Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary999

Re: going back to cold water full time!
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 09:24:53 pm »
i will be using hot for con cleans etc..but on my standard maintenance
cleans i will be using cold..especially in the summer when i enjoy
that cool mist blowing towards me ;D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:59 pm »
im gonna keep the heater and hose but put it in storage then if we get a very cold winter ill bring it out of hibernation.

other than that ill be using cold water all year round.less messing about.there is no way i could use normal microbore with hot water!i blew my normal thermobore in 3 months with hot!! ::)roll ;D.

the real issues are having to use heavier hose which makes a massive difference when your dragging it around every day.

pressure problems from time to time ruining hoses,blowing connectors

expense of gas(£50 a month)if used every day

fumes in the van

no real difference in speed or ease of cleaning apart from birdmuck and snailtrails but the added weight of heavier hose negates the time saved on the odd window.

not needed on add on jobs as virosol and outside taps is just as quick as flow better and you save your pure water so cheaper.
price higher/work harder!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 09:33:23 pm »
talked yourself out of it daz  ;D

robertphil

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 09:35:52 pm »
on the subject of fumes ,worth checkin the airflow vents on any van / often near the back door hinges , surprising how many of those are blocked up ,makes a real difference too

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 09:36:13 pm »
You guy follow like sheep.Hot water is the dogs, you will miss out on the best thing because Daz fried his hose with boiling water.

its defo overrated IMO and its expensive and more messing around.

i speak from experience although i will get it up and running if we have a very cold winter in the future!BUT!it would have to be pretty bad!!snow etc. ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:24 pm »
im gonna keep the heater and hose but put it in storage then if we get a very cold winter ill bring it out of hibernation.

other than that ill be using cold water all year round.less messing about.there is no way i could use normal microbore with hot water!i blew my normal thermobore in 3 months with hot!! ::)roll ;D.

the real issues are having to use heavier hose which makes a massive difference when your dragging it around every day.

pressure problems from time to time ruining hoses,blowing connectors

expense of gas(£50 a month)if used every day

fumes in the van

no real difference in speed or ease of cleaning apart from birdmuck and snailtrails but the added weight of heavier hose negates the time saved on the odd window.

not needed on add on jobs as virosol and outside taps is just as quick as flow better and you save your pure water so cheaper.

We use minibore on warm water with no probs.
Only time I ever had a problem with leaks and constant bulging was with a digital controller.
I couldn't get the cut off right with the heated hose so put on an analogue controller ,
Bingo never had a problem since.
I've since swapped 3 controllers over to analogues and there is never a problem with air locks or pressure. Dial the settings in and away you go .5 on speed and 1oclock on dead end.

david mark

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »
Got 3 gas heaters in the garage waste of money

keyser soze

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 05:58:25 am »
hot water is better but imho its not worth the cost . some have it luke warm and i can't see the benefit used like this. it s a lot better when its coming out hot hot . summer its good for bird and fly dirt and residue left by bees but it needs to be hot not luke warm . thermal shock is a danger though. my only issue with hot is the cost ..seems nuts to spend 60 to 100 a month on it.
i miss it when i run out lol

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 08:50:28 am »
The problem with hot water has been highlighted above - it needs to be pretty hot to be effective. Once you've had a pane crack like I did then you'll never feel confident of running your system above luke warm which is pretty pointless really if cold will do.

The comfort side of it is great, the cleaning side - nothing special.
I'll probably purchase a cheap Claber reel and microbore in the next couple of weeks for the rest of the season. £26 of gas every fortnight becomes a bit tiresome too.

Richard ham

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 09:11:42 am »
Are the moans from gas users or diesel users? Which system do you use? Hot water is by far superior in cleaning than cold water. You need to learn how to use it.
Www.plymouth-window-cleaners.co.uk

gary999

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:19 am »
Are the moans from gas users or diesel users? Which system do you use? Hot water is by far superior in cleaning than cold water. You need to learn how to use it.

That would depend on the work,on my maintenance cleans it cant
get any easier barely cleaning dirty glass and hot really wouldnt make
any difference,as someone else has stated i would still make the same
amount of brush movements and rinse the same,if at all.

Heavily soiled work,filty first cleans,heavily soiled con roofs baked
on in the summer i would agree with the superior cleaning comment

Its not essential, come spring though it will be another tool
to use when i deem necessary

Window Lickers

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 09:51:37 am »
I guess the ideal scenario would be to have a trolley like setup that you could literally wheel out when doing a conservatory clean, just connect your reel to the heater outlet and crack on.

The only issue I see there is the flame staying lit if it's stood outside of van, although that would help to avoid any H&S issues with fumes.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Window Lickers

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 09:53:10 am »
 ??? ???

its pretty cold here this morning.ice on my windscreen!all my jobs are 6 weekly commercial today with one domestic.offices on a main road first job off the day which will be dirty after the storms so im glad im using hot water today! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

bobplum

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 09:56:44 am »

That would depend on the work,on my maintenance cleans it cant
get any easier barely cleaning dirty glass and hot really wouldnt make
any difference,as someone else has stated i would still make the same
amount of brush movements and rinse the same,if at all.

Heavily soiled work,filty first cleans,heavily soiled con roofs baked
on in the summer i would agree with the superior cleaning comment

Its not essential, come spring though it will be another tool
to use when i deem necessary

agree
I have not used my hot water all this winter, it has its place amongst the other tools in the tool box

Griffus

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2014, 09:58:57 am »
I guess the ideal scenario would be to have a trolley like setup that you could literally wheel out when doing a conservatory clean, just connect your reel to the heater outlet and crack on.

The only issue I see there is the flame staying lit if it's stood outside of van, although that would help to avoid any H&S issues with fumes.

Virosol or similar, old pole and brush to mains.  Final rinse with pure.

Job done.

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 10:54:10 am »

Oh Jesus, learn how to use hot water? Maybe an nvq is coming?

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2014, 11:13:31 am »
Immersion heater in your tank gives you like warm water.

Cheaper to use than gas too.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

LWC

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2014, 01:24:05 pm »
£50 a month in gas!  :o

I have it on all day every day and it lasts over 3 weeks. I checked last time and it was 3 weeks and 4 days so you may aswel say the month.

Daz how do you do everything wrong  ;D just kidding  :)

kempy

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2014, 10:19:20 pm »
I'd never take my hot out .
Good for cold days
Good for conny roofs etc

Cliff perkins

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2014, 08:41:07 am »
thanks daze that made my mind up then.
i will stick with what i got.
regards