Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darran Pryce

Re: Advice Needed!
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:52 am »
Personally I would go for a Sabrina maxi... Great machine for the money and great suction power too...

Tref Griffiths

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2014, 09:49:57 am »
Cheers Darran

If I'm remembering rightly, you guys normally use the maxi ad-hoc when you come across mingers?

In your experience, could the maxi be used as a "main machine" to get me off the ground as an initial set-up? Specifically looking for a small porty rather than a bigger machine at this stage (space constraints both in my house and vehicle)

Many thanks

Tref

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2014, 10:26:38 am »
What ever you get make sure its a twin vac , If not you will want one shortly after starting and you will need to spend sooner than otherwise on an upgrade

Darran Pryce

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »
Tref, myself and others such as Simon Nixon on here use the Maxi as our main machine if the carpet is really bad.  It lifts dirt really, really well and the drying time is around an hour.  It's a tough machine that also holds 30L of water.

It's light to carry around too. 

I can give you a contact for a 2nd hand one. I paid £400 for mine and in the 3 years of using it has made me tens of thousands of pounds.  Not had to replace a thing yet.

Mind you for the last 18 months or so, I have gone on to other methods of cleaning as per my posts.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2014, 03:46:35 pm »
One thing Darran did not mention is you have to take into account that the craftex maxi has a lot shorter hose length than a twin vac so what use lose with an extra vac you gain from that and it's so well designed it's the best suction on a one machine I have ever seen and they have a 135psi pump normally too. They will be loads on here who will scoff at this but one of my technicians use's it all the time on domestics and gets great results and the customers love the service. Do not use them on bitumen backed commercial tiles though.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 04:12:11 pm »
Tref if you are going for new machine then have a look at airflex mini, you will get 1 day training included in the price. extra day is 85 + vay i think.

jim mca

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »
With the equipment available to professional carpet cleaners there should be no need to take a machine into a customers house and wheel it round the house get a mini from Cleansmart or alltec easily runs 50 feet of hose and is easily as good as most full size portables.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2014, 07:36:19 pm »
One hour drying times with a Maxi?? come on now  ;D you'll be hard pressed to get that with a TM never mind a single vac machine.

Just buy a brand new machine from the likes of cleansmart, they'll give you a days free training and great support throughout your cleaning career. You'll want to buy a high powered machine, you'll regret not having somthing more powerful trust me. Been there done that. You'll be able to run longer hose runs, fill and empty the machine less often and just an alround better machine.

Borrow the money or sell stuff.

You could set up on a budget I did it myself when i was 17 but its a right pain in the arse doing it on the cheap beleive me.

Paul Moss

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2014, 07:59:01 pm »
I can't get one hour drying times with my truckmount.
Can somebody tell me how somebody new to this job can do it with a Maxi?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2014, 08:06:47 pm »
I might not have been cleaning carpets for 20, 10 or 5 years or have TM (well almost 5ish) but my little maxi  drys carpets in an hour. 

I don't lie.

simonmnickson

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »

I have used a maxi last two years - almost every job every day, unlike Darran I am still Wet extracting the majority,

I have had a Truck Mount before, and currently have twin vac
alltec as back up to maxi, and have used the alltec 2 or 3 times last year, no need to
use it - as the Maxi performs so well - and is so easy to use compared to the much heavier machine.

The fact - despite the b..lsh.t often touted here and on the other main forum - twin vac nonsense and minimum psi nonsense, maxi as adequate psi and very very good vac lift on the job - were it counts.
The maxi as coped with every job for the last two years, never misses a beat, and dry in 60 mins (Touch Dry)

The Maxi is the best value (as a second hand buy), superb performing machine out there, short hose run maybe helps, and design,
solutions do the cleaning (no pun intended)

I quote 1hour drying with my clients/website/maxi

Touch Dry in an hour is a fact with a Maxi unless your wand technique is lacking, or your over wetting or both.

