Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasonl

Re: Why i dont want truck mount
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 07:09:26 pm »
I did the training , but business has bounced back to well over pre recession levels , so Im back in .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

bennymon

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2014, 08:29:45 pm »
Len will you be coming to the TACCA day this year not seen you in a long time . Del

Bob Allen

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 08:39:22 pm »
I remember when i had a portable doing alot of rental propertys
the number of times there was no hot water, only one plug in the room (needed two)
also themachine would trip electricity, thats if the key meter hadnt run out ouf credit
all these things arnt a problem with a self contained truckmount.
Bob Allen

Darren O

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2014, 10:14:23 pm »
I still use my Powerflight 1350 for cleaning upholstery and doing the odd flat were parking is a nightmare it still does a great job wouldnt want to be without it but it dosent come close to the power and speed of a truckmount.

ian harper

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 07:49:44 am »
Paul

your need to start using splash and dash in your marketing -)

http://chelmsford.cleaning-carpet.co.uk/carpet-cleaning-chelmsford/choosing-a-carpet-cleaners/

I with you on this, but i will be getting a Tm and just so i can offer the service as an upgrade and still be cheaper than most TM. by doing this the customer now has the choice tm or portable. and the over priced TM's will not be able to out market the portable any more with the "More powerful" we all know its emulsification that does the heavy lifting. and the real reason people that clean homes use them is because they are very productive and can say the above in marketing.

Ask a TM guy what he uses on a large commercial job?

so you might want to reconsider not getting a TM -)

If you had an upgrade to a TM for £10 would the customer go for it or not? it demonstrates to the customer that they should be using other reasons for choosing a carpet cleaner like qualifications and good trade memberships.

Its strange how many Tm guys do hard floors, funny that. surly they are so busy cleaning carpets? The reason its a USP and I dont like how they look down on portable machines. put two images side by side one portable and one, TM, no difference. so for the customer what are they really getting? a better cleaner carpet or just a more expensive one?

Trolls dont bother replying. it only my view, respect mine as I do yours.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 08:04:47 am »
????

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 08:13:22 am »
Once again Ian I can't make out what you are sayin,g or who you are saying it to.

It is clear however that you have no fundamental understanding of what trucks mounts are, what benefits they bring to the operator and customer and why people invest in them.
You don't offer TM cleaning as an 'upgrade' it's standard to every customer.
You're very big on marketing, well then you would have a field day if you had a TM because they are as much a marketing system as they are a cleaning system.

Simon

John Kelly

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 09:14:50 am »
Look at it as a grass cutter. The customer has a large lawn wants cutting. You can do it with a push along and it will do a fine job and customer will be happy or you can do it with a petrol engined mower, it will do a fine job and customer will be happy and you'll be on to your next job a lot quicker.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 10:02:57 am »
A truckmount is a tool for a job not a USP.

Get the work, get the machine. Not the machine then the work.

A good example is an owner operator who is flat out and needs to take on a member of staff.

The option could be get a TM and become more productive. In the first year the machine would cost you the same as a years wages.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 02:35:08 pm »
I have to disagree with Jamie on this.
A truckmount is a tool for a job not a USP.

The USP value of having a TM is huge, provided you use it in the right way.
We get calls all the time saying, 'are you the people with the big machine in the van?' And our existing customers attribute the quality of what we do to having that big machine in the van (we all know that is not necessarily true) and because of that perception stick with us across generations.
Passers by ask for cards and looking at the machine say, 'wow, that's an impressive piece of kit.'
It is the fact that you have a piece of kit that looks so utterly professional that leads people to believe that you'll do a great job, which of course we do.
The machine is doing the marketing for you because it looks so unique and distinct from any other carpet cleaning machines they have seen and this helps generate sales that you wouldn't have otherwise have had.

That said, it is only fair to say that it is not necessarily the machine that does a great job, it's the person using it and we all know that you can do a great job with far less powerful systems.

Simon

Glynn

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:39 pm »
Simon
You are never going to convince them, or should I say, they are never going to believe you
 ( thankfully)
Regards
Glynn

Mike Halliday

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »
Ian makes a number of pionts.....

To answer one, would  A customer  pay an extra £10 for thier clean if a truckmount was used? (he suggests not) which might be the case if it was a single room and the carpet cleaner was going to charge £20. An extra £10 is a 50% increase in price for someone who has already chosen a budget clean.

Now if you were charging £80 and offered the £10  ' upgrade' ( Ian's words) then I bet they would..... plus what about the full house clean at £240, would the £10 upgrade be turned down?

I know carpet cleaners that up-sell deodoriser for £20 a room, I don't think up-selling a truckmount for £10 is difficult.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2014, 04:59:05 pm »
' i will be getting a Tm and just so i can offer the service as an upgrade'

Ian you are the troll, you just say whatever you think will wind us up. There is no logic to what you say and you contradict yourself all the time. Didn't you have a truckmount before and sold it and slagged them off, now you are supposedly getting one. I hope you do get one and stick with it this time.   

Your point about commercial is valid though to a point. I do all offices with LM on low profile, but what about a large club with wool pile carpets, you use the best tool for the job.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »
The commercial example is not a valid point it's the same as me asking if you use a wand on upholstery and when you say"no" me saying a wand must be over rated then.

Not using a truckmount on commercial jobs is the same as not using a wand on upholstery,...... it's not the appropriate tool for the job. .....It does not belittle a truckmount it just show it's not the right tool.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

mr muzzy

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2014, 08:57:53 pm »
Look at it as a grass cutter. The customer has a large lawn wants cutting. You can do it with a push along and it will do a fine job and customer will be happy or you can do it with a petrol engined mower, it will do a fine job and customer will be happy and you'll be on to your next job a lot quicker.
sorry mr Kelly the man from the company that I got my machine from told me, there machines were a lot better than any t m , he talked to me for a good few hours. going over everything about this subject,,
I think you need to talk to him too he seems to know what hes talking about xxsee you soon xx

Simon Gerrard

Glynn

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2014, 09:10:43 pm »
sorry mr Kelly the man from the company that I got my machine from told me, there machines were a lot better than any t m , he talked to me for a good few hours. going over everything about this subject,,
I think you need to talk to him too he seems to know what hes talking about xxsee you soon xx

Does he have the initials JH by any chance and has a business in the North East ?
Regards
Glynn

David Ware

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »

Ian you are the troll, you just say whatever you think will wind us up. There is no logic to what you say and you contradict yourself all the time. Didn't you have a truckmount before and sold it and slagged them off, now you are supposedly getting one.

I can remember Ian on Cleantalk a few years back getting help advise and picking there brains about TM and carpet cleaning only to slag off the same people on his website about TM's
David