believed it myself, If......................

I hadn't started it...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D