Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Bonneting a wool rug.
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »
Got a very big job booked for next week which contains a massive wool rug.

It is literally the size of an average lounge.

The problem is that it's in a vast room that has laminate flooring and I don't want to risk moisture getting to the back of the rug and possibly distorting the laminate.

The customer is happy for me to bonnet the rug and says she just wants it freshening up.

I don't do a lot of LM bonneting but have a Floormac and pads and I'm sure this will be adequate for this job.

My question is what product best for bonneting a wool rug? Will M Power be Ok or SPM at a low dillusion.

Any advice please.

Thanks Wayne.

wynne jones

Re: Bonneting a wool rug.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:13:46 pm »
whatever you use you could ruin it but products wise id encap it. assuming its a machine made nothing special rug although the size alone would make it quite valuable.

good luck. 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 03:45:47 pm »
Its nothing exotic or oriental,its just a very large cream rug - obviously valuable due to the size.

*Hector*

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:51:43 pm »
do you have fusion clean Wayne?
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 03:56:10 pm »
HWE it. If you cannot control the amount of moisture passing through the rug then hand in your wand at the door.

I would guess you would have to drench the rug to create the situation that might allow enough moisture to effect a laminate floor.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »
do you have fusion clean Wayne?

I think I have some somewhere yes.I think I got some in a trial pack from Solutions.

Would you bonnet with that?

Hilton

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »
Tarp sheets around and under the edges and bonnet away, warn them about the odour that will hang around for a few days.....

wayne zabel

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »
HWE it. If you cannot control the amount of moisture passing through the rug then hand in your wand at the door.

I would guess you would have to drench the rug to create the situation that might allow enough moisture to effect a laminate floor.

Mike when I first started CC I did a job of cleaning some cushions in a room with a laminate floor.

Despite covering up I got a call back saying I had distorted some of the floor.There was a minute swelling on 2/3 planks.

I'm certain it was already there and they were pulling a fast one but it ended up going through the insurance.

Ever since then I have had nightmares when working near laminate and I'm extra cautious.

jim mca

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »
If you have a Costco near go and get there tarpaulins absolutely massive and thick

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 06:37:11 pm »
I'm with mike, on this one, more risky IMO to bonnet and fuzz the pile.
"So basically its a big vax!"

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »
You're being too cautious Wayne, protect the edges of the rug by all means as the other guys have said, then pre spray, scrub, rinse and extract - there's no way the water is getting through to the back of the rug.

I regularly clean rugs in my conservatory on top of a laminate floor.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 06:44:12 pm »
Lightly hwe then bonnet after.

Shaun

JandS

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 06:47:07 pm »
Same as Steve but not as big as the one your doing....if they are small enough I'll use a hand tool to extract.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

stuart_clark

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »
I hwe a big long piled rug yesterday, but I was cleaning the L/D First anyway, but it was cleaned on the carpet , then allowed to dry on the laminate