Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

£5500 on Thomsons AD
« on: February 19, 2004, 09:44:45 pm »
;) ;) :o
Hi Chaps,

Ive just had the Thomsons Rep round and ive increasred my advert to 3/4 page and im going in the Dundee book also.(5500.00 Inc Vat)

Just wondered what you lot spend on Advertising in a year or is that to a personal Question.

I also spend arond £40.00 a week on the local free paper and £800.00 per year on yell. :o :o :o

Mike Halliday

Re: £5500 on Thomsons AD
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 11:15:39 pm »
£5000 on leaflets
£300 on Y/P
£300 on reminder postcards
£200 on direct sales letters.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Phil Marlor

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 11:43:34 pm »

Scots,

What has been your response in Thomsons previously to want to spend that kind of money.

What did you have last year (size,colour etc etc) and what kind of reponse did you get.

Can you let me have an answer quickly cause the Rep is phoning me tommorow for a decision and I am still undecided.

Phil
Stevenage, Herts

LUTON TOWN 3-0 SUNDERLAND

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 12:05:14 am »
If you read previous postings on this forum you will see that Thomsons is not thought of very highly! The general feeling is that its a waste of money, although some areas will be better than others. Keep a computer data base of previous customers, mail them every few months with info and offers, 100 times better response / profit than Thomsons!
Staffordshire

squeaky

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 08:37:04 am »
I have aired my thoughts on Thompsons in past posts,and I will do it again!
Ispent about £1000 one year on a Thompsons add,we always ask anyone that contacts us about carpet cleaning 'where did they get our number ' in that year we had about 2 enquiries from Thompsons, the following year when the rep called I told him that I was not interested and why , he said that it was because the advert was too small and talked me into a half page,well would you believe it ,The response was even worse.
End of Thompsons for me.

yellow pages

With yellow pages I have come to the conclusion that it is a total waste of money advertising big.
I have had 1/4 page adverts in the past but now get just as much response from a much smaller advert
I think that people tend to go for the nearest when scouring through the yellow pages and as long as the ad shows what you can do you will get the calls.

Normal phone book

Now this does work for me the adverts are 1/3 of the price of yellow pages and the phone book now has a yellow pages section in the front of it which is also very cheap to advertist in.
Of course just because this works for me in Devon it does not mean that it would work for CC elseware.

Mark :-*
Part time (mornings) window cleaning/ suites and rugs in sunny Spain and loving it.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 10:24:14 am »
Phil ive sent you a PM

Still time to cancel order!

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 12:09:08 am »
Well its out ?

The book that is, ive spent £3600 and in the first week
booked in £550 worth of work.

And got 3 quotes for domestic cleaning to do on friday.

so its this book and the phone book thats working for us. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 12:49:42 am »
Scots

I know the Scots are frugal, suggest you go back to school as your maths doesn’t add up signed up for £5500 and only spent £3600 that’s some discount. What was in the pm sent to Phil?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 09:28:44 pm »
Scots,
You obviously had second thoughts and reduced your ad size. There is always a flush of enquiries whenever a new directory is delivered - it will be interesting to know how your ad fairs over a three month period - let us all know.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."