This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Aworka App
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »
Can I get the app to download to Samsung tablet please? If so how?

Chris @ Aworka

Re: Aworka App
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:56:50 pm »
Hi Dave

On any device, you can go to mobile.aworka.com to access the mobile site, or full.aworka.com to access the main site.

The mobile site is a quite basic at the moment (new one in the pipeline!) but provides the essential features required when you're out working, job sheets, debt list, etc, and is optimised for use on a phone's small screen. It also works offline, so doesn't require an internet connection, which is handy in areas with poor 3G coverage.

Chris.

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:59:27 pm »
Thanks Chris - I already use it on the Iphone through safari but wasn't sure if the Samsung Tablet was the same. Does it appear as an app?

alfie11

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:37 pm »
Dave definitely try the app its a fantastic piece of software   8)

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »
Got it thanks.

I have Aworka and Cleanerplanner on trial at the moment. Not much in it to be honest.

Prefer Aworka so far but that's probably because it's the first one I tried so am more used to the way it works now.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 09:35:57 pm »
Hmmmm quarter of an hour now and it still won't go in. 'Updating App' zzzzzzzzzzzz

philip.parkin@talk21.com

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 04:03:04 am »
Mine gets stuck on the updating app screen too. I just hit the refresh button in the browser (chrome in my case) and it goes away. Hope this helps if you've not already figured a work around.
I can't wait for the new a work a mobile site. Is there an eta on it?

Kind Regards
Phil

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 07:19:35 am »
Got it in the end. Took about an hour then just started prodding different buttons and it fired up.

I was expecting to see something on the home page at the end of it all like an icon or logo but nothing yet.

It worked ok on the iphone ysterday - ticking jobs off in my lunch break.

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 07:43:58 am »
Yes, sorry the app does sometimes get stuck on the Updating... page, but reloading the page clears it. This only happens when I have made changes to the app itself, so it shouldn't happen too often.

The new version will address this and generally speed things up, both download/sync times and responsiveness when using the app.

There will also be quite a few new features: full planner access, rather than being limited to three days; ability to create new customers and record expenses (finally!) and many small improvements largely in response to user feedback.

As for an estimated release date, I'm way over my original schedule, so will be a little vague and say "this summer". One of the reasons for the delay, is that I'm also working on a move a new server setup to cope with increasing demand, which will go live at the same time as new new mobile app.

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:55:01 am »
Chris, not sure if your 'contact us 'page is working or it might be my email address doesn't like yours but nothing seems to be coming my way which is why I post on here.
Cheers for the response on here.

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:14:52 am »
Dave, I suspect your aworka email address may not be working. Did you get the 'welcome' email from aworka when you signed up? I notice the email address on your account is not verified.

Please try sending me a direct email to chris@aworka.com and I'll reply...

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:08:13 pm »
Email sent.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »
Chris

The new mobile app needs a periodic check to see if its still allowed to access the database, is this still worthy of consideration for the new version, cos i definitely think it cant be allowed to carry on updating after passwords have been changed

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 11:19:04 pm »
Yes I agree Chris. On the new version, it will be necessary to enter the new password on the mobile  before a Sync is allowed, if the password has been changed on the server since the last mobile login.

mark m

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:25 pm »
chris when you got time can you give me a call I am still having problems on the mobile it has been updating now for over a week

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 07:19:02 am »
Mark, press your refresh button whilst it's updating - seemed to work for me. Mine was on for about two hours supposedly updating then I got mad and started fiddling and hey presto!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 09:19:10 am »
Yes I agree Chris. On the new version, it will be necessary to enter the new password on the mobile  before a Sync is allowed, if the password has been changed on the server since the last mobile login.

This where we need a "like" button 😊