This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anna_Pollard

Ladders for domestic  cleaning
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:54:00 pm »
Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone knew the rules on step ladders used in domestic house cleaning i.e are they allowed, do they cost more to insure, will companies insure for them on general public and empolyers liability?

I think I have read something about the in and outs of step ladders - so avoided them so far - but as you know on one off spring cleans - they are a necessity!

Any advice, gratefully appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Anna

Jake

Re: Ladders for domestic  cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 10:39:13 pm »
Anna

I think the reason no one has replied to your query is that the use of steps is not considered as much of an issue. They are as you say, a neccesity, but not governed, as far as I know by any regulations such as ones that apply to extension ladders. The usual Health & Safety practices and a bit of common sense should be ok, oh and a suitable Public Liability Insurance Policy!

Hope this is of help,   Jake (Westclean)
Exeter, Devon

goodhand

Re: Ladders for domestic  cleaning
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 07:38:23 pm »
i thought that "DIY" ladders intended for home use were not covered by insurance should anyone fall off.

in a "Youngman's" brochure i have it has three grades of ladders. "DIY", "Light commercial" (supermarkets)
and "Industrial" (Builders ect)
MATT