''ONE DAY EVERY ONE WILL OWN A MAXI - till then we remain the special or the chosen ones'

''Vive le Maxi''

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2014, 08:33:39 pm »

130psi is not 130psi anymore when you press the trigger,
130psi on the truck mount or even storm etc is totally different story, hard to wet the carpet in deep when using such an extractor, even on short hose. Get 50psi on your truck and you will see how faster the carpet will dry.

Tref, i got the santoemma mini for my own start, it was wasting money, sitting in the van now used maybe once a month on some stain removal.
Some here says thay were starting with small budget and are big guys now, but when it was. Different times now, different competion, different customers.
Unless you will choice lm cleaning, then maxi as a support for start will be.

Paul Moss

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2014, 09:03:02 pm »

130psi on the truck mount or even storm etc is totally different story, hard to wet the carpet in deep when using such an extractor, even on short hose. Get 50psi on your truck and you will see how faster the carpet will dry.

Tref, i got the santoemma mini for my own start, it was wasting money, sitting in the van now used maybe once a month on some stain removal.
Some here says thay were starting with small budget and are big guys now, but when it was. Different times now, different competion, different customers.

Len, could you decipher this for us  :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2014, 09:08:57 pm »
Simon (and Darren) what's the spec of the maxi? Do you use turbo driers to make carpets dry faster?

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 09:38:30 pm »
I can't get one hour drying times with my truckmount.
Can somebody tell me how somebody new to this job can do it with a Maxi?
Paul,
One shot cleaning, simples. ;D

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2014, 10:44:21 pm »

Len, could you decipher this for us  :)

Comparing  santoemma maxi and truck mounts. maxi has 130psi but once you press the trigger theres no 130psi anymore, small pump. So, using 130psi on santoemma is like 50psi on the truck mount. Before water hits the carpet is ready in the hose. No way to get deep enough. This way fibre dries faster. You need to press the wand so much to the carpet to let water run a bit deeper.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:50 pm »
Preparation is key so a maxi may be all what is needed personally I think it may take longer but that's my opinion.

Shaun

Tref Griffiths

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2014, 11:26:04 pm »
Tref, myself and others such as Simon Nixon on here use the Maxi as our main machine if the carpet is really bad.  It lifts dirt really, really well and the drying time is around an hour.  It's a tough machine that also holds 30L of water.

I can give you a contact for a 2nd hand one. I paid £400 for mine and in the 3 years of using it has made me tens of thousands of pounds.  Not had to replace a thing yet.

Mind you for the last 18 months or so, I have gone on to other methods of cleaning as per my posts.

Thanks Darran - that contact would be good if you wouldn't mind?

Cheers

Tref

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2014, 12:41:30 am »
what does touch dry mean?? its either dry or its frigging wet! touching it with the back of your hand doesn't mean jack, try walking on it bare foot, then you'll see how wet your single vac is leaving the carpet. Come on guys, instead of moving forward your moving back!

just looked at the prices of a maxi and a airflex storm. Its only £1,300 more to get one of the best machines on the market. Plus the training, plus the support etc etc.

Its beans when you think about it. It'll have a higher resale value when you come to sell it, it'll be a long time before you need to upgrade etc, its  no brainer.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2014, 06:45:31 am »
Tref, myself and others such as Simon Nixon on here use the Maxi as our main machine if the carpet is really bad.  It lifts dirt really, really well and the drying time is around an hour.  It's a tough machine that also holds 30L of water.

I can give you a contact for a 2nd hand one. I paid £400 for mine and in the 3 years of using it has made me tens of thousands of pounds.  Not had to replace a thing yet.

Thanks Darran - that contact would be good if you wouldn't mind?

Cheers

Tref
 Hi Tref, if you send me an email info@squeakandbubbles.co.uk I'll send you the details when I get back from a job.  Will be around 5-6 this evening.

Regards
Darran