Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: COULD YOU BELIEVE IT?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 08:22:13 pm »
Part of your advice was an email campaign against this chap. Rubbish advice.

Did you miss the grin.... this part was tongue in cheek and an attempt to lighten the situation with humour.

You also missed the most serious point entirely, so again rubbish advice.

What point do you refer to?

A £500 fine against £2000 defending yourself and thinking the fine is better, is again rubbish advice, if you win you claim damages and get your costs reimbursed.

Against a complainant on Legal Aid? Join the real world!

The rest of your post is irrelevent and information that is not needed in this argument, what the hell has David Bellamy got to do with it!!!

That part of my post is to put perspective on the number of dis-satisfied customers: 3 out of 300 would be a bad business; 3 out of 300,000 isn't.

I also think Arthur is  big enough and ugly enough to look after himself

So what is the point of a forum if it is not to share experiences?

Am I missing something

Yes

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 08:29:28 pm »
Has Gary gone to join the thousands who want to take me to court?  :o

Gary, I may disagree with you, you may disagree with me, but if we meet I'll buy you a pint, as long as we talk about something, anything other than this topic!

You'll recognise me from my photo, but I do hope that your photo isn't the real you!

A good discussion with a frank exchange of views, not a declaration of war.

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2006, 08:55:05 pm »

Did you not know that Lotto-rapist lives there 

Aye Arthur, and he's in good company.

;D ;D ;D

That was exactly what I meant

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2006, 09:00:31 pm »
...I also think Arthur is  big enough and ugly enough to look after himself ...

Gary,
 ::) I missed that bit  ;D
That is why  ::) you did not approach me at CARPEX  ;D  ;D ;D

garyj

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:22 pm »
It wasn't me in the blue carrying a notepad at Carpex, I  think that was a lost train spotter. I arrived for Friday afternoon only but still managed to bump into some famous and infamous faces off the forums. I was wearing a brown suede jacket that day and definitely wasn't carrying a notepad.

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 09:39:17 pm »
I did not mentioned notepad, I said notebook, a paper notebook I meant, never mind...

...I also think Arthur is  big enough and ugly enough to look after himself ...

Gary,
 ::) I missed that bit  ;D
That is why  ::) you did not approach me at CARPEX  ;D ;D ;D

Paul Forster

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2006, 10:04:32 pm »
if I quote a price for work then this price is individual to the customer and the property and non negotiatable. I would not even have responded to the guys first email.

For the record  i have had  2 difficult customers in five years of buisiness so Andrew must be doing well to only have 3 in 27!

Paul

BSF

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2006, 10:10:14 pm »
Just put from £xx on adverts/websites

Regards

Paul

Regards

BSF

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2006, 11:42:20 pm »
I have just posted my respond:

Dear Mrs SENDER,

This is my last e-mail to you.

I do not know how you found our company, but I assume that you might have heard about us from you friends/relatives or have seen our advert on shop windows in Ponteland or Darras Hall or in “paper”, “paper”. 

Our adverts displayed in shop windows in Ponteland and Darras Hall related to those and close surrounding areas, but not specifically to the dwellers of Stamfordham.  “paper” and “paper” are not distributed in Stamfordham, so our adverts printed over there were not addressed to the dwellers of Stamfordham.  We have never distributed our leaflets in Stamfordham and close surrounding areas.

However we might be prepared to travel as far as it makes a sense for the business.  In you case we would have to travel from Ponteland to Stamfordham four times (take a member of our staff to your home then come back to Ponteland and then again go to your home to take our worker back), 6.3 miles each side, that makes total 25 miles trip.  From our point of view for 2 hours of job in Stamfordham it was reasonable to quote £15-00 per hour. 

You thought it was too expensive.  As we are not the only cleaning company in the North East and you may be lucky try to find someone who would do such job for less.  I would suggest you to try this link. 

As far as your request for us to come and clean your house I should tell you that I am in a position to refuse to offer our services to anybody at anytime. 

I have had no business with you prior to this.  Please let it remain that way in future.

Best wishes,

Arthur Rudzenis

Partner

A & J Cleaning Services

Thanks to Lizzy  ::) I have used her expression as my last word ;D  ;D  ;D

As far as I am concerned this is the end of the matter, I will not be responding to her requests/e-mails etc.

busydaffodil

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 10:02:36 am »
Oeeerrr.   Didnt realise my line sounded so dramatic!

Hope that ends your hassles AJ

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 10:11:22 am »
Guess what...

They shut up 

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 10:31:16 am »
Phew.......... that discussion was getting a bit heated, wasn't it?

Arthur.... glad they shut up

Daffodil.... welcome back!

busydaffodil

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2006, 11:58:47 am »
lol   didnt go anywhere. I'm always around...usually in the NON CLEANING related section!

Glad your problem is solved AJ.

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2006, 12:10:58 pm »
..I'm always around...usually in the NON CLEANING related section!...

Now I understand the true meaning  ::) of your avatar  ;D ;D ;D
If you spend most of your forum’s time in the NON CLEANING related section, then you should not change it...  ;D ;D ;D

Regards,
Arthur,

PS are we friends again?

busydaffodil

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 12:16:09 pm »
sure.   

You'll also see I change my avatar very often.   My favourite is this one

<<<<<<<<< I have a whole pile of them now.  I'm the steptoe of the avatar world

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2006, 11:28:58 pm »
Guess what...

They shut up 

;D ;D ;D

True  ;D

Do you know what bit them?

I'll tell you - it is the power of common sense  ;D ;D ;D

Regards,

Arthur ;)

therapist

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2006, 08:41:47 am »
I'm sure this will have caused most, to be more cautious  when marketing their services, but something that was never raised...........

Client expectations !!!!!!!!!!

This will almost never be the same as the providers and to overcome this potential problem, all you have to do, is  "  walk through '' and list everything that the client wishes to be done.      Cost it on a time basis and present this, personalised quotation, which will either be accepted, rejected, or modified.

Only then, will you have a basis for working together and avoiding conflict, other than maintaining standards.

rob m

Art

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2006, 09:54:43 am »
AJ,

You said at the start  off this thread that you would have to take a cleaner to the house and then go back and pick them up.
Assuming your core business is domestic, is this something you do with all your staff? as i would imagine this must be very time consuming to lift and shift on a daily basis.

Arthur

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2006, 10:15:33 am »
AJ,

You said at the start  off this thread that you would have to take a cleaner to the house and then go back and pick them up.
Assuming your core business is domestic, is this something you do with all your staff? as i would imagine this must be very time consuming to lift and shift on a daily basis.

Arthur

The area which we serve is very compact, every single house over there is a potential customer, so once you there it is not time consuming to lift and shift our staff at all.

By the way, public transport does not go to Stamfordham - the place where we quoted £15-00 per hour.

Regards

Arthur

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2006, 10:21:42 am »
I imagine that a great benefit of "lift and shift" is that Arthur gets to supervise workers, results, performance regularly.

by the way "lift and shift"... what a great term ... perfect for a courier business, much berrer than "man and van"  ;)