This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Petition Up Date - Shocking
« on: March 28, 2006, 06:55:01 pm »
Good afternoon everyone,

It is now Tuesday afternoon and the time is 6pm.
I have received 122 completed petitions and around about 25 blank ones (these are being emailed). Thank you to everyone who has submitted their petitions.

I will display all the information that is going to be used from these petitions sometime late this evening or possibly even tomorrow on the APWC website, so you can all see what will be or has been put forward at the public meeting.

Although I will admit to being fairly new at this, The lack of response has really shocked me and in all honesty I cannot understand why the industry has not joined together on such an important issue.

If the APWC, FWC, Craig Mawlem and all the other individuals do not make an impact at this meeting tomorrow and win this for this industry, I am sorry to say, this will be partly down to the lack of support from the industry.

I would also like to say at this point, despite the individual efforts of several committee members on both the APWC & FWC; I am again extremely disappointed in the FWC as a body!

For the oldest a trade organisation that states it has 1,800 members and who should therefore be representing those members, why have these members not been contacted about the drought and why have they not been directed to the petition.

As a member I was hoping the FWC would see the light and realise it was in their best interest to keep their members informed? From the knowledge I have, the FWC has several full time members of staff that could have done this effectively, but have failed to. Publicly the question was raised last week, why have they not informed their members and no answer has been given. Perhaps, they may enlighten us to why they have not done this. I also made a recommendation to the FWC for them to up date to their website containing news about the drought and also a link to the petition, again, no response and no action.

I know my final comment will be attacked by some, but as a subscribing member of the FWC I feel I should be able to raise it.

The FWC have argued time and time again, they are the industry leaders, they have also stated that there is no need for another association. The above clearly shows that there is a need for effective and proactive representation.

I would recommend everyone to read back on old posts relating to this whole drought Business and to other matters. The APWC highlighted the fact that it was already in the newspapers and on the drought application, we also asked the fed to work with us and for the industry

If the FWC was the industry leader, then this should have come from them..

Finally, thank you to the people that have supported this petition.

And I would also like to thank Steve Lowe for his dedication to the industry and all the hard work he has put in over the last week for industry despite the effects it would have caused his own business.

Many Thanks

Andrew

groves

SHOCKING LACK OF SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 08:14:46 pm »
HERE HERE!
Well done for your comments and I agree with them all.
We run a window cleaning company just outside Brighton and have been astonished by the lack of dedication from people. We contacted numerous other companies in our area in an attempt to drum up support and they either didnt know anything about it or were not that interested.
We have been on the phone non stop as we are really concerned at what is going to happen to our business, livlihoods and homes etc. We have also been onto FWC requesting they contact all their members and put a link on their website the same as you have. We have been onto MP's newspapers, water boards and many more.
We even made up leaflets and left them in janitorial supply shops to try and get to as many window cleaners as possible.
We have done all this and put our work to the side in the last few days for our industry and quite frankly me & my wife are knackered.
I think its just typical of this nation as a whole not wanted to stand up and be counted on things that could seriously affect us all.
We will also be there at the meeting tomorrow in Reigate.

Mark

JohnL

Re: Petition Up Date - Shocking
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:46:25 pm »
I am not taking sides here and I have supported the petition on this site, but perhaps the association with 1800 members and 'a n other associations' may feel that as a body they represent their members to a man and therefore should see no need for individuals to put their names to a petition. It must be  remembered that is the way trade unions work.

This of course relies on those associations standing up to be heard in its full force.

With regards to members on this site, how many of them actually join in and post. I am not a full time WCer but am building slowly and enjoy the topics, hints, tips, discussions and - dare I say - the disagreements and I do post from time to time. It amazes me more people do not post but perhaps they have a family which is more important to them than logging onto web sites and participating. Perhaps, and most controversialy  the majority of 'viewers' may be ones who consider any ban will not affect them. That is even sadder and horribly misguided.

Lets hope your efforts 24-7 S C Services will be more successful than the underlying sentiments of your post seem to indicate!

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.