This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windies

Changing to 2 man wfp set up
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:09:03 pm »
Hi

I've been running as a one man one van set up for a few years now and am looking to take someone on to work with me.
What is the best way to go about changing my set up to a 2 man set up ?
at the moment I have one battery with split relay charge and one pump....
Is it best to get another pump and leisure battery or can I run 2 pumps off the one battery or should i just use a splitter and run 2 poles off my current set up ?
Which way is easiest and works best. ?

Michael Peterson

Re: Changing to 2 man wfp set up
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »
it really depends on your flow rate, if you like a fast flow the best way would to be add another pump and split after the tank, it is however possible to use one pump and split but the flow drops a bit, i work with a high flow and fast, so it has to be two pumps, sometimes we use three as a three man

sunshine windies

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:33:11 pm »
Well I'm not sure but I reckon my flow rate is probably seen as low (25)
If I add a pump do I need another leisure battery or will it run ok off 1 ?

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 04:39:56 pm »
no mate one will do it, we dont use controllers so flat out, what i would do is just split one pump to two hose reals, lose the flow control and see what your flows like at the brush ends,l then if its fine you dont need to buy another pump

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »
If your flow is only 25, just stick with the one pump and branch off of that.

koopmaster

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:00:13 pm »
my flow rate is 28 and I have also started to think about a 2 man setup.

So far I have bought the extra reel and hose.

I was thinking of splitting the hose to 2 reels which I have actually already setup for a test and it works.

but I also bought a spare pump so I am going to buy another controller when I am ready and run both on 1 battery.

but if I keep the split hose I can use it if I ever have anything die on me.  The split hose costs a few quid.

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 06:16:06 pm »
I've been running 2 reels from 1 pump for 2 or 3 years no problem
You can't polish a turd

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »
You can run two poles from one pump and control. You will need to calibrate to the highest pole. However as already mentioned you may see pressure and flow fall. Water will naturally want to take the easiest route, toward the lower pole, In an ideal world I would suggest a second pump running from a single battery. Running you pump around 25 means you are using around 2 - 3 amps an hour running two pumps will mean you are using 4 - 6 amps an hour.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »
If it's on residential work I have one pump running a tank with a pump box and battery spare and send my guy out with a backpack on a barra with 25L containers dotted about. on some work I'll leave him in a street or he does all the backs whichever suits me, also have a back pack as spare. I personally wouldn't rely on one pump and battery as it's only a matter of time before you run into some sort of problem.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 07:40:36 pm »
Battery dies = two men down.

Pump dies = two men down.

Double up on pump, Controllers and batteries. You will recoup the extra cost in hours.

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 07:56:55 pm »
Battery dies = two men down.

Pump dies = two men down.

Double up on pump, Controllers and batteries. You will recoup the extra cost in hours.

AGREE
we have two pumps, 2 controllers and find it much better, we do work on 50 psi flow each
My only problem at the moment is having one car battery linked into the split relay charge, it tends to need a charge during the day so i would say get two batteries or one leisure battery

LWC

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:44:56 pm »
One pump...2 reels, easy, been doing this for about 5 years now without fail.

You do NOT need 2 pumps and 2 controllers.

Richard Neal

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:51:39 pm »
I use 110 leisure battery with a split charge relay, 2 reels, 2 controllers and 2 pumps, never had a problem in 3 years, occasionally have to get the engine running towards the end of the day if we haven't  driven much and battery gets a bit low.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk