Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Chemdry Franchises
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »
Does anyone know how many individual CD franchises are allowed in any one area/town.Is there a set limit or can anyone buy one?

Not that I'm going to its just that there at least 3 in my town of Bury alone and its not really that big a town.

Must be a competitive market for them.

jasonl

Re: Chemdry Franchises
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 06:26:29 pm »
They sell one franchise per 60,000 population . and an area is defined by metropolitan boroughs , so if Bury has 240,000 people they will sell 4 franchises there .

Its rubbish because it takes no account of demographic , so for example Bury will have much less quality housing per 60000 population than say Trafford .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 06:51:38 pm »
Yes sounds about right then.The Metropolitan Borough of Bury (not the town) has 184,000 population.The town is about 70,000.

So that's the 3 for the borough.

I think all 3 are actually in the town of Bury too.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:01:54 pm »
Wayne

The other thing to bare in mind is that franchisors (in this case Chemdry) will WANT a percentage of franchisees to fail.

That way they can sell the area in question again.

Franchisors are not particularly paternalistic. Yes they take the monthly fees but also are more than happy to take "buy-in" fees from new franchisees taking over in an area that has already been sold at least once. If they have several franchisees in one area competing against each other then that is all to the good as far as the franchisor is concerned.

Rog

Or am I being too cynical in my old age ???
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 12:50:37 pm »
I would have thought they devided the area into Post COdes

Are they allowed to set their own prices etc

To me it defeats the idea of a Franchise as you are buying a brand and hopefully marketing rights for your area.

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »
It is boroughs not postcodes . The ex wife of Robert Harris divided the world into territories in the 1980s , there have been minor changes in the uk due to council changes .

Non exclusive areas are to ensure maximum brand penetration.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings