This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macleod

TUCKER or IONIC
« on: March 22, 2006, 05:24:21 pm »
hoping to get a few opinions here...
i am thinking of getting a 650lt van mounted system either ionic or tucker.

(currently i use ionic)

i have seen a few lads using the tucker, but wondered what difference is there  between the two systems...

for instance is the tucker system crash tested?

please help, any comments welcome

cheers

sair

Re: TUCKER or IONIC
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:32:39 pm »
use essentially pure will save 1000 s or try using outreach systems depends where your based

can send over pictures if needed purewatersales@tiscali.co.uk
Essentially Pure Ltd

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:43:49 pm »
Sair

I dont think that was the question being asked.

Tucker are not crash tested and only do di van systems if you need ro it has to be done at home.
Also the tucker poles are not insulated so you have to watch for live wires.
Tucker poles are colder to the hands in winter, but in my opinion they are a lot more robust being made from allumimium.

Just a few points for you to consider

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 07:45:41 pm »
From what i have heard Tucker also do the best brush heads in the industry.

I wish i could take all the best bits from all suppliers and cannibalise my own system

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 07:50:07 pm »
I would have facelifts new carbon fibre pole with a tucker brush head and the versatality of the powerpole with an adjustable gooseneck if there is such a thing.

I would have an ionic or concept20 system for the looks.

Crash testing would be fine, i would have omnipoles multi connectors to make the poles more versatile.

Also customer service i would want is window cleaning warehouse and omnipole.

A few other tweaks here and there and i could sell millions of them.

Dave

neil100

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:01:39 pm »
I had demos from tucker and ioincs but I did not buy either machine simply because I thought they overcharge.

I loved the tucker tank, It is completly Frameless but they do prefer to do Di only, Their poles were very good but they were too cold for the touch for me. I would rather buy a cheaper pole from Gardiner, use it till it breaks and buy another. If you go for ioincs or tuker you are locked into useing their parts, which are more expensive.

http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/e650.htm
I have put this weblink in, This machine was not available when I bought my system in Nov 2005. But it looks a fantastic bit of kit. Its a 650 ltr tank.

I bought my system from Facelift.http://www.faceliftcleaning.co.uk/gb/products.php
Web link attached. I am pleased as punch with mine and would recommend them.

Nel.

macleod

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:02:04 pm »
cheers Dave...

none of my clients are worried about the crash test - but i am, but not sure if this is worth the 'extra'... anyway sorry i really dont know but can you explain the difference between di & ro... ! also are Tucker poles heavier?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 09:09:58 pm »
Ro is reverse osmosis and is usualy required if you live in an area with an high tds tap reading. It is more cost effective to use although more expensive to set up, but not too much more ,£300- £800 more than a di system for an ro unit , holding tank, transfer and booster pump.You will need to polish the water off by using a di vessil to bring the water down to zero

With a DI system (ok if your tds is less than 100ppm) it is a lot cheaper to start as you will only need a van tank and a denim vessil full of resin ,cost £120 ? and delivery pump and none of the above.  But you will need more resin changes, mine needs changing about every 4 months at a cost of £60 a time

you will need all the parts for the di system which ever system you choose.

niceandclean

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:07:30 pm »
Dont hold me to this, If you check with Thatcham who crash test they will be able to tell more, but for the vehicle to get a certificate, ie a crash test certificate, the vehicle has to be a specific vehicle, ie Ionics use Renault, and it has to be tested from the front, back and both sides, that means 4 vehicles, for each models, ie long wheel base, short wheel base ect ect which cost alot of money, and thatcham charge for the test obviously. I think as long as the system is bolted down through the floor and you have a decent bafled tank, and it is installed correctly, you should be fine. I  personally would not trust straps to hold a tank down. When i was at windex i was impressed with both systems, Ionics seem to market their system better, i was also impressed with the Tucker system, the guys did know what they were talking about, and they have a background in water purification and you get slighty more for less money.
Im also still debating between the two systems, and at the moment im still very undecided!!!
Thats my opinion.

ben dover

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 05:55:00 pm »
I wouldnt use either.

Ionic cheap parts. Wasn't impressed with tucker

RO-Sheen

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 12:50:46 pm »
I use a Ionics 650l  pro 5 and am delighted with it. I am new to window cleaning so went straight in with the wfp system so dont have anything to compare the pro 5 to.
It is very easy to use and so far very reliable. Ionics are great for aftersales service and they encourage you to call with any problems. Also the crash testing was a major factor for me as I dont fancy 700kg coming flying through the back if I have a collision.
I did look at tucker but one thing that put me off was that it was a bit fiddily to extend the poles each time. From what I remember, you had to use a key to loosen the poles before you extend them but I read recently they have changed it so it is a lot easier.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

gaza

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 01:16:48 pm »
Nice and clean:they might know about water purifcation but dont know what size pipe they use up their poles,and they had an ionics book in their locker ;D
when approached about a mini pole twice  we were shooved in our hannds a price  list, having spent £4,500 with them a while ago their service wasnt that impressive,
so Brett has ordered one from somewhere else.

ITS ABOUT TIME THESE INDUSTRY LEADERS LEARNED THAT SOME WFP USERS KNOW MORE THAN THEM AND THEY CAN ONLY BLAG NEWBIES.

ALL NEWBIES PLEASE READ READ AND READ AGAIN,ASK QUESTIONS TILL YOUR BLUE IN THE FACE SOMEONE ON HERE WILL KNOW,CUS WHEN I BOUGHT MY TUCKER POLE SYSTEM I WAS GREEN AROUND THE GILLS,AND IT WAS ROCKET SCIENCE THEN WITH KNOWONE TO ASK,COULD HAVE ENDED UP WITH A V12 TURBO RELIENT ROBIN 0 TO 60 IN 3.5 SECONDS.

NOT THAT IVE ANY COMPLAINTS AGAINST THE TUCKER POLE,MINE HAS BEEN A FAITHFULL COMPANION AND RELIEABLE  SERVANT AT ALL TIMES [ USING MY MRS WORDS TO DECRIBE MYSELF] ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

brett walker

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
Well said Gaza

yes it was a funny moment at Windex when we saw the ionics catalogue in the tucker pole cabinet on their stand ;D ;D

I would have liked the mini tucker pole is expensive but very good quality but wasnt happy with the sales reps  >:(

So i have ordered a mini ionics pole ive always found ionics to be very helpful when you phone them either to order or just for general advice. 8)

Brett

gaza

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 07:33:23 pm »
YEAH BRETT 69 SQUID OPPOSED TO  210 SQUID
AND AN  ADJUSTABLE HEAD, COULD HAVE BOUGHT 30FT POLE FOR THAT.

GAZA

US NORTHERNERS DONT LIKE BEING ;D IGNORED

GAZA
JUST GETTING MY FLATCAP TO GO TO THE PIGEON LOFT
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

niceandclean

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 01:32:41 pm »
Gaza, do you think it would be worth me spending aprox an extra thousand pounds for the Ionics system??