This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe Bromley

Fuel Card
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:28:25 am »
Anyone signed up to BP or the like for a Fuel Card? Debating the benefits.

Joe

Clever Forum Name

Re: Fuel Card
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 10:42:07 am »
Waste of time. Even a window cleaning special offer card worked out worse off

ascjim

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:44:36 am »
4+ vans maybe yes

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:47:31 pm »
The way I benefit from fuel purchases:

1: Fill up at sainsbury and get Nectar Points

2: Pay with American Express Avios card and get 1.25 avios points for every £1 spent.

3: Pay off american express bill in full at the end of the month and so pay no interest.

Hoping to take the missus to america this year with the points I've earned over the last 2 years.  Also, I spend my nectar points in Vue Cinema, so have had about 3 free films this year so far.

IMO this is the only way to benefit from fuel purchases unless you have a pretty substantial fleet.

Soupy

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 01:23:06 pm »
Eh? How on earth could you possibly imagine that it is a waste of time. I get mine 5ppl cheaper than even the cheapest price at the pump. Simple. Even without the other benefits (monthly/weekly invoicing, analysis reporting, etc) it is worth it just for the 5ppl saving.

Joe Bromley

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:57:05 pm »
Yeh the 5ppl is the reason I'm looking into it.

Gunna give it a go anyhoo.

Cheers for the replies.

Joe

South Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 05:54:15 pm »
We have fuel card,
as already said we save min 5p per ltr.

deeege

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 06:53:28 pm »
Similar to Pete Thompson above.

1, Fill the van at Tesco station

2, Pay with Tesco Credit card and pay off in full every month.

3, Use Tesco clubcard.

Last year I earnt £92.00 in clubcard points which is £368.00 worth of Pizza Express or Ask restaurant vouchers = keeps the mrs sweet.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 07:09:13 pm »
Things must have changed then as whenever we have looked at fuel cards for this business and old business's they have always been in favor of the card owners lol

Who is this with then please OP ?

Cheers

Richard S

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »
simple answer here people.
who of you would like to see how much you spend at the pump in a tax year?
Fuel card systems usually allow you to select your complete use all in a minute.
You may pay a little less or little more from week to week but you do have a back up system.

Loads of cards out there and I aint pushing anyone.

Morrisons allows 60 days credit plus points though.
I don't have one of them.
Bp card if there's one near you are also good.
I use fast fuel card but my spend is above £5k a year
shop around but many offer phishing prices to get you onboard.

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 06:44:39 am »
 ??? I can see (as I'm sure you can) how much I have spent on fuel by looking at the fuel entry on my accounts. If you have a fuel card DO NOT pay more than the price at the pump. EVER. Shop around is key. If they try to charge more than the pump price (most send an email on Friday telling you what they will charge in the coming week), phone them up and complain. I have NEVER paid more. There is no point paying more. EVER.

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 06:58:41 am »
I had a fuel and for 2 yrs or so it was cheaper than the pump price but now with  a lot of cards you pay the average pump price across the UK .

When i complained they always said we emailed you the price which they did and i worked out the cost oddly my calculations were always cheaper than theirs . They start off cheap then the prices creep up better off paying pump price and try making savings elsewhere in the business .

So i  decided to get rid of mine as i was putting in £60.00 of fuel and sometimes been invoiced for £62.00 plus an annual fee  of £25.00 they became a rip off . It is cheaper for me to use local BP i only put proper Diesel in my truck would not risk Supermarket Diesel . Mike

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 07:09:54 am »
can anyone recommend a card ???

Soupy

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 09:18:01 am »
Quote from: M & M Window Cleaning
When i complained they always said we emailed you the price which they did and i worked out the cost oddly my calculations were always cheaper than theirs.

And you let them off with that? If they said they would charge you x then charged z that is illegal. You must stay on your toes with them I agree, but they soon get the message if you are on top of them any time there is a discrepancy.

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 09:22:45 am »
Quote from: M & M Window Cleaning
They start off cheap then the prices creep up better off paying pump price and try making savings elsewhere in the business .

Next to wages, fuel is our top expenditure. Better off making sure they stick to their 5ppl promise....

Soupy

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 09:26:34 am »
Quote from: bobplum

I am using UKFUELS at the mo...

I also have dieselpoint and fuel genie but don't use them.

Joe Bromley

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 09:42:49 am »
UKFuels is probably the one I'll get to be honest as I don't want to be limited to BP as Tescos are every 100 meters here.

Cheers for you input on this Soupy mate.

Joe

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 04:30:08 pm »
anyone use drive card

ANY feed back on them please

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »
Quote from: bobplum

I am using UKFUELS at the mo...

I also have dieselpoint and fuel genie but don't use them.

UKFUELS is who i was with i used to deal with a local company who was part of that business and only had 1 or 2 issues and things were sorted promtly ,

Then their was a big takeover from then on i had to deal with an office down south and they were totally useless i sent emails and phoned and got nowhere after been messed about i cancelled my account by emailing my account manage directly as he would never return phone calls .

Never heard anything for 2 weeks until he phoned up asking why i cancelled my direct debit and that i owed the annual fee which was now due to be paid .

Now apparently he never got any of my messages or emails informing him how unhappy i was with the service i was receiving and neither did he receive my cancellation notice via email or using the cancellation form on their website .

Absolutely bunch of idiots who dont have a clue what they are doing , I have  saved money buy cutting down on collecting and over the next few months my fuel bill will continue to reduce . Mike

Soupy

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 06:50:29 pm »
Fell out with ukfuels today as it happens. Overcharged, as yet unresolved.

We'll see what happens I suppose...